1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Shep Smith out at Fox News

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Oct 11, 2019.

1. TheresTheDagger

Do you all understand the difference between a "NEWS ANCHOR" and OPINION JOURNALISM?

No, I guess you don't.

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Oh the irony...

(the hits just keep coming)

AleksandarN, ThatBoyNick and Newlin like this.
  3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The same was said about Megan Kelly. Im not happy he is out. He deserved to work in misery at Fox

MSM is a dying breed.

4. TheresTheDagger

Oh the deflection...

cml750 likes this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not Biased at all, just straight up facts which clashed with the biased OP portion of $$$$ making at Fox.

DD

Blatz, No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Shep Smith is a leftist liberal turd in the punchbowl -- good riddance -- I can't wait for his Mother Jones opinion pieces.

Rashmon, B-Bob, fchowd0311 and 4 others like this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Campaign Carl Cameron also gone said today that Fox is becoming a third world propaganda machine

9. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Do you have any examples of oped journalism bias aired on TV that displeased you as Fox viewer?

10. dmoneybangbang

Once he accurately reported Trump's inauguration crowd size, it was only a matter of time.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm going to try to be nice, but you really shocked me with that one. Clips showing examples of his "bias" as an anchor?

He was pretty old school. And I doubt he ends up at swill places like MSNBC or CNN. I could see him at a something like CBS or even a job with PBS someday.

Newlin, FranchiseBlade and da_juice like this.
  12. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Whether you like his personal political beliefs or not, Shep was clearly one of the best news anchors in the business, especially when it comes to reporting on crises and other major breaking news events. I wish him the best on whatever the future holds for him. He has a non-compete, so he won't be joining CNN/MSNBC/etc anytime soon. He likely also has NDAs. With that said, I think we haven't seen the last of Shep in TV news. He'll be back someday.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Have you considered that maybe Morey cares more about his job with the Rockets than speaking publicly about Hong Kong? Is that a problem?

The difference is Shep couldn’t do his job at Fox News without commenting on this corrupt president. Not really comparable situations.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. TheresTheDagger

Here's an example. He goes ON and ON about the "lies" told about the meeting at Trump tower. You can see his tone change and his rant goes on.

He's not stating facts in a lucid manner. He's not asking much in the way of questions of his guest. He talking like a pundit.

He certainly has a right to his OPINION, but this is not an OPINION show. It's supposed to be a news show and he does a lot of conjecture...one sided in this case. That's poor journalism for a news anchor IMHO.

Nook and B-Bob like this.
  15. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who do you consider a good anchor?

16. TheresTheDagger

Walter Cronkite.
    Howard K. Smith
    David Brinkley
    Peter Jennings
    Bernard Shaw
    Ted Koppel
    Brett Baier
    Lester Holt

Nook and B-Bob like this.
  17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with that list except for Baier

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. I think it is very clear that Morey cares more about his job than speaking out about HK. It's a rational decision and I don't blame him for it. I'm disappointed that he didn't seem to think through the repercussions of his actions. I admit my image of Morey was as a very thoughtful and calculating guy so it surprised me how quickly he backed down from a predictable reaction.

Granted banning the whole NBA might not have been predictable but certainly criticism of the Rockets with financial consequences should've been.

True Smith's job is to report the news and Trump is news but he does editorialize. I happen to agree with most of his editorials but that is opinion which he doesn't have to.

19. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

actual full blown stupidity.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He left because Fox is pure propaganda it is like Goebels and Nazi Germany level of stupid there these days.

DD

Newlin likes this.