1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Vs. Rays ALDS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 4, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

God damn I want Gerrit Cole to be an Astro for the rest of his career.

2. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I would trade Verlander if I got an offer for him, if it meant I could keep cole. Mainly bc I think verlander will always be remembered as a tiger and Cole would be associated as a Astro if he stayed. Ofcourse I would love to keep both

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  3. mick fry

mick fry Member

4. Buck Turgidson

Osuna has pitched in 68 games this year and has been asked to pitch more than 1 inning 4 times. He did it once last year and 4 times in '17. He did do it twice in the postseason last year and was great.

I'd just assume not try that again.

H-Town Info likes this.
  5. Jeremy Williams

Sorry, bad take.

6. Buck Turgidson

I love that a large part of the posts in this forum are talking about the offseason, who we can sign, who we can't, who we can trade, what prospects we can acquire via trade, and what the roster could look like in 2029. During the opening week of the postseason.

7. astros123

astros123 Member

Lol its always funny hearing people with stupid ideas as those. We're not trading either of Verlander/Tuve/Grinke.

I wouldnt be suprised if we packed Yuli/Reddick/Organization top 10 to a team like the white sox to unload payroll.

CheezeyBoy22, whiskeyred and Sajan like this.
  8. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

The games are only 4 hours long. Need something else to do the other 20 hours in the day.

raining threes and Sajan like this.
  9. HTown2017Champs

Trading him is way too much for clubhouse and fan reaction reasons, not to mention I wouldn't even entertain the thought, but, TBH, after his contract with us expires, I hope he comes home where he truly belongs. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE him and wish he could pitch for us 10 more years and be just as dominant, but as a fan of the sport, and MLB as a whole, it's only right for him to finish his career where it started, blossomed, and thrived for over a decade. Would be criminal for his Cooperstown hat to have anything but the Old English "D" on it. Greinke's hat, in all likelihood, will be blank (if he gets in, which I think he will). Cole is the only one who can realistically be an Astro.

No Worries likes this.
  10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Huge credit it to Osuna for getting that big K in the 8th, he did his job. His job was also to get 3 more outs in the 9th. Do your ****ing job and get those outs. Its the goddam playoffs. If we cant rely on him to do that, I gotta question that guys intensity. Quit ****ing around with your slider and walking dudes, pump in some fastballs that challenge batters when the bases are empty with a 3 run lead and maybe just maybe you dont leave a mess somebody else has to clean up.

Rodman23 likes this.
  11. dannah

dannah Member

Hmmmmm...

12. dannah

dannah Member

I think he swung the bat pretty well again...unlike good old George who has yet to look like a professional leadoff hitter

13. dannah

dannah Member

Cole threw 118 pitches, Snell threw 58 pitches :p I really enjoy reading the board when i wake up in the morning...

14. dannah

dannah Member

7 and 9 were our best hitters last night

raining threes and Plowman like this.
  15. dannah

dannah Member

Yet i think he was the player of the game...after Cole

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I'm glad Yordan has another multi-hit game but I do miss his dongers.

Tucker back to looking aloof. At least Reddick plays with intensity.

everyday eddie likes this.
  17. HatsForBats

HatsForBats Member

A tie with Harris.

raining threes likes this.
  18. HatsForBats

HatsForBats Member

I'd take the singles if Brantley and Springer could get on base more.

19. dannah

dannah Member

i am much more worried about George at this point...let's hope he is saving it for World Series MVP

20. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I am simply saying if I could pick, I would take Cole over Verlander. I am not suggesting Astros would trade verlander, I am just saying I would want to keep cole as my long term pitcher over any other pitcher. In a dream scenario if Verlander wants to pitch for Detroit to finish off the career and we could get out of the contract and use it to sign Cole, are you saying you would not do it
    Yah he looks lost with some of his swings and takes. I would rather him be bad at one (either taking bad swings or not swinging enough) but it seems like in any given bat he will either not swing at something he should swing at or he just stands there and takes a strike. Hopefully he is just over thinking and can calm down. If we get past this round we will need him against the yanks