1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Jordan had to face Vernon Maxwell (thread is for real Rockets fan ONLY)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Oct 5, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you hate the 90s and started a Jordan thread without mentioning Maxwell

DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT NOW

For the rest of you

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/story...ts-vernon-maxwell-they-couldnt-beat-us-032015

The Houston Rockets won two consecutive championships in 1994 and 1995. At a recent reunion event for those Rockets squads, microwave scoring machine Vernon Maxwell was asked about the matchup that never was, between Jordan’s Bulls and those Rockets, led by Hakeem Olajuwon.

"Google it," Maxwell said, when asked about the Finals we never got to see. "That’s what I tell everybody . . . they couldn’t beat us."

He reminds reporters that Houston went 5-1 against the Bulls during the years of their first three-peat. "The numbers don’t lie," Maxwell went on.

Plowman, BaselineFade, cml750 and 7 others like this.
  2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Flash a gun, attack a fan. Max was not playing.

3. tinman

Supporting Member

He played against the Bulls teams

The 90s were a tougher era, none of the millennials would survive one day in it

4. tinman

Supporting Member

5. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Tears in my eyes, brother.

tinman likes this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

you need to write to the media outlers breh. they're the ones who put asterisks on our championships. we're already converted here with the truth.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Yo this place has unpure fans
    We need to purify it first

8. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

If only Vernon wasn't such a hothead he could've sucked up his own ego and not quit on the team and we may have beaten seattle with him on the bench in 96.....The reason why I hated that bulls team so much is because they couldn't even admit we could beat them. At least Vernon can admit we didn't match up with seattle. And I love how he calls Jordan a 'Cat'....

Vernon was the heart and soul of our team. before we got him and then horry and cassell we were never a contender.....he was one of the most underrated players in the league who had ice in his veins. If only harden had those balls. Not many players are that great at defense with such clutch shooting. When he quit on that team it was like losing our captain. And can you believe it? we only paid san Antonio what? 25,000 for him? something like that. He was just as good as a first round pick and we got him for peanuts.

9. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

I'm a certified level 7 fan with over 300 confirmed watched games so with that being said I can say in full confidence Mad Max is the ****

tinman likes this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

Maxwell is pure

Game 7, 3 in Starks face.

One of the greatest moments in the world.

burlesk likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

I find that people who appreciate Vernon Maxwell are the purest human beings on this planet

burlesk likes this.
  12. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Gorgeous basketball.

tinman and BaselineFade like this.
  13. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

I always said Maxwell was Jordans toughest defender, but MJ said it was Dumars who was in the same division with the Pistons so they played against each other a lot more. I have a close friend who is a Bulls fan and he agrees it was Maxwell.

I go back a ways...any of you guys remember how Robert Reid defended Bird...the Bird Killer he was called

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member