1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cost estimate for snakes and alligators

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 1, 2019.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Nerve touched.

@TimCast

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It's pretty easy to be a cynic and dismiss everything as bullshit. The hard thing is to be able to discern and know when something has merit and when it doesn't.

DaDakota and R0ckets03 like this.
  3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I see you cut the first part of my comment because you can't handle the truth being pointed out.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Where do you get things you believe?

What are your news sources?

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Places like the ny times are fine. When they are not anonymously making **** up. Putting a name with your quote is important for obvious reasons. I trust no outlet 100% which is why good solid reporting is neccessary. I will entertain the quotes as being possible but I have to doubt them for the facts below:

- no attribution
    - 12 is a ridiculous number and not needed in this case and would be unlikely. Most people fear talking to reporters and fear losing their jobs.
    - NY Times is heavily slanted these days against Trump

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

@KingCheetah, you have been challenged, Colonel Jessup style!

KingCheetah and Invisible Fan like this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The writers are publishing a book about immigration and the article is a snippet of it. So it's not only the times but also the books publisher responsible for the writers sourcing.

It wasn't a one time thing. Trump kept on bringing up the issue when his advisors tried to skirt around it.

Nook likes this.
  8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

As I said before, he can't handle the truth. he cut off this part, conveniently:

Do you have any idea how unlikely it is to get 12 sources to risk their career over a mildly embarassing meeting? Don't ever be a reporter.... you will find it far harder than you are imagining.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So how do you know when they are making **** up?

Just when they say something negative about Trump?

What do you use to fact check when you think they are making stuff up?

The White House has been leaking like a sieve since 2016 and now people smell blood in the water 12 is definitely not ridiculous number.

No news source always or mostly put names to there sources what are you basing this off of what news are you comparing it to?

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I explained why the news is not credible. If you still have to ask then you didn't read. If a news source always says the negative about a person, do you really expect 'fair' and 'balanced' coverage? If a news outlet has sold its ethics for pandering left or right, then why the hell would I trust their ethical grand standing on other matters?

This isn't about Trump for me because I am largely indifferent to him. I care more about the media and the truth. For you it is about Trump because of a deep rooted hate that has been stoked and carefully caressed by left slanted outlets.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/03/opinion/trump-voters.html

lol look at this... in the wake of getting 12 anonymous sources from the government to go on record about their boss in the white house, which is unheard of, the NY Times is covering its ass and declaring their made up sources today.

Why the hell are they making up sources when they can get off their ass and actually go talk to people? Normal people would be happy to explain their opinions so why? Pathetic, not journalism, and a clear attempt to show themselves as "ethical" when making up sources. Yeah. Right.

But this outlet is sooooo old! Yeah, and it's on life support if this is what they're doing.

NY Times has reached its last days. I suspect it or the wallstreet journal will die soon. A matter of time but I would wage NY Times before Wall Street Journal any day.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm actually starting to feel sympathy for you because I'm starting to doubt you are playing a character because this requires a lot of dedication to not be sincere.

Just as a little hint here, read what it says at the very top under the "The New York Times" heading.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah I read it but they're still making up sources bro. That's the point you genius. That's why I said get off your ass. That means they are just being lazy as hell. I never said it was the same of passing off a fake source as real like they did in the 12 anonymous source wonder article. Just a tip... Maybe you should read more carefully before going full ******* on posters.

Hey, have you ever heard of Jayson Blair? Just curious. Not to say all reporters are as scummy as him, but the dude is notorious and worked at the NY Times. You should read up.

15. fchowd0311

I really feel sorry for you.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He knows when Trump and right-wing sources tell him to know.

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Go watch a movie called Shattered Glass.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Actually I distrust right wing sources too.... my whole argument is these outlets have slants. You must take that into account. Be careful... your partisan is showing.

19. fchowd0311

You distrust them yet regurgitate their talking points 7 days a week on the D&D.

What's more sad, is that most your sources you that aren't even print but YouTube right wing grift channels. You've posted plenty of YouTube videos so it's obvious what your sources you trust are.

#99 fchowd0311, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You don't trust them, but you've echoed and believed things that were false and came from right-wing sources.

Best of luck.