1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

F@#% Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Big Uns, Oct 11, 2019.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

But... but... but... CAMERAS!

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Well is clearly wasn't sign stealing of any kind, I was just putting that out there to the guy I was responding too.

Glasnow was tipping, he admitted it was obvious after the game.

3. the shark

the shark Member

Nobody was stealing the catchers signs.

It was pretty obvious in the first inning. Before Glasnow went into his windup, as he looked at the catcher, he either held his glove above the letters (which meant he was coming with heat) or when it was below the letters it was a curveball. If it was at the letters it wasn't so clear (they had to guess). Above or below it was obvious as heck and they were sitting on it.

This wasn't cheating it was Glasnow being a dumb a$$ and shame on the Rays pitching coach (and catcher) for not picking up on this.

4. Kornel87

Kornel87 Member

Lol you mean Warriors of baseball? But lowkey nothing in Houston is the 'Warriors' of anything. Houston is better.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I understand. I was just pointing that out to Girardi because he probably frequents this board. :)

6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

F*ck him, and f*ck the Yankees! From the genesis of our national pastime, baseball has had a long history of guys/teams doing whatever they can to get an an edge. It's the American way. Very representative. Over the years, a few things have been deemed unacceptable, and dealt with, but for the most part, it's survival of the fittest. JUST DON'T GET CAUGHT. That's always been the creed. Every team has the same technology, and you can bet your @ss, they're doing it.
    Anyway, it sounds just a tad disingenuous for JG to say a damn thing considering all the "edges" he had over there.The old script has been turned on it's head, and it's a beautiful thing. We can expect lots of crying like this. We're a dynasty in motion! (with all the perks..mental edge going in)

And, he's a lousy announcer!

7. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Well you know the old saying, if you are not cheating you are not trying...

8. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

lol.....yikes. I should have known where that video was going to go when a bald man walks around with no shirt on with the phone looking up....lmao.
    [​IMG]

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

cheating would require all the players and coaches to go along with it. I don't see any former Astros saying 'here is the cheating they did while I played for them'. I don't see Brian McCann or Carlos Beltran, people considered to be of high character, saying the Astros broke some unwritten rules when they played for them. Beltran even works for the Yankees right now, so he would totally spill the beans if knew about some sketchy behavior.

Sounds like silly complaining to me. Also why is this coming out after the Yankees fall behind in the series? Where were the articles after game 1 when it supposedly took place?