1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Vs. Rays ALDS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 4, 2019.

1. mightybosstone

This. So much this.

They have got to manufacture some runs early in the game. The first time through the batting order, if they can get 1-2 runs, they'll probably win. But they've done a terrible job of that so far. In this series, the first time through the order has manufactured one total run in four games. 1!!!! And it came on Altuve's solo shot in the blowout.

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but when I think back on the Astros' success from 2017, I remember them jumping on teams early in a lot of those games. They have to figure out how to do that again. Because even if they end up squeaking by Tampa Bay, they'll get destroyed by the Yankees if they can't put up any runs in the first 2-3 innings.

2. HTM

HTM Member

Hey, there is a certain nobility in a captain going down with his ship. It's an age old maritime tradition/custom. I won't knock it.

I'll be there tonight. I'll be anxious as hell the entire time but that's part of the fun.

whiskeyred likes this.
  3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

No strikeout. It happened first pitch of his first AB.

Swinging was decided while on deck :)

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Lol

Rock Block likes this.
  6. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Two road teams that won last night games are good teams, a few experts pick DC to win the first round, even win the second round. In tonight game, Astros should or will win the game. A chance for losing is quite small, no need to be too much nervous.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

8. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Quite small? Err. Glasnow, Snell, Morton. Others that are GOOD pitchers. We will have Cole. Great. Better than all. After that it is a HUGE drop off. This game is on the bats. They need to ambush glasnow and not look back. Everyone would then relax and once relaxed could go hang 11 or 12 runs on them.

everyday eddie likes this.
  9. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

10. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

Nobody wants the Astros to win more than me, but there is nothing I can do about it. I will yell at my TV if that helps (doesn't). I will hope for good results with my whole heart (that won't change things either). The only thing that will take the Astros to the ALCS.......the Astros. I know this, the Nats and the Birds have paved the way for a high percentage chance to win the Series. The Yanks are no cakewalk, but neither are the Rays. Just got to beat them both.

#3491 solid, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    everyday eddie likes this.
  12. SemisolidSnake

Cropped out of the left side of that picture: the Astros batters huddled together in a corner as Cole screams "WIN!" at them. (I wish.)

Houstunna likes this.
  13. soxfan01

soxfan01 Member

Just wanted to say good luck from a Red Sox fan. If Tampa takes this then the Yanks have a fast and easy road to the title. Astros are legit the only team that can stop the Yanks at this point. Rays, Cards, Nats have zero chance.

Good luck boys and girls, pulling for you guys tonight.

14. AstrosRockets1818

I cant even think today. It's like the Dodgers loss made this game even bigger and more explainable that it's even happening. wild.

whiskeyred and soxfan01 like this.
  15. SemisolidSnake

Appreciate the support. I rooted for you guys last year after you beat us. It's good that there are some things in sports that can bring everyone together. Such as wishing ill on the Dodgers and Yankees.

16. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Trying to get work done, pointless

17. soxfan01

soxfan01 Member

Lol, well said! I always say my two favorite teams are the Red Sox and anyone playing against the Yanks.

I'm Canadian and take a lot of heat from Jays fans for cheering for the Sox, and yet last year ppl were coming up to me telling me how they hoped the Sox would crush the yanks lol. The hatred for New York in Canada is beautiful. Lots of hate for Boston, but still not near as much.

I also really like Houston. If I could, I would have a statue of Verlander in my house but my wife refuses :(

18. Mattician

Mattician Member

Score early, please.

I have a feeling whoever scores first wins. Especially the Rays and their bullpen. They'll use as many arms as they can for matchups.

19. SemisolidSnake

Oh, man, a lot of people are selling their Verlander bobbleheads on eBay (not selling mine) if you want to get one and hide it from your wife. :D

soxfan01 likes this.
  20. soxfan01

soxfan01 Member

Lmao holy sh*t! I legit will buy one and post, I collect bobble heads (usually DC and Marvel) but this is going right on our dresser. I'll post her reaction too lol! Thanks for the link. Legit didn't even know it was a thing hahaha.