1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Defending freedom of speech is important, but you should know what happened then give a speech.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Emanon, Oct 9, 2019.

1. bearrider

bearrider Member

a moment ago, a HK "peaceful protester" cut a police's throat.

They are terrorists!

Morey supported them. U called Morey "hero".

Morey THE "HERO" dare not retweet it. He's hiding nowhere for whole week.

2. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Non-criminal people, for your own safety do not travel to HK!!

3. bearrider

bearrider Member

U guys can have it in Houston if you accept those HK "peaceful protesters"

4. bearrider

bearrider Member

the truth is out there.

mikeshinoda, dlite316 and YallMean like this.
  5. bearrider

bearrider Member

So realistic

6. bearrider

bearrider Member

More videos uploaded by normal HK people

"peaceful peotesters" my ass

True terrorists

7. ECHKG

ECHKG Member

[​IMG]

8. ECHKG

ECHKG Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] this happened in June
    [​IMG] A priest begging the police dont shoot

[​IMG] if they are criminals, why just beating them but not arresting them?

Yung-T and ashleyem like this.
  9. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Dirty HK cops side with thugs

10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

This is how HK cops are perceived in HK. Scenes like this happen almost every night. They have lost ALL respect.

11. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

While I do not condone the violence in HK, especially against civilians, I do see, however, certain protests as fundamentally larger than others (e.g protesting for freedom of speech vs protesting for equal pay).

I also ask myself when the US won its own independence was it a simple "nonviolent demonstration"? If the government began taking away our freedoms what would I do? What if the police got violent eroding our freedoms what would I do?

The media undoubtedly loves to sensationalize violence and as far as I am aware the only deaths have been suicides. Also it is my understanding the police have also used excessive force and engaged in violence early on in the protests.

With all of that said I think I can certainly support Hong Kong in their bid for autonomous rule. Freedom, including freedom of speech, is far more important to me than basketball. I for one will not stand with people who do not agree with this including the Rockets. Good thing we have Morey.

I for one think its time to stop China from telling us what to do and prioritize our values above economic consequences.

12. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

HK cops beated protester too .

13. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

the communist dictator always call anti-gov people terrorists

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Peace and treaties are brokered on the negotiation table and not in the streets, in the Western world too.

Hope it stays that way, otherwise civilisation has gone back to the primeval ages.

Just because couple of countries got their independence winning wars doesn't mean you can justify those casualties and ask for more wars.

#354 daywalker02, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    dlite316 likes this.
  15. YallMean

YallMean Member

No I did not misinterpret your post. You are back paddling.

Now you are saying erosion of HK rights into Chinese style... I gather that means restrictions of those rights just like how they are in China?

Right to own property ... that’s a non- starter. You agree since you lived there in both places. There is no erosion of that right in both places - you agree?

right to free press - at least no sign of encouragement on that in HK so far - see Apple Daily. And this is not a issue even by the extremist this time. You agree?

right to free trial - extradition was about moving people off of HK through official channels in HK for violation of Mainland law. If anything, that was recognition of HK’s independent judiciary. Practically, Mainland does not need such official channels to move people off of HK. They have army there. This whole notion extradition bill means HKer would be subject to Mainland jurisdiction is ... what? The extremist took this bill and ran with it with their own agenda. The inability of the HK administration to explain it made it worse. Erosion of HK judiciary by Mainland would not start with that bill. They don’t need. Free trail is still taking place in HK as of speak. Some HK post said what about China’s legal system corrupting HK like lack of evidentiary standard and bench trial only. Well, if the 2M people out on the street fight about that - I don’t know what to make of it.

finally right to vote - no erosion you agree. None can be erode if you never had it to begin with. Prospectively and progressively, HKers feel strong about it so they must fight about it. Cool. at least you cannot call it Chinese style interference. This is more like we want to have this right going forward. Then Set the agenda right. For one, this is not an erosion issue because this was a fate waiting to happen since 1997. 50 year unchanged system at least.

#355 YallMean, Oct 13, 2019
    dlite316 and daywalker02 like this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

The guy says, "True freedom allows voices to be heard."

Does that include Daryl Morey's voice? Or does that fall under a different category?

17. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Honestly HK protesters need to up your game soon, I hardly see u guys on the news anymore. Everybody is talking about turkey and curds and stuff, maybe cause thanksgiving is near?

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Euronews saying the protesters are using guerilla tactics to attack, split in smaller but more groups instead of a large, distinct one.

Wonder where they learned that.

#358 daywalker02, Oct 13, 2019
    dlite316 likes this.
  19. YallMean

YallMean Member

Minus the global time ...

My personal
    It's like who started it and why and how escalated into that. You all know really well.

2014:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/29414535/meet-hong-kongs-17-year-old-protest-leader

2016:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/21/world/asia/hong-kong-indigenous-separatism.html

2019 July
    https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2019/07/hong-kong-protests-more-radical/594460/

2019 August
    https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong...l-core-hong-kong-protesters-who-trashed-citys

At least do the south Koreans did, start with taking the masks off and stop attacking bystanders with different opinions of yours. Bunch of wussies throwing tantrums on the streets.

#359 YallMean, Oct 13, 2019
    dlite316 likes this.
  20. YallMean

YallMean Member

See my links above. I am sure Morey did not intend to support the radicalized movement there. That's why I said repeatedly do some research first to find out what it is about before he had to say it.

dlite316 likes this.