1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Police Shooting In Fort Worth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobrek, Oct 13, 2019.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

AllLivesMatter popo

3. likestohypeguy

damn there was not much time between show me your hands and killing her...

amaru and mdrowe00 like this.
  4. bobrek

Right....and I don't think they ever stuck tbeir heads in the open door and announced themselves

edwardc and amaru like this.
  5. MystikArkitect

Why is there "heavily edited" body cam footage?

6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Probably due to the sheer gore of the situation.

7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Honestly I don't even know what to say on this, I'm just sick of the gun violence.

mikol13 likes this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

1. Neighbor calls non-emergency line.
    2. PO goes into neighbor's home with gun drawn.

There's just such a huge disconnect between 1 & 2. Did he ring the doorbell and knock on the door for several minutes, calling out, before entering the house? I hope so. Not clear in the article. (Even if he did, the outcome is not excusable, clearly.)

joshuaao, snowconeman22 and mikol13 like this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

These scared p*****s can’t help themselves. They get the right to kill for whatever reason they want and claim fear for their life.

folks if you call police you risk the death of someone . Remember that.

10. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

What happened to the time when African Americans only had to worry about getting killed walking the streets. Now their homes are not safe anymore apparently.

edwardc likes this.
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Moral of the story, stop trying to exercise your rights and instead comply with orders to avoid getting killed. It's pretty ridiculous, but it seems stupid to attempt to exercise your constitutional rights because cops are shooting first and asking questions later.

It's pretty irritating watching the video get these still shots of a weapon sitting there to try to make us sympathize with the police.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Just based on the video, it seemed like zero justification to open fire. As already stated, very little time was given between the warning and the shot fired. On the flip side if the woman did open fire on the officer and kill him, she would have been within her right to defend herself in that situation and should be exonerated. As is, I don't think there's any justifiable case for the officer's decision to end this woman's life.

Hopefully this officer receives the full extent of the law and isn't instead given an administrative paid slap on the wrist of 2 weeks paid vacation to disappear and shut the **** up from the media until his time in court comes, is somehow found justified in his actions threw some skewed interpretation of the law, and is then shuffled to another police department a few counties away from his current department doing desk work to essentially disappear from further public scrutiny instead of being locked up behind bars.

How fortunate would all murderers be if they were given paid time off, had the defense team of municipal tax payer dollars, had tax paid settlement money to the surviving bereaved to influence lesser charges if found guilty of anything at all, and were assured a quiet desk job months down the road once all the hoopla dies down, if found innocent. Only in the police department in the United States, can this be your reality.

13. bobrek

A few years ago, around midnight, a policeman knocked on our back garage door, identified himself and informed me that I had left our big garage door open. Not sure if anyone called or he was just patrolling and noticed it. I thanked him and closed the door. The whole incident occurred without a gun drawn or shots fired.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

they didn't do anything like that. Never announced that they were police. Check the video in Hangout. Is the trained response to possible break-ins at homes to sneak around for better chance to catch someone?

Also, all the tech in policing now, why can't they call the homeowner as part of responding to anything to do with situations at their residence. If we don't have the tech for dispatchers to call a residence or cellphone associated with the address, then let's get it. Seems merely the ability for police to have a special channel to make calls to cellphone providers forwarded to accounts associated with an address.

They can still respond, but why not try to get owner on the phone, allowing her to meet them outside with phone in hand, talking to dispatcher?​

#14 heypartner, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    B-Bob likes this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Well the body camara is tech and thank God we have it in this case

I have confidence in law enforcement and would have a hard time believing the details of so little time between announcing himself and shooting

I don't understand what he could be thinking. Even if its a burgular a burgular wouldn't be ready if you snuck up on them.

I question recruitment and training

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Add into it the fact that other cops will do whatever to cover up the murderer's crime

Rocket River

London'sBurning likes this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Now that you mention it, we had a situation like that once, in a condo we once lived in that was in a vaguely sketchy part of town. We had left our (interior to the building) door ajar while running a quick errand nearby. We came back with the door fully open and there was a cop creeping around our place with his gun drawn. He said a neighbor had called about the open door. I thought then it was totally crazy that he had his weapon drawn.

They just aren't always trained very well. Maybe that makes them even more fearful and nervous.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They Justified Tamir Rice's Murder
    They will justify this one

Rocket River
    #HerLifeMatters

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Saw this post on facebook, I believe she is the one the hat.

[​IMG]

Poor kid, literally terrorized by those police.

#19 ThatBoyNick, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This is fine.