1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Astros Vs. Rays ALDS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 4, 2019.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

2. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Sorry. Senior brain fart. Meant Will Harris.

Houstunna likes this.
  3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I would not have brought out Osuna in 8th last night to go for 4 outs. I'd have had Harris try for 4 outs. Though, it is entirely possible Harris would have played like Osuna, and Osuna would have saved the day in that scenario.

Worse case would be a regular season like outing, Harris could have gotten last out in 8th, Osuna comes in the 9th because Astros don't trust him for 4 outs, Osuna gets in trouble in 9th like he did, and Astros don't have Harris available to save the day.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I agree except I wish they would have yanked early after he was throwing every other ball into the dirt. You knew he wasn't right. It's like he takes a line of coke before he has to pitch and it's only good for about 15 minutes.

arkoe likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Aside from probably Miley, these guys don’t have short leashes. We know hinch puts a ton of trust into his team and that’s a huge part of what’s gotten them to this point. They get the chance to figure it out. Sometimes it can get dicey but for the most part it still works out. I’m sure he still has a ton of confidence in osuna. We just shouldn’t expect him to try a 4 out outing any longer. Well especially for osuna. I don’t think they will. The osuna you typically get in a inning was the huge 3rd out with 2 on in scoring position after Cole had to leave. Not the 9th when all that time sitting became an underrated factor

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

What am I looking at here?

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The wheel barrow to carry Bregman's balls. Sam Cassell has the same model.

8. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Yandy Diaz made the final out of the 8th and was the winning run at the plate when Osuna struck him out on 3 pitches. For his career Diaz was 0-2 against Osuna and 0-1 against Harris. I think they preferred Osuna's slider against Diaz. He got him with fastball, slider, slider. Harris tends to leave his cutter up and away within the strikzone to right handed hitters. That was the location of the pitches that Diaz hit 2 home runs in the wild card game. The game was on the line in the 8th with 2 outs. I don't have a problem using the closer in that situation.

The idea that on the fly in the playoffs Hinch would switch the closer role to Harris for a 4 out save is laughable.

9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Were you sitting club level on the 3rd base line? There were two right behind us. They were super cool and really respectful of the Astros

10. Jay713

Jay713 Member

I bet this is true!

11. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Will Smith was awesome. Second time he’s smiled on a baseball field too.

12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Yep. If it weren’t for the ball-boys chair, maldy would have drove in tucker, then wed have momentum and broke it open.

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

We were behind the Astros dugout. I saw nobody around us. The few I saw were in the concourse. Not surprising but still odd for a playoff game.

14. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Haha, well we’re the favorites and for the most part they usually give us the credit we deserve. I don’t want ass kissing or anything but for fuucks sake we’re up 2-0. There is no moral victory in dropping the first two games to us. Everyone is just side rooting for the “scrappy underdog” so I guess I get it but let’s give Harris a little credit for coming in and being a nails hard ass shut down guy right there.

donkeypunch likes this.
  15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Gotcha. Yeah, they don't come out for home games so not surprising that they don't travel

BigM likes this.
  16. Elienator

Elienator Member

Agree with this. If I recall, he also had one clear strike called a ball and didn’t really get any close calls. After the first single, he stopped attacking hitters and tried to nibble too much. He wasn’t all that wild and he didn’t give up any big hits, Ithink he’ll be fine next time out.

17. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I mean they barely sell enough of their own tickets in Florida. I am sure there will be a ton of Astros fans in TB

BigM likes this.
  18. Rock Block

Supporting Member

Yea, MLBN, FS1, they all say that and it’s true but again, no moral victories going down 2-0 in a 5 game series

DreamShook likes this.
  19. Rock Block

Supporting Member

Usually no, playoffs maybe. Osuna had done it once in the regular season and it didn’t work out. Harris needs to stay as a set up and Osuna needs to close. He got a couple bad breaks last night otherwise he might’ve gotten out of that. Having said that he danced around a little last night and he got in trouble but he didn’t give up the big hit. When a runner is on he’s not nearly effective from the stretch and it showed again last night.

DreamShook likes this.
  20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Does Kyle Tucker need another year before he's comfortable with playoff games? Last season he looked like the stage was too big for him in mlb, and now he's comfortable with it. Now he looks over matched in the playoffs. Took some real bad swings last night.