1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[POLL] Do you think Kavanaugh is a sex offender?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Do you think Kavanaugh is a sex offender?

1. Yes

50.9%
  2. No

33.5%
  3. Waiting for testimony

19.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Esp when they have the complexion for the protection

Rocket River

B-Bob likes this.
  2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

He believed the russia stuff too. The dems know how to manipulate their base. They never pause and reflect after being mislead.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I've gotta call whataboutism here Juan. I don't know why recently everything seems to be a both sides argument. Sometimes we try way too hard to come off as objective to the point where it makes the dialog go off track. It's like blaming Democrats for an NFL Kneeling story on FoxNews.

I've tried to call attention to this the past day or so. The Kavanaugh fight is really one-sided at this point. That fight that is stoked to benefit the culture war that fuels the right. The NYT brought this story back, and of course liberals & democratic lawmakers have an opinion on Kavanaugh's fitness to serve as SCOTUS & the way most people on the left feel about the way the hearing "investigation" was handled to make sure the allegations were properly investigated & how we feel about how he was jammed through in order to get a SCOTUS through in a short timeline before the mid-terms for political power instead of just nominating a solid candidate. How I and other feel isn't some new revelation & isn't about scoring political points. The fact is Kavanaugh is a stain on the court, and it would make sense to remove him, but nobody I know is actively making this a major political agenda item. It just is what it is.

If you want to criticize the NYT fine... but presenting this as a Democratic party tactic to score political points is not accurate IMO. The NYT and the Democratic Party are not aligned obviously and I don't know why so many fall for the trap of the right of conflating them. Its a right wing trap that many fall for which is frustrating. Kavanaugh fight 2.0 only benefits Trump & the right who obviously relish the culture war (see Texx, Mick, Talv. comments).

If you review the comments here of the past 24 hours, its obvious that this is the case on the other side who know the raw politics of the culture war & MeToo injustices they see. I encourage everyone here to not take the bait.

I get you want to be objective Juan, and respect that, but lets just take a step back a second sometimes & see the game for what it is.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Found a picture of Republicans.

[​IMG]
    DD

Rocket River likes this.
  5. dobro1229

Thanks for bring back Russia Tallanvor. I too am still not okay with Trump lying to YOU (one of his most loyal followers) and other voters about dealing directly with the Kremlin through his attorney to build Trump Tower Moscow.

Good to keep in mind how Trump lied to you that he had no deals in Russia. Appreciate you bringing that back up.

Here's the letter of intent via PDF:

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2018/images/12/18/attachment.1.pdf

#705 dobro1229, Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    B-Bob and JuanValdez like this.
  6. DaDakota

Or that he actually took Russian money through the NRA - or that his son met with Russian officials and colluded with them. (not illegal - just not ethical).

DD

Rocket River likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Again, why weren't these credible allegations investigated?

Sen. Chris Coons told FBI last year about Kavanaugh allegation in NYT
    https://www.axios.com/brett-kavanau...fbi-e27e61e8-46cb-4980-97f8-d7199a7635e8.html

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. dobro1229

We have to be better about not letting Trump fans simply get away with the ignorant comments about Trump/Russia because THEY CHOOSE to live in denial because they feel and are told by FoxNews etc. that for some reason Trump is off the hook now simply because Trump didn't arrest himself.

Legal or not what Trump did was wrong & unpatriotic. Legality be damned. I won't apologize for following the Russia investigation & having continued concerns about this president being compromised due to his financial liabilities.

B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. DaDakota

Not to mention clear obstruction.

The guy is a crook, if you support Trump you lack integrity.

DD

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

@dobro1229 , I was actually thinking much more about Kamala Haris, who I heard on the radio this morning, than about the NYT, who published over the weekend when I wasn't paying attention. Kamala Harris was saying he should be impeached, that he's never been properly investigated. And I agree with her that he's never been properly investigated. But, he will never be. Maybe the right committee in the House can do some investigations that can inform charges of impeachment that Harris might some day be able to consider as a Senator. But the House can't investigate like the FBI can, and the FBI won't be doing it. They can just collect testimony from witnesses. Ford was as good a witness as you could ask for, and we saw how that turned out. He's a stain on the court, but they can't fix it.

As for the New York Times, they should go on and report everything they can find to report. That's their job as journalists. Not saying they should give it up. But the actual democratic politicians don't help themselves by talking about it without some compelling new evidence. More witnesses, whose credibility will be attacked, won't do.

11. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

what?

she changed her story multiple times, can't remember any facts at all (location, date, how she got there or how she left) . Every witness she named says she is wrong/lying. Reportedly, her father doesn't even believe her. Nobody can even corroborate Kavanaugh has met her even less assault.

She might be the worst witness in history.

because they wren't credible (also you are referring to one allegation). Do you ever ask why Coons or this guy didn't go public at the time?

#711 tallanvor, Sep 16, 2019
    Silent_Bob and cml750 like this.
  12. dobro1229

I listened to Kamala's phone interview this morning, and I can't say I disagree with her on just about anything. It's very much how she feels about the process, and she acknowledges the Senate process for impeachment. Doesn't mean that because something is a reality that stands in the way of how things should be, that you cannot express your thoughts on what you believe should be the right way to do something.

Dems really need to push back on this notion that they can't express their thoughts on a topic just because it might be perceived as "The Democrats want to do X". They have to be better about calling out the framing of questions, how they feel about X topic, and stating the realities of what can be done.

Amy Klobachar's response was even more pragmatic, and well thought out. She's someone actually on the Senate Judiciary & higher ranking than Harris or Booker so it should be considered as a way that "The Democrats" are viewing the new Kavanaugh allegations rather than speaking to generalities like the way the Right frames the argument "The Democrats just want to impeaching and overturn an election".... or "Are the Democrats going too far"... etc.

My whole point was to make sure that in the process of wanting to go the extra mile to be objective we don't lose sight of the reality of every situation. Take a step back and view things from 30,000 feet & see the pattern of posts that emerged from Texxx, Mick, etc. that parrot exactly what Trump was tweeting about, and what you'd hear right now if you tuned into Rush, Fox, etc.

Trying to hard to be objective can lead you to fall right into the narratives being conjured for political gain, and in good faith we reinforce that narrative. The MSM does this ALL THE TIME too. We can criticize Democrats too, but lets frame it in the way that WE want to do it. We cannot allow the Kavanaugh situation to always lead to a trigger for fueling this stupid culture war that fuels the right. Same with the NFL Kneeling situation, MeToo, etc. etc.

FYI I'm talking to myself too. We all have to be better about the way we frame arguments & how we deal with dangling bait in front of us all the time.

#712 dobro1229, Sep 16, 2019
  13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think we're not speaking the same language, for whatever reason. I'm not really trying to be objective or fair or whatever. Just pragmatic. As in, they're never going to get Kavanaugh. I'm not saying that he's being persecuted or whatever. Just that he's beat the rap.

NewRoxFan and B-Bob like this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Here's a friendly reminder of Trump's previous mistakes that have been fired/ quit...

[​IMG]

Kavanaugh is yet another Trump **** up in the long list of the #BestPeople he has hired or appointed -- forcing Beer Pong Brett out is going to be a bit trickier than the others on the list. Fortunately the congressional hearings gave us a window into the inner workings of his mind -- time to twist the screws.

15. DaDakota

Win big in 2020 and fix Trump's mess.

DD

16. dobro1229

Got it, and I agree that he's through... he's a sitting SCOTUS which is about as untouchable as it gets in American government. Much more than a sitting president IMO, and in some ways more powerful. Well at least John Roberts currently. They pretty much control what a sitting president can and can't get away with.

If for some reason the Dems get a supermajority in Congress & hold the presidency... MAYBE they can get something done to have the power to reshape the power of the Supreme Court, but right now as it stands, there's very little Congress or a 2020 candidate could do if they wanted to take action on Kavanaugh. Kamala and Klobachar said that more or less this morning.

JuanValdez likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The dude is a perv
    Trump is a perv

No Apologies until Trump apologizes to the Central Park 5
    Where he solicited for their murder

Like Dave Chappelle said. . . . Trump out here grabbing p*****s left right and center but the Biden can't smell hair
    The Dems are not talking like winners . .. . .they being spineless b*Tches like they always are

Rocket River

DaDakota likes this.
  18. cml750

cml750 Member

Bingo!! Excellent post!!!

19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

This. Another example of this was the whole Trayvon Martin, Eric Garner (Mr "I can't breathe"), Ferguson Missouri, etc messes.

The left believes whatever narrative they want to believe, facts be damned. Since they see it in the media, they simply believe it's true. They're sheep.

cml750 and Silent_Bob like this.
  20. DaDakota

Trumpers are traitors to our country.

DD