1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

My CGC Comic book unboxing video

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by got em COACH, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Ha, it's this one :

[​IMG]

got em COACH likes this.
  2. PhiSlammaJamma

Warlock has gained a lot of traction on film with almost no screen time. If the comic value is already pumping seems like there is good chance he goes next level soon and your comic too.... if he can get on screen. I'm interested in his story, so think everyone else will be too. Great comic.

got em COACH likes this.
  3. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Nice!!! You need his first appearance cameo to pair up with his first full appearance. You got the sought after gem

[​IMG]

Here's your marvel premier #1 9.6 GPA value. Not bad for $195 investment huh?

[​IMG]

Was it 2012 you bought it? Was it on eBay? There's another low sale of 178 back in 2003 that was collected.

$295 high price and $201 low price for a 9.6 back in 2012. 7 years later it is now worth $1823 on a 90 day gpa. That graph charts will only go up even more when he premier in the MCU.

[​IMG]

Thanks to guardian of the Galaxy 2 post end credit. We will definitely see him in the MCU. Perfect time to buy

#43 got em COACH, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Those are some sweet books, man! I have nothing that good but I do have a few I should send in for value.

Reminds me of when I was first reading The Walking Dead when it was in it's mid-20s. I looked up buying it and it was going for around $180 due to rarity. I thought that was too pricey and passed. Now it's pushing $3,000. Not that I would ever sell my comics- they sit in their boxes in a closet as they should, never to be seen again. :D

1111 and got em COACH like this.
  5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

There are I believe 3500+ 9.8s. I plan to keep it since it has been my house through Ike and Harvey unless I'm forced to sell it.

got em COACH likes this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I noticed that it seemed like GPA didn't list the purchase the other day (I renewed my subscription to it after this thread... thx. lol). It's actually the "Lo" price for 2012 ... the $201. But I actually paid $195. I'm guessing they added a 3% consignment premium to the price (mycomicshop.com/Lonestar Comics usually does) when it was reported, so technically paid $201'ish, I guess.

Back around 2011, I bought a lot of various items for fun more than as a collector. Like I bought the Infinity War series for $1.70 or so per issue just to read. Each issue is probably around $20-$30 now. Same with the Infinity Crusade series. I love stuff dealing with "cosmic" storylines and bought a ton of crap that had Galactus in it over the past few years. Of course, I always looked at FF #48, and wanted it bad, but never pulled the trigger because even back then it cost a lot.

Do you buy most of your stuff through auctions or just straight from a store's inventory?

got em COACH likes this.
  7. got em COACH

Actually all my books are won through raffle. If you're interested. PM me

3 books unboxing incoming tomorrow. Will share the link. Please sub and like. Thank you all

8. got em COACH

Here it is! 4 books with the GPA Value in the description box if you guys are curious. Also added first appearance screen shot of the comic strip to the video. Slowly improving. Enjoy!

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

^^^ Nice! Another comic I thought about buying when it was much cheaper but never did was AS #300. :(

conquistador#11 and got em COACH like this.
  10. got em COACH

New book Alert!

Price value is in the description box

11. got em COACH

2nd hulk 181 unbox

12. got em COACH

13. got em COACH

Incredible Hulk 181 is about to sky rocket!!!!!?

https://cosmicbook.news/wolverine-vs-hulk-movie-rumored-mcu

14. got em COACH

15. got em COACH

Golden age comic. It's a shame its not worth as much as other marvel books on the market. Today's pop culture is all Marvel. From deadpool cosplay to spiderman kid's t shirt to iron man sippy cup is all you ever see nowadays. Doesn't help when the happiest place on earth (Disney) have marvel theme park to create younger generation of fans. DCEU need to take notes from MCU and slowly introduce all Justice league members

#55 got em COACH, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  16. got em COACH

Results from clean and press

Xerobull likes this.
  17. PhiSlammaJamma

Over the long term, Superman will always win in the comic universe, because those comics started it all. Those are the best buys. They look and feel like relics from a different era. They are. And that's always going to draw interest. And one day, the movies will catch up. You have a nice cover, and even if only worth 2k, still, people will be drawn to it. I don't normally like low grade, however, the patina actually helps it in this case giving it more character for the long term.

#57 PhiSlammaJamma, Oct 21, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    got em COACH likes this.
  18. got em COACH

M
    My thoughts exactly. My favorite Superman cover that is affordable atm in low grade are #3 where he is stopping a train with one kid in his arm and #6 where he is standing proud. Golden age book imo are long term investment also. Sooner or later. People will go after DC relic when they are tired of marvel. It's a nice display for sure because of the rich history

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm a Marvel fan for life. :D I'm not really a fan of the movies, but it's the movies that are really driving much of the price appreciation. Until DC can crack that code, Marvel heroes are going to be in huge demand. My "hatred" for DC is more of a thing I had since I was a kid. I don't hate the company, I just never gravitated to their heroes. Superman was too generic and "old", Batman was corny and then they turned him into some emo underwear ranger, and the rest of them like Green Lantern, Aquaman, etc. were just too corny, too. Oddly enough, after entering all my comics into a database, I did recently notice I had a Super Friends #7 CGC 9.8. I had completely forgotten I had bought that years ago. I just bought it on a whim almost 10 years ago for $32.

Not sure I mentioned this, but I recently found out CBCS moved their headquarters/grading offices from Florida to Dallas. Kind of pissed that it wasn't CGC. I've got a few I need to get slabbed that I could've just dropped stuff off at their offices without worrying about shipping.

got em COACH likes this.
  20. got em COACH

Fair Market value for that is around 700. Great investment for only $32. Link below

https://comics.gocollect.com/guide/view/137953