1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Saints

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 3, 2019.

1. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I think a lot of fans were thinking, “Please don’t get embarrassed.” But as the game started, everyone was thinking, “Let’s win this.”

vince and Uprising like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

hou was spotted a touchdown essentially. that doesn't necessarily translate to being the same team as the saints going off the spread for last night's game

Nook likes this.
  3. edwardc

edwardc Member

I counted 12 as one of those but D4 will start to win those types of games soon.

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

DW4 has been winning those types of games. It’s the defense and coaching that’s been losing them.

5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I’m speaking on the outcome. Since they won by 3 at home, it would be a tie on a neutral field.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure about that. it really depends on the circumstances at the time. this game was a tale of 2 completely different halves by both teams

Nook likes this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They won by 2.

DD

8. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

he's somewhere between his best days and being washed up.

9. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Thank you... i needed to see that..because i was loosing faith in the coaching rather quickly....Colvin was a abomination.

10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

OMG forget it!!!! Smh
    Nice! We win lol

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

CB Catches-Yards-Touchdowns Allowed

Aaron Colvin (8-117-1)

[​IMG]

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Just goes to show you, for future QB conversations, having a bad line is not an excuse.

I remember people always gave Carr that excuse for him sucking but it isn't. Luck also had bad lines and still produced and pretty much every great QB has had a bad line at some point in their career.

vince likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

That was a great tackle Hop.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Agreed if that had been Hop being tackled like that these ho's would be saying it's just football.

coachbadlee likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

And just like that. Bye

16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If the Texans line up in a competitive defensive formation and bring pressure, the Saints have six seconds to either score a touchdown or lose. Giving up a quick, easy 5-10 yard completion was the only thing you could not do, and the Texans gifted it to them. If you want to coach scared, then you shouldn’t be a professional football coach.

Also, Lutz was making that kick as soon as the previous completion happened. When teams play not to lose, they tend to get beat in those last second situations.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Man... I like the Saints because most of my family is from Louisiana but F I wanted the Texans to win this game. Feel really bad for Watson and BOB. I believe they did enough. Gotta move on...

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Romeo Crennel on having defensive backs playing off at end of the Saints game: 'We didn't play the situation well enough to execute the way we wanted to execute. It didn't work.'

Romeo Crennel on Keion Crossen: 'We like him because he's got speed, good competitor. I like his attitude.'

Romeo Crennel on Lonnie Johnson: 'He's got length, he's got speed. He's a rookie, so he's not as ready as I want him to be. But if he's the next man up, he's got to be ready.'

Romeo Crennel on no DBs touching the ball against Saints: 'Whatever happened happened, nothing I can do about that now.'

Romeo Crennel on Lonnie Johnson: 'He's made some progression. He shows he's competitive. He missed some time during the spring.'

Romeo Crennel on pass rush: 'I have a good confidence level in the guys I have up there. Down the road, I think you'll see it.'

Romeo Crennel said most teams double team or triple team J.J. Watt and chip block him.

20. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

That's a uh... fairly candid response, honestly.