1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Well, like a Flat Earther you just choose to disagree with the experts. But I agree, Trump won't be removed from office.
    But it's the process that counts, relentless, everyday charges ratcheting up the pressure on the GOP. Country, Law or party?

And as it becomes villainized and marginalized, corporate money will drift away and jump on with the next power players.

An just as a bonus, the false information fronts will be more exposed as ridiculous in the face of mounting evidence when they try everything to counter facts.

JayGoogle likes this.
  2. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

The transcript was released today, I suggest you give it a read if you still dont understand.

3. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

The president wanting a foreign government to investigate a political opponent is not an impeachable offence?

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes it 100% is an impeachable offense.....

DD

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It was really a matter of time before Trump got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, but whether this will do more to galvanize his base or the other side, who knows. Ironically, it might hamstring Biden and Trump will wind up running against Warren, which is something he wants anyway.

JayGoogle likes this.
  6. DaDakota

His base is not big enough.

DD

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I decided to pop back in here for the first time in months. Glad to see the Trump nutters are still as shameless as ever at their gaslighting attempts. Carry on clowns.

CometsWin, RayRay10, joshuaao and 8 others like this.
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Don't you love farce?
    My fault, I fear
    I thought that you'd want what I want
    Sorry, my dear!
    But…
    Don't you love farce?
    My fault, I fear
    I thought that you'd want what I want
    Sorry, my dear!
    But where are the clowns
    Send in the clowns
    Don't bother, they're here

- Judy Collins

9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Silent_Bob likes this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Not for THIS one president, nosir.

11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Beginning an impeachment inquiry is like getting charged from a Grand Jury. You may or may not get convicted but the investigators are going to be all up in your ****

Do Russians understand the US Judicial system?

DaDakota likes this.
  12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Please tell me where he broke the law without selective editing.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's not going to help. Folks that support Trump won't read or will ignore or purposefully pretend to not understand things like that or Trump's own words, or the whistle-blower's statement, or the IG statement, or the Mueller report, or anything other documented evidence.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Technically the President is above the law. You can't charge a sitting President.

15. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

There was plenty to impeach on before September, specifically obstruction of justice and violations of emoluments. Nancy just didn't want to move on it.

Asking for assistance from a foreign state in election matters is a crime. Trump has already admitted as much and the White House's record (which is not a direct transcript of the 30 minute call, btw) already demonstrates that Trump asked the president of another nation to investigate his political rival. We haven't even seen the whistleblower report yet or a full transcript, if one exists.
    Quid pro quo and/or extortion is just extra, but even in this "rough transcript" we see some of that too.

If you're saying the senate will fail to convict, I agree, there is close to zero chance of that happening. Backlash could hurt the dems.
    But sometimes doing the right thing is more important than the politically expedient thing. I wish republican politicians and voters felt the same.

What's so great about this chump you gotta break your back carrying water for him?

RayRay10 and joshuaao like this.
  16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

yes. Mueller wanted Ukraine to keep four investigations open because he hoped it pertained to his probe. Ukraine said 'pass' so Dems urged them to keep the investigations open.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

At least we agree on that.

Has it ever crossed your mind that Trump is more than happy to watch people parade around Biden's corruption when they otherwise wouldn't be mentioning it? Especially when he is legally clean on this, more than likely. Biden is the real loser of this.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Yes he has... hence the bizarre effort at "whataboutism"...

20. DaDakota

He can't read.

DD