1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Defending freedom of speech is important, but you should know what happened then give a speech.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Emanon, Oct 9, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I was at the HK airport even during peaceful times, they are bad at re-directing flights during bad weather/minor taifuns.

Was trapped there for 24 hours, nobody was willing to reimburse, had to run around complaining until I got my new ticket.

Whenever there is a crisis whether it is minor or big, HK often makes even bigger.

#321 daywalker02, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  2. YallMean

YallMean Member

Oh well, was once there about 12 hour late because AA delayed. At the gate, they told me that I could stay at the airport hotel but did not tell me that I had to pay myself until I was at the hotel and found out there was nothing vouched for me. I paid, no big deal. But man, getting blocked at the airport for that is absolutely the worst.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Gee they are protesting about "trivial" freedoms like the right to a fair trial, the right to vote, the right to own property, the right to freedom of the press. Imagine you lived anywhere on earth where you have those freedoms and they begin passing laws that directly erode them. i.e. in Hong Kong the origin of the protest was a move in some cases to criminal courts from Hong Kong to China (in other words from real courts to kangaroo courts).

Ask yourself if you would protest if your right to a fair trial was taken away?

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

I wanted to hold back ... but gee what an uninformed post. Right to free trial? They don’t have a free trial? Are you referring to the extradition bill? It’s dead in the water already. And see my earlier posts on that in this thread.
    Right to own property? What are you talking about? Right to free press? Again what are you talking about - have you been to HK?

last, right to vote - no, but that was clear and present ever since 97. In fact they never had right to vote during the British period. So I am not sure what erosion you are talking about.

not saying your ideals are wrong , but please do some research first before you have to say.

dlite316 likes this.
  5. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Yes I've lived for ~2 years in China and 1 year in HK. HK DOES have these rights, China doesn't. The erosion of HK rights into Chinese style rights is what is boiling the water. The extradition bill was but one of MANY bills attempting to remove rights of ordinary HK citizens. I.E. You totally misinterpreted my post.

6. bearrider

bearrider Member

more videos uploaded by normal HK people

peaceful protests? Rioters, scumbag

dlite316 likes this.
  7. bearrider

bearrider Member

8. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

Well as a local Chinese, I would say can we all just knock it off? I can still remember 2 weeks ago we were just as excitedly as US fans waiting for the Rockets new season.

Out of nowhere Morey threw a bomb.
    We were like What the..? We didn’t ask for that. Why us?

I just love the Rockets games. Love basketball. Just want to enjoy the game, enjoy my life. And let politics be politics. What’s even the point of rivalry here, damn.

Everyone had enough. Just get over it.

9. bearrider

bearrider Member

Morey supported Hong Kong KKK mask rioters.

U guys called it freedom.

10. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

I am a local chinese too .
    all rockets news/vedios is banned or blocked now.
    it's this make you love china more?

11. bearrider

bearrider Member

I posted it again.

Hong Kong KKK mask rioters are spreading the terrorism in the city.

12. bearrider

bearrider Member

More videos uploaded by HK normal people.

Maybe these kind of brutalities are popular in US.

13. ECHKG

ECHKG Member

Do you have some videos how did the police treat the protesters few months ago?

14. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

You should go ask Morey. We didn't ask for the drama. It has nothing to do with "love/hate China" or "love/hate US". I just don't get it.

Life is hard. I blame China 1000 times every day. This time I blame Morey.

But still, I'd say just get over it. Clutchfans is supposed to be a forum for Rox bball.

#334 mikeshinoda, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Oh how awful it is to have my day ruined because people want democracy. Oh how awful!

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

China should have gotten over it and moved on when morey deleted and apologized

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

How is this conversation still alive? Let's talk about Michael Carter Williams.

18. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

I stand with Morey.
    a unified china ruled by dictated totalitarian communist party is a tragedy to chinese and hongkong .
    as famous chinese saying :合久必分,分久必合。(split after unify ,unify after split)
    half of chinese history is splited .
    if unified is so good for people why they chose fighting?

19. bearrider

bearrider Member

The truth is out there.

Some local US morons supported terrorists 5000 miles away and called it "freedom".

20. bearrider

bearrider Member

The Hong Kong KKK mask rioters = Hong Kong peaceful protesters?

U guys supported them?

Shame on u

mikeshinoda likes this.