1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

And it’s the Russians that are affecting our elections?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mick fry, Sep 7, 2019.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Useful idiot thread.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I remember hearing a politico interview with Ted Cruz's campaign manager saying how he thought the Trump campaign was so disorganized and leagues behind on their tech and people operations. He hinted Hillary should've inherited a well oiled state to state machine beyond his (Cruz) campaign's.

In hindsight, that guy was wrong. Trump could've been bigly secretive on wanting to win and wanting an expensive top notch data org that the oppo did not discover.

Or maybe he just got Hilary's playbook and DNC numbers from gucifer and WikiLeaks, then trusted Steve Bannon, who chaired Cambridge Analytica, to do the rest...

Oh yeah, that's not Watergate. Maintain the lie and I'll pardon your ass in more ways than one.

Just my two sublime cents.

3. mick fry

mick fry Member

Lol, who’s crying? I posted the findings of a study by a long respected Dr. of Psychology with high credentials and give you the evidence and of course as I expected you and the other nutsacks can’t/won’t see it for what it is, you band together to defend against something (I can’t speak for the numbers) that is most likely fact. I know, I know you believe truth over facts. You say you need hard evidence? Give me a break. Did you need hard evidence with the hundred allegations made against Trump? Hell no you took the bait every time and ran with it just like all the other TDS members that never has accepted Trump winning and have thrown a tantrum ever since. Crying? Not me bud but nice libtard tactic to say someone else is what they are, it’s what you all do.

#63 mick fry, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The findings of a study? What study? Where was the study published? Was it peered reviewed? What other research has this Dr published? What makes him respected?

The evidence against Trump are facts that are acknowledge by both sides. Not the opinion of a psychologist with questionable motives

KingCheetah likes this.
  5. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

triggered

Andre0087 and KingCheetah like this.
  6. mick fry

mick fry Member

You act like it’s just one mans opinion, wake up. You denying it doesn’t make it not true.

Keep marching.

#66 mick fry, Sep 9, 2019
  7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Says the mistake-in-chief supporter without any sense of irony...

mick try, harder

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

It is one man's opinion. Some random psychologist no one has ever heard of before asserts on his website that Google manipulated x number of votes based on spurious logic and no actual methodology to measure bias and you post it as gospel.

The fact is I never denied anything, I only pointed out the enormous flaws with what you are posting. You can say the world is flat, and then when I tell you why that is poor reasoning respond by saying, "Just because you deny it doesn't make it untrue". Then why are you here? If you don't want my perspective or feedback maybe you should go back to your safe space.

The fact that when scrutiny is applied you respond with strange videos that don't have to do with the study at all - shows that you are standing on a straw house that is easily torn down. Seems like you are the one blindly believing in this garbage.

Wake up!

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That's the reason why it took 40+ hours of watching her before I realized that the skills were less than I'd expected. At first I was like, "maybe it's because she is just trying to portray a stoic Russian???" but no because her husband isn't like that. Then I thought, "maybe her character doesn't have much to work with???" but no, that's not true.

She is hot tho. And I'd watch her stuff; she isn't the worst. But... it lessens my pro-KGB sentiments.

10. mick fry

mick fry Member

Nobody said it was the Gospel but it is certainly viable and something that every free thinking American that cares about our democracy should be concerned with and that’s why it was posted. Listen, everything isn’t about Trump and how we can destroy him. You will be all too willing to get that number stamped on your head when the time comes. You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think Google and Facebook aren't tracking you and haven’t built a profile on you. Are you naive enough to believe they will only use that information for the good of humanity and not exploit it? Money and power is the root of all evil.

#70 mick fry, Sep 9, 2019
  11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think there is little doubt that they use if for monetary reasons. They use it to target advertising. That is a fine debate to have. But it isn't the same as a foreign government working to benefit one candidate and trying to influence and cheat our democracy

Invisible Fan and AleksandarN like this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

How does one go about measuring whether a search is providing biased results? What newsources should be considered biased and to what degree? Doesn't one need to understand how Google's algorithm work to understand why it might be biased? Which news sources should be given more weight in results considering there are so many fringe ones? Should it be the most popular? What defines relevancy? None of these ideas were addressed by this psychologist yet they all seem rather pertinent to this or any other kind of media study. Normally research of this type takes a collaboration of individuals as no one individual as access to all the data - yet he doesn't list his data sources or collaborators. Strange to say the least.

And why does who he voted for even matter? It's not even verifiable and shouldn't be germane to any scientific study.

Finally how does he quantify the impact on votes this alleged bias has? How can you legitimately claim how many people actually switched their votes because of Google any more that you can claim how many people switched votes based on Cambridge Analytica?