1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros vs. Yankees ALCS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Point being, it's a stretch to say they only won because of that when they scored enough to win. But of course you will stretch anything to justify your point.

He just set the MLB record for least runs surrendered first 7 postseason starts.

Who is making excuses? Posters are mostly saying the offense has sucked.

Stop looking for things that aren't there so justify your Texans nut-gobbling.

Exactly. Fans hate the mediocrity. Texans have enjoyed some of weakest divisions in recent NFL memory. They make the playoffs, then don't just lose, they get blown the f*** out, at home.
    Stros need to do better. We all know this.

Nook likes this.
  2. mario_v

mario_v Member

The Astros make me appreciate the Texans a lot more.

3. Nero

Nero Member

Throwaway game. Would have been nice to have, but ultimately meaningless. The team played like it too, unfortunately.

jcee15 likes this.
  4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

That whole weakest division things is BS. They have had a division where the teams are close and at least 3 of them have competed for playoffs every year.

Look at the Patriots. The reason they get home field every year is they have been the worst division for the last 2 decades. When you win 5 or 6 games EVERY year in your division you are ahead of the curve.

Astros...hit or just roll over and go home for the winter.

lw17 and everyday eddie like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So apparently, Tanaka is one of the best post season pitchers ever going by ERA with at least 5 games started.

Let's just hope it was an amazing game for him and the law of averages can turn around on these other guys.

jcee15 likes this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Eh. I thought if they won tonight the series would be over in 5. Looks like it will be a 7 game series

Nook likes this.
  7. HTM

HTM Member

Yes, clearly, I’m the unchill one.

8. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Texans and Oilers before them haven't played in a conference championship game in 40 years. Meanwhile 3 years in a row for the Astros in a championship series.

The Beard and Nook like this.
  9. TheresTheDagger

The only thing I have to say.....

....is that SUCKED.

See you tomorrow night fam.

whiskeyred, HTM, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  10. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

It’s pretty simple. 1 of 2 things have to happen. Or any combination of these two things.

our two Cy young guys have to pitch flawlessly.

our offense has to explode

number 1 gives us a great chance in games 2,3,6,7. Number 2 gives us a chance in 4 and 5.

we have seen number 1 already. Once from
    Verlander and twice from Cole.

for whatever reason number two seems like a mountain we can’t climb.

Not sure what happened to Springer. But thus far he is taking the 2019 post season off. Brantley has always been a bad post season player. Tuves Bregman and Alvarez are doing ok. But they can’t do it by themselves. Yuli is ok. Carlos is lost. Does not have his timing because he keeps getting booboo’s and can’t play. Reddick bats like a pitcher. Catchers. Well. Yea.

sure seems like our only avenue for four wins is jv and cole with stellar performances. Of course if we score zero that won’t help much. Springer is our catalyst and he is in a Coma. If he doesn’t pop out of it like he did in the 2017 World Series I think we are looking at another bounce from the ALCS

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep.

Win or lose this series, the Astros are still the best run franchise in this city and are likely going to be a contender next year too and still have one talent along with great veteran talent...

The Beard, B-Bob and Nook like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

You a big fan of mediocrity because that is what the Texans have been as a franchise.

Right now this season, the Astros are farther in the playoffs than the Texans EVER have been.

The Beard and HTown2017Champs like this.
  13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I’m disappointed but no time to panic. Still have some faith that we can battle back. Yankees are good but that wasn’t good pitching on our part.

14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Well that ****ing sucked.

Springer and Correa will hopefully remember they are Major league players before this series is over.

lw17 likes this.
  15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I keep seeing everyone but Altuve taking the first pitch over and over and over again. Straight meatballs flying down the middle like the whole league knows they won't swing no matter what. This is "disciplined" approach is annoying the hell out of me.

jcee15 likes this.
  16. Houstunna

Supporting Member

I said "some of" the weakest.

If you could see straight, you would've saw it straight.

They have indeed had some if the weakest divisions.
    When have the Texans ever had a playoff bye?

Texans barely win games and weak divisions, then get blownout in the playoffs.

New England blows people out, and it reflects with their playoff success.

Astros offense needs to stop sucking. True

17. Major

Major Member

Perhaps amongst all the baseball you've forgotten, you also forgot that this is not, in fact, a 3 game series.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

New England had 5-6 assured wins EVERY year. No other team has that advantage. Their division is THAT bad. Gives you a big leg up for home field.

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You think this team is going to win 2 games on the road if they are down 0-2, the way they are hitting?

I guess Vernon Maxwell is going to show in Game 3 and go for 40?

20. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Texans get blown out @ home.