1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ukraine scandal Megathread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pence vs. Warren 2020. Did not see that coming in 2016.

peleincubus likes this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Blinders? You are one to talk. You constantly defend trump in this forum, repeating every absurd conspiracy theory that comes down the pike that excuses his behavior. You continue ignoring trump's blatant attack on our democracy in 2016, when he asked for and got help from Russia, something every national security agency in the country has said happened. Instead, you accept and repeat every effort by trump and his people to pretend that it never happened. That it is some kind of "hoax." Not a good look for you at all, in my humble opinion.

Now we have trump being caught trying to blackmail Ukraine into digging up "dirt" on the Biden's by manufacturing it, something they would have to do since our allies in Europe, Ukraine itself, and the IMF, among others, could find nothing that the Biden's did wrong. The blackmail attempt by trump is obvious, shown by trump putting a hold on nearly $400,000,000 in military aid to Ukraine, part of a package of aid agreed upon and promised by the United States government and funded by Congress. A hold on that aid that surprised everyone, including our military, our intelligence agencies, both Houses of Congress, our allies and, of course, Ukraine.

So what do you do? Essentially say that our allies, Ukraine itself, the IMF, and any other person or entity is corrupt and spewing lies about Mr trump. You repeat every excuse coming from the fellow and his closest supporters in an effort to defend him, instead of being outraged at what he has done and is doing. If you cared half as much about stopping what trump and his cohorts are doing to subvert our democracy as you do about defending trump's illegal efforts to remain in power, it would be a nice change. I'm not holding my breath that you will. It is very disappointing.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Invisible Fan, joshuaao and B-Bob like this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Deckard likes this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yeah his constant mentioning of 9/11 is what caused me to sour on the guy.

Frankly he kept using it as a cop out to avoid answering questions and I thought that was despicable

Anyone twisting 9/11 for their own personal gain is a grade A scumbag IMO . So , I hate his guts now

FranchiseBlade and Hakeemtheking like this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If Petaine could ruin his image anyone can

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The wheels really started coming off the Rudy train when he ran for president with that extremely bizarre strategy -- people got a close look at just how unprepared and clueless he had become. The laser focus on him showed his true abrasive character and not the thoughtful mayor during 9/11 that all the positive sound bites had created. Now he's just an old out of touch conspiracy theorist grasping for his last bit of power.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Word on the street is that it is advanced stage syphilis.

Signs and symptoms of late stage tertiary syphilis include:
    • difficulty coordinating muscle movements.
    • paralysis.
    • numbness.
    • gradual blindness.
    • dementia.
    Thoughts & prayers

9. Nook

Nook Member

China is a festering **** hole of totalitarianism and destruction of individual freedoms and self expression. They pick through the long dumped trash of the USA and Western Europe to find anything to improve their complete lack of self confidence, to prove so badly to the rest of the world their relevance and superiority like a child showing his mother he **** in the toilet like a big boy.

CometsWin likes this.
  10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Word on the street is he has applied for asylum in Italy.

No Worries likes this.
  11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I don't think you know what blackmail is nor are you presenting any evidence apart from parroting the same tired crap over and over. Ignore spin and look at facts. Black mail is not the issue btw. The issue was a possible quid pro quo and the evidence for it is garbage.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

He didn't say it on the transcript and the report that came out has errors. This is why I am more than Ok with an investigation. The evidence is weak. Not buying it yet. That is my position. I am very ok with truth coming to light on a us official. I just posted about Biden to prove how the bar for evidence shifts for the posters here because they are largely partisans.

how would you feel about this starting a new precedent where parties launch impeachment investigations before elections? Basically manipulating the election? The same thing they accuse trump of?

Also why wouldn't the president want to know more and investigate possible white house dealing and corruption? Do you think you can prove he asked about biden for the election? Are you a mind reader? Do you think running for office makes your past immune from legal inquiry and your son? Where is that a law? There is still much unanswered and even Nancy Pelosi said hey dems wait up for the facts.

#672 dachuda86, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    Silent_Bob likes this.
  13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I will take either one with a honey badger as VP over Trump. Seriously

Trump is so awful in my eyes I would take almost anyone over him except maybe Sara Palin. Otherwise gtfo the Whitehouse.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump admitted to reporters. You are ignoring that. Or you don't understand it.

Deckard, Hakeemtheking and dobro1229 like this.
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

link it.

I love how people are using the word admits... like it is a crime to look into corruption. He only said he discussed biden. That really isn't illegal in and of itself.

#675 dachuda86, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    Silent_Bob likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

My gosh republicans are flailing with "whataboutisms" to protect trump...

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The corruption being investigated was done two years before Biden's son was there. The investigation happened and Biden and his son were both cleared.

However, the President admits bringing up Biden again with the President while tying it to funding.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...s-he-can-t-be-100-percent-sure-trump-n1057561

What Trump admitted to doing was a crime. That is why he changed his tune after this came out. Whether or not you can face that cold hard truth, is up to you.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You are in denial.

"I put no pressure on [Ukraine] whatsoever. I could have. I think it would probably, possibly have been ok if I did. But I didn't. I didn't put any pressure on them whatsoever," Trump said Monday.

Is that your link of him admitting to it? lol

Silent_Bob likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You are a very dumb person or you are playing a shitck.

havoc1, adoo and jo mama like this.
  20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You are unemployed or a terrible worker for how often you post. And a jerk.

Silent_Bob likes this.