1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Long distance relationships

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LouisHTown, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

SemisolidSnake likes this.
  2. biff17

biff17 Member

This man knows of what he speaks.

100% this.

3. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Been in two long distance relationships in the past. One of them 400 miles away... in the same State. I was fooling myself thinking the second one will be different. That's just me though. I don't do so well in keeping up with all my relationships (SO, friends, family) when they are far away, physically.

4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm in a long distance relationship right now and I love it. Very different circumstances though.

My wife and I have been together since 1992, married since 99. She and my adult kids live in Webster now and I live in my van in the far NW Austin area. She gets my financial support and I get freedom to do whatever I want to do. I go visit when I want, I leave when I want, I'm typing this from La Jolla CA and she couldn't care less where I am, what I'm doing, or who I'm with. We're at different places in our lives and that's OK. As long as we're both happy then that's all that matters.

That's the real message here. You'll have to find a way where you are both happy, either long distance, or close together, it makes no difference. If you aren't both happy, regardless of the circumstances, it will eventually fail.

5. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Bump. I went on my third date with this girl last night and there are super fireworks there. We have the same personality, sense of humor, and views on life. I've never met someone I've had such an instant connection with...we're already saying really cheesy things to each other and telling our friends about each other.

We both live in Little Rock now but she recently accepted a job offer in Austin because she hates her current job (and Arkansas). I'm torn because her last day of work here is December 20th, giving us a three-month window of dating. If I decided to follow her I would have to make a huge commitment and apply to take the Texas bar exam (offered in February and July each year). Lots of factors to consider and I'm not sure what to do!

#45 Jayzers_100, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    FranchiseBlade and mikol13 like this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are definite hassles. I get it, and those kinds of hassles are some of the most annoying kind (at least for me). But once they are done you will be living in Austin Texas which is a good thing. You may also be with someone with whom you enjoy spending time. Just make sure that if something happens and you end up breaking up, you won't resent her for making you move there. If that would be an issue, then don't consider it.

Jayzers_100 and Yung-T like this.