1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: Turkey fires on US troops

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Oct 11, 2019.

1. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Awesome, Mr President, hope you can get on that before our troops get killed over there.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

They should change their names to the Freedom Eagles -- nobody wants to help the Turds.

Nook likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You should take up your issues with the Department of Defense. They are the ones who came out and condemned Turkey, said Turkey attacked their positions and that they knew it was a US Position, defied the position of the president by condemning Turkey's incursion into Syria and threatened defensive measures.

That's not fake news. It was an official release from the DoD.

But I know that Trumpsplaining is more important than truth so I get why you rushed to reply.

joshuaao, Amiga, malakas and 6 others like this.
  4. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

We'll put up a bigly wooden plaque on Trump Tower Istanbul of the names of our fallen brethren in the aftermath of Trump's genius wisdom decision making.

#24 London'sBurning, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Great clip... I like the soldiers lookin' at each other like "uhhhhh is he foreal?" lol.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please see the response already made to this post.

The Department of Defense doesn't care about what's more 'interesting'.

You were pointed out in be wrong. You were 100% shown to be off base with your 'fake news' claim.

Nook and justtxyank like this.
  7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

There must be some mistake. Trump said the US troops were leaving Syria. So how can they still in Syria for the Turkish army to attack? Gotta say that this all sounds like a whole bunch of Fake News.

Invisible Fan and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

9. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Exclusive: Military leader of Syrian Kurds tells US 'you are leaving us to be slaughtered'
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/12/poli...ilitary-operation/index.html?no-st=1570895312

The commander of the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces told a senior US diplomat, "You are leaving us to be slaughtered," demanding to know whether the US is going to do anything to protect Syrian Kurds as Turkey continues its military operation targeting America's Kurdish allies in Syria.

"You have given up on us. You are leaving us to be slaughtered," Gen. Mazloum Kobani Abdi told the Deputy Special Envoy to the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS, William Roebuck, in a meeting Thursday, according to an internal US government readout that has been obtained exclusively by CNN.
    "You are not willing to protect the people, but you do not want another force to come and protect us. You have sold us. This is immoral," Mazloum added.

He insisted the US either help stop the Turkish attack or allow the Syrian Democratic Forces to strike a deal with the Assad regime in Damascus and their Russian backers, allowing Russian warplanes to enforce a no-fly zone over northeast Syria, thereby denying Turkey the ability to carry out airstrikes.

"I need to know if you are capable of protecting my people, of stopping these bombs falling on us or not. I need to know, because if you're not, I need to make a deal with Russia and the regime now and invite their planes to protect this region," Mazloum said.

Turkey launched its long-threatened incursion into Syria after President Donald Trump ordered US troops to be pulled back from the border area. Before that, as a confidence building measure with Turkey, the US convinced Kurds to dismantle their defensive fortifications along the border and pull their fighters back. Turkey had pledged not to take military action.

Senior members of the Trump administration have insisted the US has not deserted the Syrian Kurds, however the US government has not taken action yet to stop the Turkish incursion.

Secretary of Defense Mark Esper said Friday the US is not abandoning its Kurdish allies, although he made it clear the US military will not intervene in the fight.

"We are not abandoning our Kurdish partner forces and US troops remain with them in other parts of Syria," Esper told reporters at the Pentagon.
    "We remain in close coordination with the Syrian Democratic Forces who helped us destroy the physical caliphate of ISIS, but I will not place American service members in the middle of a longstanding conflict between the Turks and the Kurds, this is not why we are in Syria," Esper said.

In an interview with The Tennessean on Friday, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the Trump administration "has been incredibly supportive of the Kurds" and that they had been good partners to the US. "I am very confident this administration will continue to support these people who have been good friends of the United States of America," he said.

Trump signed an executive order Friday giving the Treasury Department "very significant new sanctions authorities" against Turkey over its actions in Syria, but the US doesn't have any immediate plans to use them, Treasury Secretary Stephen Mnuchin said.

