1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas needs to get with the times and be more progressive

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by donkeypunch, Sep 20, 2019.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

https://kutv.com/news/local/women-c...s-in-utah-5-other-states-after-federal-ruling

2. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

But what about the children?

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

There should be a weight limit in my opinion.

IBTL, buffalobills!!!, gatsby and 6 others like this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I thought topless bans were a health code for the prevention of blue balls.

rockbox and Jontro like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Yep, people need to be careful what they wish for.

B-Bob and Sajan like this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's legal here, certainly in Austin, Texas. I mentioned this somewhere in Hangout before, but will happily mention it again.

A couple of years ago, a tall, blonde woman, 20-something, striking and with a spectacular figure, spent several weeks walking up and down West 6th. Topless, wearing some cute little shorts and some high top tennis shoes. She walked from the corner of Brazos and W. 6th, just before the Driskill Hotel, a few blocks down 6th on one sidewalk, crossed the street, and then walked back up. The pub where I play trivia every week is on 6th and she would walk right past it. We made sure to sit by the window, which is open when the weather is nice. The cops left her alone. After weeks of watching her (I don't know if she only did it the evening when we play, but she was there when we did), my curiosity got the better of me. During a break, I went out and introduced myself, told her why I was on 6th, and asked her, if she didn't mind, if she would tell me the reason she was doing it. It was obvious to me, but I wanted confirmation. It was a political statement expressing equal rights for women. Guys can walk around without a shirt on in public, so why not a woman? I said, "Far out! My significant other and I are both feminists, who used to go skinny dipping at Paleface Park back in the day. She would lay in the sun at Barton Springs Pool topless, which used to be common. You certainly have my support." I shook her hand and went back in to finish my Harp.

rockbox likes this.
  7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Are you sure you weren't drunk and that was Leslie?

donkeypunch and Deckard like this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nope. Wasn't drunk, and since I once shook Leslie's hand, as well, I can assure you that it wasn't the late Austin icon. :)

9. likestohypeguy

I bet they still do the same old "Ahem my eyes are up here" routine like that.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  10. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

@Deckard...pics (for the archives...thank you Fifth Element) or it didn't happen.

Deckard likes this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Didn't take any. It would have been impolite! ;-)

boomboom likes this.
  12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

If topless was common, no one would care much, on par with topless men except you get more shapes and sizes. It's the taboo that makes it fun. I mean the reality is they just floppy glands for feeding babies if you don't sexualize them.

I've read they are sexual because they resemble butt cracks that are closer to the sexy sex. We should worship women's butt cracks.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I would probably prefer having nobody topless versus everybody topless, TBH. Most people are just not very easy on the eyes and clothes are a saving grace.

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'm reading a book s
    There's something to this. I'm reading a book series where the women cover up their left 'safe hand' and only use their right 'free hand'. The wealthy ladies have sleeves that are longer on the left, and the poor women all wear gloves. In the few scenes where their hands get uncovered, it's like a boob popping out from the male character's point of view.

elrond likes this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's nothing they haven't seen and fed on before.

Deckard likes this.
  16. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Seems to be the closest thread for this:

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/0...00349988&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

New voter registrations plummeted during the pandemic in Texas, where you can’t register online
    Groups on both sides of the aisle say it's harder to register voters when you can't go door to door and big public events are canceled. Registration was down 24% in the first seven months of this year, compared with the same period in 2016.

More at the link above

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Don't think this is the right place bro. I want to say something, but I can't since we are in the "Hangout" :(.

Deckard likes this.
  18. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Registration to vote has NOTHING to do with showing boobies in public! Keep to the OP topic! Moar bewbs plez!

Deckard and donkeypunch like this.
  19. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Whoops...my fault...guess that happens when you use the search and don't realize where you're at. Sorry everyone

Deckard, ElPigto and boomboom like this.
  20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Wrong Thread. Wrong Forum.
    You know this.