1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Political threads in the GARM are out of control, where are the admins?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lovemachine2000, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Lovemachine2000

I understand the Daryl Morey tweet on Hong Kong and the ongoing blowback is huge news for the Rockets organization and its fans, but I think we need to draw a line on what is appropriate discussion in the GARM. A lot of treads and posts have gone far beyond discussing the Morey controversy and ventured solidly into broad anti-China and anti-Chinese speech. I've always understood that we leave politics out of the GARM, and I think the admins need to step up and uphold the rule.

nomiz1987, tuoxieman, jcf and 5 others like this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Maybe they are just enjoying Sunday morning w loved ones. But any of us can open a D&D thread about this and then direct traffic there.

cml750 likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know,
    someone mentioned Jordan and defenders WITHOUT MENTIONING VERNON MAXWELL

@Jontro
    that should be the first thread nuked and poster having his rights removed

Von Rafer likes this.
  4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

These threads are a prefect example of while most non-political forums ban political discussions. That and religious discussions.

tuoxieman, D-rock, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  5. chinese

chinese Member

There are plenty of bulletin boards for political none senses, where idiots and the smart fight each other to death.
    Don’t want the clutchfans becomes one of that.

Eomor, Easy, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  6. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Probably because this political topic directly involves are beloved GM possibly being axed in the next few days. Don't know about you, but I don't want that to happen. Doesn't mean you're wrong, but IMO it should be front page, clutchfans news.

Nook, lnchan, malakas and 2 others like this.
  7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

D&D be jelly

B-Bob likes this.
  8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

As i have said in the D n D, china can suck off.

Nook likes this.
  9. Lovemachine2000

I agree the discussion on Morey's HK controversy should be front page (not sure about the "beloved" epithet, Morey always had his share of detractors). What I object to is how far these discussions have been carried away from Morey, the Rockets, and the NBA. We are seeing a number of posters using this controversy as an excuse to openly engage in China-bashing and racially motivated taunting. This kind of behavior is not what the GARM is about.

10. Lovemachine2000

Exhibit A of the behavior I have a problem with.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

RayRay10 and cml750 like this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

China made it this way when they tried to come for Morey's job.

Nook and tinman like this.
  13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

one little dump tweet which doesnt even mean nothing, and this place goes ling ling. Man i will be back when this crap cools over.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Years ago I decided to avoid the D&D like avoiding the fire of hell. Now I remember why.

Seriously, when it comes to politics, people lose their mind.

In the GARM, we should be talking about whether it was appropriate for Morey to do that tweet and what the Rockets would or should do after that. Instead, it turns into whether we should hate China. Someone actually labeled me a commie. LOL

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Well someone should tell China not to come for someone's job over a deleted tweet.

Nook and malakas like this.
  16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

LMAO at OP’s attempt.

I know exactly what happened :

The biggest NBA fans site in China : Hupu had decided in addition to not to carry any Rockets games or news, they had closed the forum for the Rockets team.

LOL

That’s what you will get to live in a dictatorship country.

Go back to enjoy your censorship and don’t try to bring the same sh’t here.

kjayp, Nook, malakas and 1 other person like this.
  17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Someone should tell the league to send a unified message versus letting the Rockets/Morey take all the heat. While fans and members of 29 other teams can feel "sorry" for us while they take none of the blowback.

More people agree with the message and sentiment than disagree. People just want to watch their team win a championship and a potential Morey firing does not help in that regard.

Very few people here actually support the Chinese government and their bully tactics.

Nook, malakas and HP3 like this.
  18. Monkeychef02

Monkeychef02 Member

Just my opinion, but this has gone very political and the fate of our very good GM rests upon it.

19. Lovemachine2000

Judging by your poor English and your blind hatred of the Chinese people, I am 99% certain you are a Vietnamese refugee. So what is this "go back to your country" garbage? Don't you see the irony of your racism and xenophobia?

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Lol at the efforts but you know what?

That’s exactly what brainwashed people coming from mainland China will think and act, that’s how you like about profiling people and also openly spill out hatred and discrimination sh’t. Take a look at your social media like Weibo and Wechat, the proofs are everywhere, even your own piers will agree most of stuffs from Wechat are fake.

Nook likes this.