1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Long distance relationships

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LouisHTown, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Just don't hook up with someone else, or one day, you both wake up in a detention cell with a rag over your heads.

2. LouisHTown

LouisHTown Member

Good question! Actually she’s best friends with my friends wife so we knew about one another before we met kind of thing. Always wanted to meet her just never did. She’s even better in person.

3. LouisHTown

LouisHTown Member

Yes. It’s extremely hard. She doesn’t even need any financial support and that is what makes me
    Even more attracted to her. I’ve usuallt dated women who want to empty out my pockets just because they think I have to “treat them”. I’m sick of gold diggers.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

What’s super soaker mean in this context???

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Where in Florida?

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Before we married, my girlfriend moved out of the country for awhile and she came back because of the relationship. But, that was a relationship that was already started and we actually knew each other and stuff. I don't understand trying to start a relationship from so far away. Geographic proximity is a key ingredient to true love. Just find somebody closer.

7. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're assuming that they actually spoke to each other....

Space Ghost likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

It is important to bond over common goals and fantasies together.
    Perhaps plan out naughty crimes you will do together when you all see each other in person. Maybe something as simple as a burglary of a nosy neighbor that you know has valuables.Perhaps the planned abduction of an attractive teenager you and her could share in your padded garage.

Either way, make sure you all do stuff together and plan together.... that will ensure the time apart isn't too difficult.

9. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nev-Schulman-920x584.jpg
    And then prepare to get a call from this guy wanting a face to face meeting with you and your "girlfriend".

10. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

An established relationship that turns into a LDR has a much better chance of success than a brand new relationship.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Chemistry still trumps everything, especially when he already knows and likes her.

My brother met his gf on a dating site and they've been together for 10+yrs and married for a while now, it can definitely work if you find the right person and both are dedicated to making it work.

That said, I'd not do it myself and agree that it's better to date someone in close proximity, but we can't really judge when we don't know how deeply op feels for the girl.

AroundTheWorld and mikol13 like this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Fly there for a nice three day weekend... enjoy yourself fully. Do this until you get tired of it. If you don't plan on regularly flying there and her vise versa, then don't bother. Also expect this to crash and burn.

Also if this sounds expensive... it is. Go find a closer local girl and enjoy your money. Think of all the stuff you could buy and how easier it is when she's in town. If you or her won't relocate and you want something serious, then don't ****ing bother.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly what it sounds like..

Nook likes this.
  15. PhiSlammaJamma

If you date via a wormhole, is it a long distance or short distance situation.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Images from Pollos and gf hot&steamy action (nsfw):
    [​IMG]

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Enjoy the ride, but when the train jumps the tracks - it will be expected.

DD

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If you get to the point where you can't imagine life without her, do what you must to try and make it happen. If you don't, you have to live with that decision the rest of your life. Go see her to get a better sense of how you are together, how she feels about you. Imagination is one thing, and can take over if you aren't careful. Reality is what you have to come to grips with. Both of you have to figure out just what that reality is.

mikol13 likes this.
  19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

the only way i believe LDRs work is if one (or both) partners are only long distance for a set duration of time (school, contract job etc) and also if the two people were together prior to the LDR portion. Trying to start a relationship that is long distance or start seeing someone and then a month or two later they are far away never has seemed to work in my opinion.

20. SemisolidSnake

I know plenty of people who have made it work, including myself. When you find a person that works for you, it's silly to just say, oh well, the logistics are too complicated, so I guess I'll hope I find a suitable replacement nearby. The world is big and connected, and we have options, and also we're terrible at getting to know the people in our vicinity as a society, so I certainly don't consider that to be a better option.

Ultimately, though, you need to be together in person. That's got to eventually happen. But it doesn't mean you can't build a relationship long distance in the meantime until it works out to be in the same place. The key is that you've got to see each in person during that time as well. Also, you need to make sure that she's on board with wanting a relationship. That's probably a good first step.:D But if she is, there's no reason it can't be made to work.

Speaking from personal experience, I met my now-ex-but-still-best-friend-and-hopefully-some-day-not-ex online through the Adult Swim anime message boards, and we were just friends for a while online, then we started chatting in a group on AIM every night, and eventually I started meeting some of these people in person. She's in upstate NY. I met her, and we had a very good time with each other, and I got kind of the feels about this, and I resolved to keep the lines of communication open even though I'm terrible about that normally. We chatted on AIM every night and got to know each other better, and eventually I worked out another chance about five months later to see her again, and I took the chance of saying how I felt, and it turns out she felt the same way. And we were really confused, because what the hell do we do now? But we said let's give this a shot.

And then for the next two years, I spent a lot of time traveling up to see her or meet her in the middle of the country and sometimes she'd come down and visit me. I'd say we saw each other at least every two months. Eventually, she took the risk of moving down here, which logically made more sense for everyone. She stayed with me and my parents for a while while looking for a job, and eventually got a job (at my company, but that's another story), and she's been down here ever since. Now, we're no longer together, but that has nothing to do with the long distance thing. It took determination to carve out time to make those trips, but it was what we needed to do, and we eventually made it a non-long-distance relationship that lasted for another 6 years.

You can make it work if you're both on board and you throw away the notion that long-distance relationships are inherently broken. That's up to you and her.

TheRealist137 and Nook like this.