1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Defending freedom of speech is important, but you should know what happened then give a speech.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Emanon, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Emanon

Emanon Member

Obviously China'a gov is taking this as a chance to against US.
    I didn't say anyone is right or not. I just try to say why a stupid tweet thing becomes a national affair.

So many ppl post stupid things, why only this time. Now US and China is under trade war. A war between two countries with totally different societies.

Western call what in HK a protest, but Chinese and a lot of HK call it riots. Most ppl in China hate chaos because they suffered a lot from culture revolution to 1989 stuff. They support mainland's gov to calm down the riots but the mainland's gov could do nothing about it due to the policy. That's the origin why Chinese ppl dislike the riots, you can express yourself as you like, but do not bother other's daily life.

Then Morey came out. Rockets is kind of special in China as everyone here knows. For ppl it's like betrayed. Cruze post so many thing on China, no Chinese feel offended since that's his job. For Morey it's different. Ppl thought he should somehow understand how Chinese ppl feel. And some ppl thought Morey's wish is well. But unfortunately, after 24 hours, he didn't respond with his anti-violence, like explaining he just wish Hongkong well or something, just saying something that it's personal opinion. Everyone know it's personal opinion, and of course you can express it, but if it's not clarified, you have to take the consequence that the reaction may not as you supposed.

2. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

A MESSAGE FROM HONGKONGER

The CCP obviously has mounted a smear campaign worldwide to discredit the protestors. If you are interested in what really happened in Hong Kong, I strongly recommend you to spend 15 minutes to watch the 2 videos below.

The first one explains the origin of the protest. The second one explains how the protest went violent after the police colluded with thus to beat up protestors and journalists and did not arrest the thugs in July.

ECHKG, Yung-T, TheRedRanger and 4 others like this.
  3. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'll reiterate again, banning the NBA because one of its employee tweeted something Chinese people couldn't even read, no matter what the subject matter, is ridiculous.

The fact is China just thought the NBA would roll over. Just like Blizzard and all the other international brands before them. Chinese governments biggest mistake was misjudging NBA's popularity in America, and the fact that the NBA cant just fire Morey and denounce HK without domestic backlash.

All this moral stuff or you dont understand Hong Kong stuff is immaterial. It just boils down to China wanting to flex its muscles and make an example out of all those who oppose them, and they finally found someone who said no (at least up to now since things can always change if Silver gets too much pressure from his bosses).

4. Emanon

Emanon Member

Holy crap, still someone believe organ harvest. Not just Chinese brainwashed, you too.

dlite316 and thedopefiend like this.
  5. malakas

malakas Member

It's because we have access to the free internet and not just to CCP approved propaganda.

Yung-T and dmoneybangbang like this.
  6. Emanon

Emanon Member

I watched it not only from Youtube, but also from street.
    I know what happend.

dlite316 likes this.
  7. malakas

malakas Member

Where you there trying to find which neighbour to report to the stasi?

Yung-T, dmoneybangbang and CCity Zero like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Granny is strong as a bull. or a Rocket.

9. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Honestly there are only a couple thousands of these rioters left running around now. In time most of them will return to their normal life, a small number of them will probably become terrorists. I expect overall smaller scale of demonstrations but some over escalated violent incidents.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You knew very little, Hitler wrote in teh Journals, everyone hated the Jews and Communists, many could have taken his place but they never had his ambition, persistence and rhetorical work.

So many Germans were not actually brainwashed, they fell in love with him, followed him, so many reported out of their own volition!

And to compare them to a CF bball fan, that is even more madness.

I might believe you are better than this but I would not know.

#30 daywalker02, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    freyzhang and dlite316 like this.
  11. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I have read this view point from many others from your country. Are you saying that the US government is purposely inciting both the protesters(rioters) in HK as well as the general US population with propaganda? Is this why Yao is so upset?

I'm still trying to get to actual truth. I don't who to believe anymore. I'm still too ignorant on this topic to come to real conclusion.

#31 BaselineFade, Oct 9, 2019
  12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

In the US, we typically require at least 2 news stories by different outlets, even when our children are writing school reports. If you don’t have at least 2 sources from different parties, then you are considered a liar.

Yung-T and malakas like this.
  13. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

Get use to this and welcome to the freely ignorant land of America

14. Emanon

Emanon Member

Hi, I would like to explain to you with sincerity.

I start to be a Rocket fan from around 2005, 2 years after Yao join rockets. I base is a Chinese fan bbs, not here.
    Before my graduation, I thought I may come to US to continue my study so I register this account. However I went to Japan. So I just come here sometimes to view some discussion. Ph.D lif is so tough so I even didn't post any in the chinese fan base. But I always regards rockets something special.(actually I am even a fan of Morey....)
    However, this time, this stupid thing let me know rather than sports, there are so many different thoughts from US ppl and Chinese ppl.
    I am not to convince US ppl, I just want to show why Chinese ppl are angry.
    Know more is always better than know nothing.

P.S. Don't say I am brainwashed, be gentle. :)

15. malakas

malakas Member

Because you can determine the extend of brainwashing?

Almost everyone brainwashed thinks he "actually" is not.

The parallels with the CCP and NAZI are staggering.

A modern Holocaust with concetration camps against minority : check

Rampant brainwashing of the population : check

The facade of representing "the will of the people" without those people having the actual chance to fair representation : check

Yung-T likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I might believe you are better than this but going around a Bball sports forum to treat ppl like nazis lelz.

You accused that poster. Evidence. Even if you think the CCP are the nazis, CF posters are not.

I wouldn't know better.

First time.

dlite316 likes this.
  17. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

FYI - Chinese people have a better instinct to separate facts from opinions in a news story. We are always aware of the pile of bs information that surround us growing up. I suspect most people here are a lot more naive and manipulatable compared to China, when it comes to intentional falsehood and misinformation.

Case in point - remember how easily Putin managed mind ****ed your election a few years back?

18. malakas

malakas Member

I asked a question. Where is the accusation?

19. malakas

malakas Member

ohhh the Chinese people have SO MUCH better instict to find the truth and prevent being manipulated in elections..

TOO BAD that they can't prove this by actually having free elections.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    So no evidence whatsoever.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You crossed a line and you dun know about it.....incredible.

This would be like me accusing you to be in bed with a Greek tyrant....without any evidence.

Make it 20x worse.

Phrased within a question.

He just posted a Granny who helped clean up the streets and who is angry with the protestors, that was all.

Jesus.

#40 daywalker02, Oct 9, 2019
    dlite316 likes this.