1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your favorite Bible verse?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I also don't appreciate how evangelicals can be so eager to be fooled by such a lazy, transparent lie. And, I don't like how they flushed the credibility of the Church down the toilet for that guy, of all people.

3. Buck Turgidson

Yep, don't care about religion, but I hate hypocrites.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

"I'm going to place tariffs on French cheese. I've always said that American singles are better than any French cheese."

- Donald Trump

JuanValdez and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

malakas, mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the
    Inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men
    Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will
    shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness
    for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious
    Anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers
    And you will know
    My name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee

mdrowe00 likes this.
  8. Spooner

Spooner Member

This is the big problem I see with a lot of brainwashed people in this country. The idea that "liberals" are devoid of religion is patently untrue. Is Judaism a religion? What about Islam? What about the Hindu population in this country? Do you know where Orthodox Christians align themselves on the political spectrum? Even Catholics are split in their ideologies. I digress... If it isn't the backwoods redneck version of Christianity with billion dollar mega churches that was started not too long ago when you consider the history of the world and religion, then they are "not religious". What a brilliant take. Can you even comprehend the meaning of a denomination?

I consider myself to be religious. I come from a strong Christian foundation. I've spent time in my life visiting various monasteries. Do you honestly think using Gods name in vain is merely to use his name in curse words? How stupid would you have to be to believe that? Open your eyes. Donald Trump is not religious. He pretends to be to influence this cancer of a population that supports mega churches and very very rich pastors. He and all of those people profiting from and influencing others on God's name are using his name in vain.

The notion that if you don't hate gay people, support a woman's right to her own body and are not subject to scare tactics by a corporation under the false guise of "religion", then you are somehow not a moral person and without religion is disingenuous at best. Jesus didn't hate anyone and he sure as well wasn't an evangelical. To think such a tiny portion of christianity as a whole worldwide would influence your idea as to who is religious in this country is absurd. All that while failing to acknowledge any religion outside of Christianity. Do some research and GTFO with your idiotic propaganda about who liberals and conservatives really are.

9. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Dang man. You told me you weren’t a trump supporter.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ecclesiastes 1:9 There is nothing new under the sun

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol are you far left? I guess so if this triggers you.

12. Rileydog

No, I’m basically moderate and beyond tired of the far left and far right. I haven’t posted much, but in our exchanges, does it look like I get “triggered”?

Sorry man, but it looks like you either like to troll or have a problem with intellectual honesty, or both. Just go ahead and be an official trump supporter. It requires a crap ton of mental gymnastics, equivocation, and “all politicians are bad” and “all politicians are bigots” or “I don’t care about XXX (insert whatever fact about trump makes him objectively incompetent)”, but you can do it.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Now that Dacha admitted he is just a troll, time to ignore him - he is just here because he is so angry at his own situation and looking for others to blame.

DD

REEKO_HTOWN and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fchowd0311 likes this.
  16. Rileydog

Bravo sir, bravo.

I would add that lack of sophistication ("ignorance" is the more unkind, but maybe more appropriate word) is a huge issue here. There are wide swaths of Americans who have never been exposed to non-white/non-Christian people or world views. They haven't learned about other cultures, religions or points of view, and they have no/few interactions with different people.

Funny example - My family (Asian American) and I were in the smoky mountains for spring break, and we stopped to get gas in a tiny town outside of Pigeon Forge, itself a small town. My wife and kids go down to get drinks and snacks from the convenience store while I pump gas. They come back with this. The guy (middle age caucasian male) behind the counter says -- "It's great to see Asiatic people. I really enjoy it." After some very pleasant exchange, he says "You know, you guys are much more talkative than the other Asiatic people I've met. I even spoke to them in their native language (which shocked and amazed my kids that he knew chinese) but they didn't respond. My Spanish is pretty good and they didn't say one word back to me." My kids were super polite and said thanks, and thank goodness my son didn't start speaking Spanish to the poor guy - it would have fried his brain permanently. But it was a great teaching moment for us as parents about how to handle people who have never been outside their bubble, especially in the middle of Trump country, how the guy was unsophisticated, not mean, and how there are different levels of sophistication and ignorance.

In these areas, it is predictable that hateful messaging by a President preys on ignorance (at best) and feeds intolerance (at worst) toward dissimilar people.

Your other point about the pollution/brainwashing of people regarding what Christianity is or should be is fantastic. Post more. D&D needs it.

mtbrays, mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

“She lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and emissions are like those of horses.”

Ezekiel 23:20

18. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
    He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. -- John 12:24-12:25

19. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...HEY! NO FAIR!

That's from Pulp Fiction...

...well...

...some of it, anyway...:D:)

20. Buck Turgidson

Hey, if that's how you wanna roll....