1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] House attacking when Harden guarded too much

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Oct 12, 2019.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

2. JW86

JW86 Member

This is the only positive change from last year so far: House being able to attack. Westbrook changing the pace will hopefully be much better once he’s healed.

3. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I just remember how unstoppable Westbrook seemed against rockets when he started going downhill. With harden getting doubled he is going to get some opportunities to go downhill which is going to be amazing

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

House is arguably the most important piece on the team this season. Has the potential to fill a huge hole on the roster if he can be a consistently reliable wing.

Qbthunny, Raider17, amaru and 12 others like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I have been encouraged by House's energy in the preseason, but everything else has been underwhelming. If he keeps the same scrappy energy, hopefully his game will come around.

This play hp posted came in the 3rd qtr when he pretty much did nothing the whole game prior.

House needs a little more Clemons in him. House needs to flex his ISO ability or take ever shot he gets his hands on.

34to11, amaru, RayRay10 and 4 others like this.
  6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

house playing well enough to start and ego coming off the bench is huge

amaru likes this.
  7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I like house , but I’m not buying that he’s more important than anyone in our starting 5 or even rivers.

Gordon starting is correct . We will have plenty of firepower off the bench because we will be staggering WB/ and James.

Rivers coming off the bench gives us a big punch too.

D-rock likes this.
  8. JW86

JW86 Member

If House can keep up his defense and start to get buckets consistently, he could be our Covington and we’d be set on the wing. Then the only player we’d still need is a 4 with size, but if Thabo can continue his play, I’m not too worried.

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

House is shifting into the role that Ariza played on our team offense; spot up shooter that slashes. Hopefully he doesn't share Ariza's tendency to try and channel his inner Kobe.

ribbit likes this.
  10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Pass and attack! I love the aggression.

Nook likes this.
  11. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

100% agreed. If he can prove to be a plus defender and hit his 3s at that high clip we've seen from him, our roster has no holes. I'd love to have him start to bring EG back to his 6th man role.

vlaurelio likes this.
  12. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

House is great, but you can't say he's better than Melo or Lin

13. PrinceH

PrinceH Member

I'm excited for this season now, i understand how we're gonna play more

vlaurelio likes this.
  14. Monkeychef02

Monkeychef02 Member

Melo or Lin of 3-4 years ago sure, they are better. This season and every season that goes by, I bet my money on the House.

15. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

what you did there, I see it.

Monkeychef02 likes this.
  16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I loved the passing and attacking in my house

17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Its all about attacking the rim - and defense and rebounding... the 3s are what they are...

Most over our downfalls have come when we dont have somebody to go to the rim with authority in clutch time... when we chuck games away...
    Westbrook and House could potentially go along way to alleviating that concern...

dial in on d and get guys scrambling for rebounds and boxing out for boards - and we might have something...

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Westbrook has already been doing this.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Not really. We know he can, but so far, the only drive off a pass that he's made is in the OP. It's only been 2 games, though, but he is mostly shooting 3s off of passes, not driving.

I'm not sure about drives off of passes for assists that we've seen, or drives off of passes for fouls. I'd have to check.

20. pippsux

pippsux Member

House needs to stop settling for 3s. He has the ability to attack the basket at will, then let the 3s fly