1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Unpopular opinion) I don’t like Harden’s one-leg three

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Sep 12, 2019.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

his dope floater has betrayed him in the playoffs...

2. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You haven’t even presented an argument other than “hur dur, Harden elite player, don’t get injuries.”

Do you have anything that can actually support your idea that elite players aren’t injured as often, and apparently don’t suffer when doing moves that increase torque on their knees?

YOLO likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's not that I don't think it's cool Harden isn't learning neat new moves.

Im just worried that he cares more about that stuff than practicing basic fundamentals that actually will help the team win a ring such as relearning how to move without the ball. You would think after Westbrook came to the team, he would practice that but most of his workout and scrimmage compilations are just the same ol off the dribble stuff that he already has excelled at.

4. magichat281

magichat281 Member

basically its a fade away back step combined. Its already hard defending a fade away combining with step back makes it impossible to block period.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

WHO CARES WHAT YOU LIKE? UMM... OK? LETS MOVE ON.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

If the move helps him get his shot off and he's move successful because of it why exactly do you have a problem with it you guys make no sense on here sometimes. He's trying to get better.

vlaurelio likes this.
  7. Garner

Garner Member

in your rush to shove something in my face, you've created a straw man. At no point have I suggested that "Elite players aren't injured as often." so, nice job there.

But! Considering nobody, including myself, has come forward as a doctor, pt, or any other physiological profession to give actual supporting evidence that this particular move is any more dangerous than anything else these guys routinely do, I'm not sure what you're expecting beyond "hur dur".

They are professional athletes. Professional athletes can and do get hurt. But to suggest that the possible risk of injury outweighs the benefit of taking his game to another level because we're not sure it looks safe enough in an IG video is, to me, just overthinking the entire thing.

It's a basketball move being performed by a professional basketball player. It'll be ok, guys.

smash cut to harden blowing out his acl game 1 with this ****

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  8. Garner

Garner Member

Is he not doing this because there is no IG video?

of course thats what his IG compilations are, man. That's what gets the likes. Nobody is smashing the like button for some smooth offball action.

jordnnnn likes this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m ready for the post season
    Don’t care what he does in the regular season
    He can shoot threes with no legs for all I care

10. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

At first I thought that this move might be a way to stop the defense from playing behind him. Now I think that it is a way to avoid people from running into his space. People constantly got under him on his step back last season and the refs wouldn’t call it. With this move he is kind of falling way from the defender which makes getting under him more difficult.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

When it comes to Harden, fchowd will always find a way to complain.

Always.

And almost always it’s without any real clue of what is really going on. Just a periphery view like the rest of us, but always takes the negative route.

“All I have seen in little tidbits of video is him doing this, therefore he absolutely without a doubt is not working on ANYTHING else or things I think he should be working on and I don’t like it”

vlaurelio likes this.
  12. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

It's how he's shooting it. Could be a non-strength injury shot developed into his arsenal to throw the defender off-balance... I hoping so.

13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Don’t hate the fancy feet

14. likestohypeguy

Working on the tripod three.

15. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

thats the thing though last year rockets were 90% dependent on harden to take them to the PO's so yes Harden's reg season matters

s3ts likes this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ll only be surprised if we suck in the regular season

s3ts likes this.
  18. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'm pretty sure Harden will do what's right. He'll try a few in some real games, and if it doesn't go down well, just do a regular step-back.

What I like about the one-legged 3 is that it clears a lot of space, gets you a cleaner look for the shot.

The only thing I'd be concerned about is if he doesn't keep up the rest of his arsenal. I'd want his all-around skillset to get better, not slack on those skills just so he has more time to invest in this one-legged 3.

I don't see that happening, though.

19. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

zzz. I dont give a damn if he shot with his eye closed... as long as it goes in and gets us Ws.

CCity Zero likes this.
  20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Saw it yesterday and was trying to post it here.

That clip is awesome. The way he looks at her lmao

tmoney1101 and CCity Zero like this.