1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A letter from Joe Tsai

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jeffrey523, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Don’t waste you time arguing with morons.

Just a simple fact, the Chinese words of Freedom and Democracy were banned/censored in their biggest NBA fan forum and many other also.

That’s are you need to know.

Freedom and democracy are evil to them.

Hard_foul likes this.
  2. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

Anyone saying morey is wrong is blind and soft. To hell with China and their backwards thinking.

3. desperatewife

desperatewife Member

Today china is not what you imagined. Just google below. You will see what you said is wrong or rihgt
    自由 民主 site:hupu.com

4. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Sure I am moron, I just speaking facts. Just type Winnie the Pooh on Baidu and see what you get.
    Then again, your anti-China sentiment have overtaken your logic and critical thinkings so it is not even worth of talking to you.
    http://www.baidu.com/s?wd=WinniethePooh

5. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

There is no images of Winnie the Pooh in China and Chinese social networks? LOL sure, keep living in your imaginary world that fills with hatreds.
    http://www.baidu.com/s?wd=WinniethePooh

6. PeppermintCandy

Wow. Well if I am wrong I truly apologize to you. Bad info then.

So the Winnie the Pooh movie did open in China and it's available online?

Also, as a favor, would you try uploading this cute image of Xi/Pooh and Obama/Tigger on a Chinese social networking site and linking it here? It would really help to prove what you said and disprove what I've read.. :)

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2017/07/1...r-trnd/index.html?r=https://www.google.co.kr/

Nook likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

I feel bad for the Chinese on this site. They are like beaten women claiming their abusive husbands aren’t THAT bad.

8. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

So is the N word? Isn't that banned here in North America? There are certain things in other part of world that need be respected, not all cultures are the same.

Icepiano likes this.
  9. PeppermintCandy

Then you're going back on your statement "Winnie-the-Pooh is not even banned in China lol." Because it is?

So why not just admit it if it's the case? Why deny it and accuse people of hatred?

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Pretty much, or maybe their past husband beat them harder.

Honestly it's impressive China's stranglehold on public mindset has remained this strong 25 years into the internet.

Nook likes this.
  11. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

It's separate thing, I said Winnie the Pooh is not banned, but making fun of their president is banned.

Icepiano likes this.
  12. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Yeah they are about to collapse soon, just wait.

13. MasterZen

MasterZen Member

Inspirational Quotes By Martin Luther King Jr. About Speaking Up When It Matters

1. "The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict."
    2. "Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness."
    3. "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
    4. "If a man has not discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live."
    5. "A nation or civilization that continues to produce soft-minded men purchases its own spiritual death on the installment plan."
    6. "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    7. "Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'"
    8. "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
    9. "The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was: 'If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?' But... the good Samaritan reversed the question: 'If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?'"
    10. "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."
    11. "He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it."
    12. "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
    13. "Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will."
    14. "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
    15. "The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people."
    16. "There comes a time when silence is betrayal."
    17. "We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now."

This is true then and it is true now.

14. PeppermintCandy

Well if that's the case then, what is the reason for banning the WInnie the Pooh movie? It makes no reference to your president or even China, probably. Shouldn't that be available for purchase in your country? (If it is, I'd be interested to see that online page.)

And by your logic, you should be able to upload just the WInnie the Pooh and Tigger image, as long as a picture of Xi Jinping isn't posted alongside it. How about trying that and linking that page to us?

If neither is possible, then IMO it's not just any image making fun of the president that's banned, but also any image with the possibility of satirizing the president that can also be banned. And who is to say that that might not someday include the cover of A.A. Milne's original Pooh book and other images of Pooh you showed us on Baidu?

I think guilt by association or suggestion is a VERY slippery slope, and potentially an extremely dangerous power.

#294 PeppermintCandy, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    daywalker02 likes this.
  15. bmd

bmd Member

I don’t even know. I just know it pisses them off.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Honest answer. I would still like to dig doe.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, he is American and he knows Chinese history, not bad.

18. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

he knows history doesn't means he tell the truth .don't forget he is a business man .

19. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

indeed ,most of chinese will stand with CCP .even the CCP fvck them hard .

Nook likes this.
  20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Isn't that extremely bad in and of itself? Why should a president not be made fun of? People make insult Trump all the time in America.