1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now the Entire NBA is Banned

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ChillyPete32, Oct 8, 2019.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Totally off topic, but... a lot of people in the arts see the best art as arising in response to some sort of constraints, be they material, environmental, political, or whatever. Lot of interesting evidence to support this.

Okay, end of irrelevant post -- sorry!

don grahamleone and Yung-T like this.
  2. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I don't doubt that there are people that behave like this. But unfortunately, in the world we live in, money is power and power is money and most people will want that power. This is why everyone is working to get some lol.

3. malakas

malakas Member

Good. Thankfully you are the first chinese who can accept that not everyone has the same materialistic greedy mindset that is idealised in communist China nowadays.

And the NBA has spent years trying to build an image of being a "woke" league that has "core values" and supports equality and freedom.

They have a choice now.

Either become the laughingstock and the embarassment of america and continue to sleep with modern nazis, or show that they haven't been outright lying all these years and stand up for those ideals.

Yung-T likes this.
  4. Remlap

Remlap Member

Glad Silver did not bow to them.
    They can go back to watching Table Tennis and Badminton

Yung-T and malakas like this.
  5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lol @ China being butthurt over words. Jesus what a world we live in.

6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

More like Fra-Xi-lity, am I right?

7. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

ahhh...well the bright side of all this is we could be one step closer to getting rid of our Chinese-themed unis.......

tinman likes this.
  8. kanariya

kanariya Member

I bet Xi Jingping uses iPhone.

9. JW86

JW86 Member

True!

10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

11. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

If China simply said no trade with the US they would literally experience a vast deep localized depression. That is over $700 Billion and annual trade. The US mostly exports agriculture, oil products and steel which can be sold to other partners most of the time. Most of the products China exports are labor intensive and often complex - items the US is especially suited to purchase. Food, gas and steel are staples you can always sell. Televisions, speakers etc. are less so. The danger is a global recession might result from such an outcome.

MorningZippo likes this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They erasing Tmac?
    @Zboy
    They are gonna piss off lots of delusional fans over there

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

As an artist, I agree with this.

B-Bob likes this.
  14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Random... but I sign up for league pass every year. It's gone up, and I notice that, but still, this year I paid $199.

For $199, I get access to EVERY NBA game, except those on national tv. I can watch them live, I can watch them the next day, I can watch them a month later. In April I'll be able to watch a game from November if I want. I can watch Zion. I can watch Trae. I can watch RJ. I can watch Steph. I can watch Giannis. I can switch from one to the other pretty much instantaneously. Last night I watched bits of 3 games, plus the NBA TV game (via youtube tv). I didn't have to deal with pop-ups or searching around or whatever.

I can watch it on my phone. On my computer. On my ipad. And on my tvs.

And since my son is super into it as well, he can watch one game while I watch a different one for example.

While I certainly understand $199 is a lot of money, if basketball is basically your favorite form of entertainment - as it probably is mine at the end of the day - there are other ways for me to save $199 to spend on basketball.

Long story short, I think it's amazing value.

EDIT: And I might add, I usually only go to one or two NBA games a year, and because of that make it playoff games. Even with "bad" tickets, two of them cost me more than the $199 I'll pay for league pass. I don't think league pass is expensive. I think like anything else that can be "stolen" on the internet, those who do claim it's because the product is overpriced. Rather, it's because you don't want to pay for it and would rather steal it and for some reason think because it's on the internet and not really "traceable" to you, that it's not "really" theft, you're just kind of sticking it to the man or whatever. Surely, using the going to a game comparison, you wouldn't think it ok to print out fake tickets and try and get in??

#254 JayZ750, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    DaDakota and Chamillionaire like this.
  15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Mad respect for silver

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wow. That's powerful.
    I wish I could joke that it means a logo change is on the way.

Plowman, mikol13 and malakas like this.
  17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

To see a great work of the art described, click this link:

Oh wow it's only 5 bucks, grab your copy quick. :oops:

Os Trigonum and don grahamleone like this.
  18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

What did you write on the review? something about improving your sex life? That still cracks me up.

B-Bob, Os Trigonum and Yung-T like this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Kerr the most outspoken coach everyone loves to get a soundbite from with these political issues says nothing.

RocketJedi and don grahamleone like this.
  20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea my review is still up on the page, guess Amazon sees its professional value.

B-Bob and don grahamleone like this.