1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sharks @ Rockets 9/30/2019 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Mr. Space City

Harden and CP3 never had this chemistry.

74-8 season incoming

2. amaru

amaru Member

It’s most likely true. There are 4 guards in front of him and who will eat all the minutes.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Oh. I like that comparison. Clemons can be the next Puerto Rican JJ Barea.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  4. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

He's staying. They're gonna keep him on a two-way.

5. Audioout

Audioout Member

So what's our lineup going to look like?

1. Westbrook
    2. Harden
    3. Gordon
    4. PJ
    5. Capela
    6. Rivers
    7. Tyson
    8. Nene
    9. Sefalosha
    10. Green
    11. House
    12. Anderson (prob)
    13. ???

I know we want Clemons right now. We still have McLemore, Harenstein, Clark. That last spot probably goes to McLemore but I really like both Clemons and Harenstein...Not sure what to do.

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

we should cut nene or hartenstein

or give them the rest of the preseason to play it out.... clemons and maclemore included.

I wonder if nene is physically able to play, what about Tyson too ? Are we confident he can provide backup mins all season ?

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I don’t see hartenstein getting waived. He’s basically been in the system for a few years now. Seems like they like him.

Mazulis likes this.
  8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Blossomgame is definitely a goner. I doubt we let go of Gary. Isaiah also. Not only is he one of our few young prospects, Nene is already hurt and Tyson is old. We definitely don’t need 4 centres but Nene was the one that shouldn't have been kept.

I feel WB Harden EG PJ CC GGreen DHouse Rivers Tyson Nene IH Clark Thabo are locks. That’s 13.
    Because he’s a PF I feel Ryno will be prioritized over either Mclemore or Clemons, I’m assuming it would be Ryno and one of those two.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Hopefully Clemons can keep this up so we can trade him for harden.

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I know Anderson is a vet and he’s been around and he theoretically should be trust worthy but I’d like to see him like to see him play better in the pre season. I’d really consider cutting him if he keeps looking like he did tonight.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I know it's going to be real tough to make this roster, but Blossomgame played his ass off tonight. He's long and rangy and was killing it on the boards. Granted, it was against the worst professional basketball team I've ever seen, but still.

D-rock likes this.
  12. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

You guys are sleeping on Bennett. He's gonna take Ryno's spot if Ryno continues to suck.

13. Newlin

Newlin Member

Really hard to judge any of our players against this competition. Although, Anderson doesn't seem to fit on this team. I'll be disappointed if Anderson and Nene are taking spots that we could give to younger players.

14. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

McLemore looks like a lock.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Nene's contract is already looking like a finger in the ass unfortunately, a young guy is likely going to get cut because of that...

It was a joke :D still look strange Westbrook in on the team :)

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Makes sense to stash Clemons in the G league for now. Keep McLemore (NBA experience) and figure if Ryno is really trying to play or stay around the bench for veteran talk.

17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

its up to Murrayyy

18. Mr. Space City

Sending positive vibes to Ryan Anderson

RasaqBoi likes this.
  19. TilmanFinancialWindfall

That makes him even more Racist!!!

To David Chang, shopping at the 'ethnic' food aisle is racist.
    Others say it's convenient.

Tim Carman, The Washington Post

Published 9:42 am PDT, Monday, September 30, 2019

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/To-David-Chang-the-ethnic-food-aisle-is-14480040.php

The sting occurs whenever they walk down the "ethnic" food aisle, the section of the supermarket that, to some, plays out like a remnant of the Jim Crow era, when laws established separate facilities for African Americans in the post-Reconstruction South. Sometimes known as the "international" food aisle, or even "Asian" and "Latino" aisles, these rows can come across to the shoppers they seemingly target as de facto segregation, another kind of "separate but equal" policy that marginalized African Americans for generations.

"If you go to the ethnic food aisle, that is sort of the last bastion of racism that you can see in full daylight in retail America," David Chang, the man at the helm of the Momofuku empire, said on his podcast this summer. "It is something that's got to go."

All the foods in the ethnic food aisle are already accepted. So why do we even have them?" Chang asks. The aisles, he adds, are an echo of "1950s America, which was not a particularly good place to be, especially if you were Asian."

Perez can attest to the racist underpinnings of the first "ethnic" food aisles at supermarkets. As cities began to swell with immigrants from Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean, major supermarkets started to take an interest in Goya products, which had mainly been relegated to bodegas and other small grocers, he says. But supermarket managers assigned Goya the shelves in the rear of the store, by the back exit or near the warehouse doors.

"They didn't want the clientele in their stores," Perez says. Or at least in the part of the store trafficked by white shoppers. "David Chang was not off the mark."

20. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Is Clemons the next Isiah Thomas from the Celtics! Next on FIrst Take!