1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Hart and driver seriously injured in car wreck

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Sep 2, 2019.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Right, that amount of hp is more dangerous on the low end typically (assuming the frame can handle it and is super reinforced etc. And you've done everything you can - roll cage etc). I envision c&c take offs gone wrong, shifting wrong (1st to 2nd for example and breaking the tires loose) etc etc. And when it happens in a fraction of a second and there's no other safety controls/traction control other than you... You better know what to do. And if you know what you're doing you're probably not driving it like a dumbass on a c&c takeoff gone wrong. Also you're absolutely right, if the frame isn't done correctly I can see things going a lot worse than just kicking the tires loose (frame falling apart/twisting)

On a side note, I eventually want to do a project car but it'll probably be one made within the last 20 years and I'll probably not have a chance to get something like a demon engine any time soon. That's a pretty awesome crate engine though, but I definitely agree with you on not wanting to just drop it in whatever.

Blurr#7 and Nook like this.
  2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

There's definitely a long list of things that must be upgraded or just plain taken out to have a well balanced restomod. But like people stated before there is no preparing for stupidity or ignorance.

CCity Zero likes this.
  3. likestohypeguy

What was the last year of naturally aspirated engines in the base models? Or also '14?

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Those old 911s are getting crazy expensive.

Speaking of restomods you should send the 87 over to Singer for a very reasonable 100k in upgrades.

Sajan likes this.
  5. Sajan

Sajan Member

The 991.1 series. 2012-2016.
    Then they downsized it to 3.0L turbocharged on the base models starting with the 991.2 (2017-2018)
    Now it's 992 (2019+)

Yes! I had mine for about 18 months now. I am going to try to hang on to it for a while.

"The price of a 911 re-imagined by Singer starts at over $475,000 and can reach $1.8 million."

Mine is all stock...all original parts from '87. Burgundy interior, silver exterior.

likestohypeguy likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

All stock low miles... $$$.

Sajan likes this.
  7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Exactly, hahah

Blurr#7 likes this.
  8. KingCheetah

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

God damn they're just sitting in front of the dude recording him and arguing about it being his fault or not while he's in shock, savage lmao.

Seriously though glad he's alright, looks like the entire car crumbled outside of his bucket seat. Hope everyone else was alright too.

10. KingCheetah

He was apparently racing a Porsche at high speed -- I'm not sure I've ever seen a car disintegrate that much and have the driver sitting relatively unscathed in his seat. I'm curious to read more about it he is surely in a world of trouble.

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

These corvettes have wayy too much power for an average joe to handle at the limit.
    Add in bumpy roads, traffic, tire pressure/depth etc and you got a recipe for disaster.

I have lost traction a few times in the Porsche but the stability management is so good it saved me from wrecking it.
    One time I was driving to Austin at night and I was in a lane that suddenly became a U-turn (I thought the lane went straight also)..i had to brake from 60 mph to almost 20 mph quickly while turning..bad idea on a rear engined car.
    Rear tires got out from under me and I almost did a 180 before I regained control. Luckily no one was behind me. Turns out my tires were at 4/32nd also.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That looks like somebody dropped a Vette from a plane and somebody decided to get in and sit down afterwards. As scary as it is at the beginning the other side of the car towards the end of the video actually looks like Godzilla went after it. Wow.

13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

14. Roscoe Arbuckle

This one time, in 1990, I let my friend drive my 5.0 Mustang around the block. On the final corner, he tried to fishtail (like I had done earlier) completely lost control, ran it into a tree and then a house, and then the brick facade fell on top of the car (it was a convertible)

He then told me he had no insurance and ran away. I found out later that while we were arguing, the house we hit's owner thought we were kickburglars and had a shotgun pointed at us...

Good times.

CCity Zero, Yung-T and Jontro like this.
  15. KingCheetah

I got some more info - he was racing a Porsche and someone pulled out not realizing how fast they were going he swerved lost it and slammed the tree. He was in shock, but otherwise uninjured.

If you're going to to run from the cops you need the hellcat and skills.

It's literally a scene from the Gumball Rally.

#75 KingCheetah, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good to go.

Jontro likes this.