1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant to sign with the Nets (4 years, $164M)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 30, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

KD ain't lying. The knicks and knick fans are a joke. The only reason to go there is to be overpaid.

da_juice and BigggReddd like this.
  3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

God damn KD might be the biggest mental midget in the league. Perfect for Kyrie, they can sing the blues together for the next 4 years.

da_juice and GotGame15 like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL

slothy420 and da_juice like this.
  5. JW86

JW86 Member

I am really, truly, unequivocally, 100% done with this guy. No more feeling sorry for his injury, his insecurity etc. He deserves everything he gets from the media after this charade this off-season.

He has himself to blame for the bad image, the cup cake jokes, coming back too early and getting injured, IT’S ON YOU Kevin!

You caused your own demise, your falling out with OKC as a place that embraced you, your position with the Warriors and you will never be considered the best player unanimously.

Andre0087 and Jontro like this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

does kaytee even lift doe?

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kevin Durant Details Numerous Factors For Leaving Warriors

During an extensive interview on ESPN's First Take, Kevin Durant gave a detailed explanation of why he decided to leave the Golden State Warriors.

"I just felt like I needed a switch," said Durant. "I felt like a lot of stuff in Golden State had reared its head. It was just going to be the end no matter what, especially for that group. Shaun Livingston was retiring. Andre Iguodala was getting older. Our contracts were going to stifle the team and put us in a hole to get other players. It was just time to kind of separate."

Durant also spoke about how his confrontation with Draymond Green made his pending free agency a larger story than he thought it needed to be throughout the season.

Durant refuted the notion that he joined the Brooklyn Nets to try to win in a situation that is more difficult than the one he joined with the Warriors in 2016.

#207 J.R., Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kevin Durant Decided To Leave Warriors Halfway Through 18-19 Season

Kevin Durant was asked by Matt Barnes when he decided he would move on from the Golden State Warriors as a free agent in 2019.

"I knew just about the halfway point through the year," said Durant. "I could feel, you know, the separation between the two. Everybody was just waiting on me to make a decision on free agency -- coaches, to my teammates, to the media -- it's like January and I'm like, 'Yo, I'm just trying to hoop.'

"That's all I want to do is play basketball every day. I came in every single day and kept my head down. I ain't say much, I wasn't too excited about much, so my coaches and teammates thought something was wrong with me. But I was really focused on the end goal, which was to win the third championship in a row.

"My methods not be welcoming to other people, but it's just how I do things -- how I approach the game."

Durant made it clear the Brooklyn Nets were always the favorite.

“Not really. I looked at the Clippers. I took a peek at the Knicks through my due diligence but I really wanted to play for the black and white,” Durant said. “I liked the brand. Brooklyn was an up-and-coming city that needed some new flair. new basketball injection. Because being in Oklahome City, I knew what that was like, having a new franchise around. I was excited about hopefully doing something like that again in Brooklyn with a new team.”

Durant and Kyrie Irving had talked about playing together for quite some time.

“I’ve been having conversations with Kyrie for the last two years,” Durant said. “Not even about playing together, as just brothers. We didn’t plan on playing together. We played against each other in my second year with the Warriors and we had a mutual friend and we just bonded together and we bonded on life in general ... and basketball in general, that just formed over time.

“He didn’t like where his situation was at and me either in Golden State. And just to see how this will work. Let’s try it out. And DJ wanted to play with us and be that center for us that can hold it down and play for something really, play for a team that’s going somewhere and not just bouncing around the league. We knew he’d be a vital piece for us going forward, not just as a star, but being a good teammate. So it just worked out.”

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

tinman likes this.