The Treasury statement had said that Trump's threat of sanctions was meant to dissuade Turkey from actions that included "the indiscriminate targeting of civilians, targeting of civilian infrastructure, targeting of ethnic or religious minorities."

Trump, who has a well-established affinity for authoritarian leaders, invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to the White House in November.
    Mazloum told Roebuck Thursday that "I've been holding myself for two days from going to the press and saying that America abandoned us and that I would like you to get out of our areas now so that I can invite Russian and regime planes to take over this airspace. Either you stop this bombing on our people now or move aside so we can let in the Russians."

Roebuck told Mazloum "not to take any immediate decisions," saying he would communicate the Kurdish leaders' messages to the State Department, and saying the US was working to stop Turkey's offensive and broker a ceasefire.

CNN has reached out to the State Department and White House on Saturday for comment.

Asked what message the US was communicating to the Kurdish-led SDF, the Chairman of the Joint chiefs of Staff, Gen. Mark Milley, said Friday that "we're encouraging them not to over-react at this point, and to try to tamp things down in order to allow some sort of diplomatic resolution to some of this."

Several US military and defense officials who have spoken to CNN expressed dismay over how the Trump administration has handled the situation.
    One US official said it is well known that some senior US military officials are livid at how the Kurds have been treated.

Another senior US defense official told CNN, "We are just watching the second largest Army in NATO attack one of our best counter-terrorism partners."

A US official familiar with the situation in Syria tells CNN there is growing concern that Turkey's operation in Syria has grown in ambition and that Ankara seeks to control an area stretching from the Iraq border all the way to areas in northwest Syria already under Turkish control -- an area inhabited mostly by Kurds and other minorities. Turkish officials had previously communicated to the US that the scope of the operation was narrower, focusing in the area where the now defunct US-Turkish safe zone was to be located.

The official said Friday's artillery strikes near US troops around Kobani are evidence Turkey is operating beyond the areas it had indicated to the US.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Amazing that anyone believes anything trump says...

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  12. justtxyank

Female secretary general of Future Syria Party was pulled from a car today, unarmed and executed.

Turkish media praised the execution.

Reports of indiscriminate artillery shelling of civilians and executions of kurds trying to flee. Videos all over the internet of children who have been maimed and murdered.

Tragedy.

Nook, cheke64, Hakeemtheking and 3 others like this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Trump doesn't p***y out with Red Lines.

This is full on cuckoldry.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

A pretty serious mistake after a lot of bluster from Trump about being in control and able to destroy the Turkish economy.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

More kids used in war. Meat shields and propaganda. Take your kids out of a war zone and don't go land grabbing?

And Turkish backed rebels were said to have carried out the killing. Not troops. So probably more terrorists killing the other terrorists' political figure.Similar to what terrorist kurds have been doing who have been ethnically cleansing land to take it.

The pro Kurdish propaganda is insane. Worse than North Korea these days. These are theives and terrorists... not heroes.

Also curious what Turkish media outlets have praised the killing? Most reporters don't go around praising killings in Turkey. They usually give the news free of clapping for things. Daily Huriyet? Sabah? Trt? Cnn Turk? Fox in Turkey?

#35 dachuda86, Oct 12, 2019
  16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Side notes... anyone hear about the discounted oil the kurds have been selling israel? I wonder how much is from Syrian poduction. I wonder if this affects them eh. Certainly explains why neocons like Lindsey graham and ben shapiro who suck off Israel for a living are losing their ****.

Also this is funny... people here are mad about us acting for saudi interests but then wanting us to do it for terrorist kurds and Israeli interests... Yeah funny how suddenly war for others is great all of a sudden. Wake up and stop being a neocon Cfs.

also then the kurds came out and claim they will go to syria for help. Tough ****. They had their chance and opted to try to land grab. Asaad will very likely just let them get mowed down at this point. Empty threat from terrorist scum.

#36 dachuda86, Oct 12, 2019
  17. Senator

Senator Member

Yawn... same old pretending everyone who puts you in your place is a fanatic Trump supporter.

