1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Paul George traded to Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Jul 6, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. Pringles

Pringles Member

What would have happened if the Thunders refused to trade George? George would have sulked for two seasons straight? Similar to Anthony Davis?

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Wut did they expect when dealing with people of oklahoma?

Andre0087 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Time to move on to a new City?

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

"first time playing with an elite player on his level and same talent as me" -kawhi.

oh kawhi many people didn't think you were that good without the spurs "system" ;) shout out to all your ex teammates though

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Paul George To Miss Opening 10 Games, Could Return On November 13th Versus Rockets

Doc Rivers said that Paul George will miss at least the first 10 games of the Los Angeles Clippers' season, telling Mark Medina of USA Today that George "isn't going to be here for the first ten."

George, who said earlier that he was targeting a November return after two shoulder surgeries over the offseason, could make his return on November 13th against the Rockets.

pippendagimp likes this.
  10. likestohypeguy

Are there other injuries too? Ik it's just two random idiots, but Nick & CC's "make a list" segment this morning of best nba teams this season had clippers last on their list of 7. I understand an argument for the likes of lakers and bucks they had one and two, but denver, utah etc. over the clippers?

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Paul George Had Interest In Trade To Spurs In 2017

While the Los Angeles Lakers were believed to be Paul George's preferred destination when he requested a trade from the Indiana Pacers in 2017, the San Antonio Spurs were also on his list.

"I wanted to be traded to San Antonio," George said. "We wanted to go to San Antonio first, and we didn't make that happen."

A source confirmed the Spurs and Pacers held discussions, but San Antonio lacked the assets necessary to acquire George.

The Lakers decided not to deal the second overall pick in 2017 and Brandon Ingram for George as they believed they could eventually sign him in free agency.

George was traded to the Oklahoma City Thunder, re-signed with the franchise in 2018 and was traded to the Los Angeles Clippers in 2019.

"As far as the Lakers, I wanted to go to L.A.," George said. "They didn't make that happen. They didn't put nothing together. So that's in the back of my mind [when I became a free agent]. That was in the back of my mind."

George and Leonard still wanted to play together.

"Since that moment, we were trying to pair up with one another," George said. "We were trying to make it work. [After being traded to Oklahoma City] I had obligations that I wanted to come back to Oklahoma and give it another shot... And then I felt that I needed to move on, I needed to go in another direction and I needed to at that point do what I wanted to do my whole career."

12. JW86

JW86 Member

With Kawhi's load management, I can see why PG was necessary though with that talent Kawhi should've been able to carry them. However, it's the Western Conference so it takes a bit more than that. Smart move by him. PG looks great and with everyone healthy, it's really championship or bust in the next few years.

13. Fantasma Negro