1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things to do in Beijing (recommendations)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LosPollosHermanos, Oct 9, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kyoto I do recommend, Hokkaido island, Okinawa island.

Nook, Yung-T and Jontro like this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

wats up with hokkaido? i keep hearing its name. i heard it's good during spring season? i know of their little cheese cake.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Haha good nature. You will see snow monkeys in hot spring. I got to say hot spring is the best in Asia. Maybe I should do more of that.

(Onsen in local language). Never got to get out of Osaka and Tokyo plus Kyoto....but I read travel books.

They got lots of snow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakodate

[​IMG]

malakas, Yung-T and Jontro like this.
  4. VanityHalfBlack

Protest? Hahahaha

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Late November !

Jontro likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Well.... knowing @Jontro , he can likely give you the going rates and best girls/places to visit and stay.

I will tell you we went there 15 years ago and the red light district was exactly as we expected..... lots of moderately attractive women with fat English guys three times their age..... there are bars there, that you can order drinks and the girls drinks... even going no farther than that, it was memorable.... very surreal.

However, maybe 20 miles out outside of the red light area are beautiful and relaxing beaches that are well worth visiting. To me that was overall more rewarding that the city or the ample whores. After about 30 minutes the whores get really old and you have thugs in the cities too.

Jontro, Chamillionaire and Deckard like this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If you go the Wall as I assume you will. Make sure you pick a tour that is a further drive and more remote location from the city. The further you go the less tourists will be there. And I was told if you go to the closest one the wall is repaired like new and not in the state it truly is in.

Have fun. It’s an interesting place to check out.

8. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

wearing a T shirt with “free hongkong”

malakas likes this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

People plan entire vacations around the Marbury Museum of Natural History.

Jontro likes this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If you go to Japan, go to Nikko and the surrounding area. I've been there and it's simply stunning. You can reach it by high speed train from Tokyo.

This is Kegon Falls, which pours from a beautiful lake that has to be seen to be believed. These are different views of essentially the same place. Nikko itself is quite something to see. Fall is a great time to visit. The colors can be amazing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.