No,I'm just a guy who can read.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/11/politics/turkey-artillery-fire-us-syria/index.html

18. justtxyank

YOu are posting the response from Turkey lol.

The Pentagon has said the opposite and claims that Turkey was told BEFORE the shelling that the US was there and that Turkey has told them to leave the positions and they refused.

Nook likes this.
  19. justtxyank

Pretty crazy that you are siding with Turkey here as they are rounding people up and executing them in the dirt.

Nook likes this.
  20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Crazy you are siding with terrorists who work against a NATO ally. I don't support the recent execution hit, but I certainly don't back down from my stance that the Kurds are land grabbing scum who ethnically cleansed the land they took. Ethnic cleansing is bad, and I don't support it. Supporting the Kurds is supporting this disgusting behavior. You do know these people aren't defending right? They stole the territory and are not "freedom fighters" like some want to portray them as. These are terror groups and they need to be removed from power. Turkey is doing the right thing and just because some actors who were not the official Turkish military killed a politician who was basically a terrorist as well, I am not backing down.

You go ahead and support an ethnic cleansing, communist movement that isn't representative of all Kurds. These are well-known terrorists and backing them was a mistake in the first place. They are no better than ISIS and you are angry like many right now because it is another chance to pile onto Trump about something. The Kurds never deserved help and helping them worked directly against our ally Turkey. I am shocked we still have a good relationship with them at all and they haven't kicked our troops out of their country and left NATO after we took sides against an enemy. The Kurds also mutilate female genitalia, this is common for them, and they went into areas that were not theirs and stole people's homes, And you and others want to defend these people. They deserve what they are getting. I feel bad for the children and women dragged into it, but they need to leave. It is not their country, and not their land, and they certainly don't have a claim to it. Syria does.

Turkey also is our true ally and deserves a chance to clear its southern flank for security reasons. They also need to resettle Syrians in that safe zone because the 3.6 million people that ISIS, Syria, and the Kurds displaced need, want, and deserve a home. Don't give me cheap emotional arguments about some execution and expect me to change my mind about the overall picture. You and many people are siding with the Kurds after seeing some under-aged female soldiers paraded around in the media and suddenly you feel sympathy. It is natural. You hear they are the good guys because we backed them (Please look at all the terror groups we've armed throughout history and you see this is false. IE Mujahideen). Well, sorry, in my book, people who use child soldiers and steal land, and ethnically cleanse are not the good guys.

By the way, do you support all the people the Kurds killed? They are no angels either. They didn't just target ISIS. They targeted native populations, including native Arab populations and of course the unfortunate Christian groups left in the area. The Turks are not perfect, but they definitely have the high ground on this operation and are our allies who deserve a chance to secure their border from a terror state popping up on their south. I do not buy the romantic spin being put on them. They are not freedom fighters. They are aggressors and Turkey is doing what is in the best interest of their security and the millions of people displaced by the terror groups along its border. As the second largest army in NATO, and essentially the tip of its spear in the Middle East, choosing Turkey over the Kurds is not only the right thing to do, but also the most pragmatic thing to do.

Sidenote and just general thoughts and opinions on it after years of following this issue:

The long-term objective of NATO was to essentially take the east side of the Euphrates, if I am not mistaken. This may have changed since long ago when I saw a presentation and map shown during the Obama Admin of this concept and essentially it looks like the Turks are going to install a new Syrian population and possibly a new government. Essentially an East and West Syria. This could all be chess moves to accomplish NATO objectives set out long ago and the Kurds have finally finished serving their purpose. Like pawns. The grand chessboard though is complex and hard to prove, but I have long predicted this day would come. I also predict NATO groups will continue to "bickering" but will continue to work together toward east and west Syria. One goal is clear from Trump's moves though... NATO ally Turkey is OK in his book and the oil fields are important. That's why US troops have been moved there. Essentially they are trying to keep Asaad from trying to get to the oil fields so he can't get back on his feet.

#40 dachuda86, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019