1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we sure Pelosi has the votes?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by biff17, Sep 23, 2019.

1. biff17

biff17 Member

I am sure Pelosi has wipped the votes and I would not be surprised if she is giving cover to a lot of House Members that impeachment is not polling well in their districts.

I have to wonder if she could comfortably get an impeachment vote through the house.

This is the reason single payer was killed under Obama.

Democrats are not monolithic.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, but they need to stop p***y footing around - if Trump deserves to be impeached, then IMPEACH him.....and put it on the Senate to kill it.....

If his call with the Ukraine was a stretch of power - then just tell the American people you have no choice BUT to impeach as he is abusing his power....
    DD

ryan_98 likes this.
  3. biff17

biff17 Member

I am not a false news guy but I have burned before on overblown stories.

let's get the transcript 1st.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, I think they should already be impeaching based upon Mueller basically saying he obstructed justice, or the Emoluments clause violations that he flaunts...

There is no doubt that Trump should be impeached......and there is no doubt that the spineless Senate won't follow through - doesn't matter - the House should do their job and Impeach him.

Stop playing politics and grow a backbone - it is the reason that Beto is surging - people are tired of the "Well, let's take some time to review and play fair" **** THAT - Al Franken resigned for doing nothing compared to President p***y grabber....

Stop playing nice, play to kick ass!

DD

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

There's plenty in the Mueller report to impeach Trump. Pelosi just needs to get it done. It's beyond time to do this and let Senate Republicans fall on their swords if they want.

FranchiseBlade and snowconeman22 like this.
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

its a real question

even if 60 percent of the US wants trump impeached, there are legislative obstacles .... and pushing too hard now could have impacts on the election

however if trump is not impeached and he wins again there is no way democrats would be able to remove him from office without a miracle. He'd have to do something like reeeeeallly ****ed up... or dems take back the senate by a landslide in 22. I dont think the math works for dems regaining the senate in 20.

this is the problem with political parties . Dems arent a monolith .... nor should they be, there are a wide range of voter interests they are supposed to represent. The problem comes when the other party does act like a monolith , even if they aren't exactly voting for their own beliefs/interests.

For as long as ive followed politics ( ~2004 , cut me some slack I'm young) it seems that the republicans are just better at it haha

The media is a confounding factor. You used to think it was controlled by liberals, now even if it is controlled by them its so distrusted that i dont know which direction it pulls things.

biff17 likes this.
  7. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

I can't believe I'm saying this, but at this point I'd rather the House democrats put it up and vote and fail, than to avoid it altogether.
    It's a little hypocritical to call the republican congress members cowards for not holding their leader to account; it's also cowardly of the dems to fear doing so out of expediency.
    They'd be laughed at for one or two news cycles if they failed, but we'd eventually move on to the next controversy/crisis.

If a full-blown impeachment inquiry begins, tho... then that consumes news cycles for the next 1.5 years.

Enough is enough.
    Pull the trigger.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Typical political posturing. You people vote on politicians who talk about what they are going to do, not what they will actually do.

9. dmoneybangbang

Spare me. Impeachment won't work and Pelosi knows it. Sometimes the right thing to do is fight another day. There will be plenty of time to bring up Trump's skimming, his quid pro quos, pilfering US taxpayers (even the military has to pay Trump), and other questionable actions to independent voters who will decide this election.

10. dmoneybangbang

Drop the impeachment talk at this point, just build up more and more ammo to use for 2020.

11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

No, I want to see the Democrats in Congress try to vote on impeachment.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

I know you want the Dems to do the right thing....

...but lose Spartacus.

13. mick fry

mick fry Member

Please do. The desperation has reached a fever pitch so now’s the time.

14. biff17

biff17 Member

Name the one charge you are basing the impeachment on?

what is thing he did that would be the center point of your case?

Silent_Bob likes this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Doing the right thing in spite of the polls will increase the numbers. Dragging your feet because of polls alone will only decrease the willingness to impeach.

Geez, lead already. Don't follow. Screw the polls. Do the right thing. People will respond favorably to strong leadership.

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Multiple counts of obstruction. If I would be allowed to have two, actively seeking the help of a foreign intelligence agency and working with that adversarial intelligence agency to try and damage a political opponent.

Moving outside of the Mueller report, we could go with Trump's own admittance that he discussed corruption and going after Joe Biden's kid while using financial aid as a carrot. There isn't enough on that one yet to go full force, but it is worth investigating while going forward on the other charges.

Swing states don't want whimps who are afraid to do the right thing.

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

You Spike Lee now?

ryan_98 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Would prefer impeachment. Trump is losing in 2020 either way. He's the trashy man's President.

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I wish. That was a great movie.

20. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I've got this one.

He beat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election. And then as president he dismantled the legacy of the Democrat left messiah Barack Obama.

Silent_Bob likes this.