1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Huge Missed Opportunity.. No Throwback Court for Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac2therack, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Layaway court. You'll get it when the money comes.

MONON and Sanctity like this.
  2. BleedsRocketRed

Man, those throwbacks are awesome. Loving the Cavs, Grizz, Suns, Hornets and dare I say... Jazz?

Once again, we're still doing that stupid logo from 2002 that nobody ever wanted in the first place.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Judging by how ugly some other teams’ alternate courts are (Dallas), maybe it’s a “blessing in the skies.”

WestendMassive likes this.
  4. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is a huge missed opportunity for what exactly?

ipaman likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I guess it's a huge missed opportunity to feed nostaligia of what it was like before Les ruined our logo and court design, but not a missed opportunity to blame Tilman for it. *rolleyes*

Lurch and Pistol Pete like this.
  6. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

Not sure the former qualifies as huge but any chance for the latter is a huge opportunity.

7. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Tillman has certainly become the “escape goat” for any and all perceived flaws. And the season hasn’t even started yet!

8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

For The Tilman to swindle some sponsors to pay for a throwback court.
    Surely The Tilman can work a shut up and listen pitch to some corporate Chinese company????

9. JW86

JW86 Member

It’s simple, Tilman just didn’t care enough to give us a throwback 1994 summit court along with the jersey for the anniversary like almost every single other NBA team is doing.

10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Screw your throwbacks that only serve to please the loser franchise beta fanbases so they forget they are consistent losers. All in for championships, screw the crowd pleasing distractions.

11. JW86

JW86 Member

LOL you’re an idiot

12. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Maybe he can ask Harden to pay for it.

13. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

E78C07E1-972F-4088-8A03-F6DFD0BA160E.jpeg

14. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

They want well figured scantilly clad American women to eat Chinese buffet meals out of their orifices to make the deal happen.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I can’t bring myself to care about this and fake outrage or disappointment...Reeko is good with no alternate courts

Is an alternate court gonna fix the pathetic lower bowl and stop TC from sounding like the local library?

at least the jerseys aren’t as trash as they used to be...baby steps

CK Johnson likes this.
  16. WestendMassive

LOL at Dallas

[​IMG]

This is badass

[​IMG]

WTF is this?!

[​IMG]

17. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

HUGE missed opportunity.

This is my point of view on the average casual fan in Houston.

No, the alternate court is not going to fix the lower bowl, attendance problems, or all of the Rockets marketing issues but it WILL draw interest. That is something this franchise needs. The throwback jerseys are a step in the right direction but it needs more.

The Rockets interest in this town is terrible. It needs buzz. It needs a jolt. Will a title do it? Probably. But it needs to start with the marketing from the game experience to the brand.

Yes, Houston is a football town but I have never bought that excuse. Other teams around the country don’t seem to have that issue. Something is wrong when the 4th largest city (soon to he 3rd) in the US isn’t into their above .500 NBA team.

Like I said, there is no buzz with the Rockets. Why doesn’t Harden get love like Watt, Altuve, Springer, Bergman, Deshawn here in town. Is he not marketable enough? Are the Rockets not marketable enough? This team needs to do all it can to create that aura. Yes, we have Westbrook but will the average joe care about a Harden/Westbrook duo or the Astros? I think the latter. But why is that?

As for the logo - I feel going back to the old school red and yellow design will give this team a jolt and help draw interest. The casual fan doesn’t like this logo. It’s ugly. It’s eerie looking. The organization needs to give people that nostalgic feeling again. Look when the Astros scrapped the Union Station maroon colors and went back to what they were known for, Orange and Blue.

We can give a modern twist of our old logo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We need to bring back the Clutch City slogan. Market it EVERYWHERE. Again, nostalgia. Clutch City needs to be on the court. Clutch City needs to be on the jersey on retro night.

The starting lineups. The music at the games. Make the music playlist for EVERYONE. Play a little country, rock, pop, rap, and hip hop. It can’t always be hip hop. The Astros do a great job of that along with other NBA teams.

We also need to invoke emotion and give that emotional attachment.

Which one gave you goosebumps?

WestendMassive, BigggReddd and J.R. like this.
  18. vick

vick Member

Shut up and Listen. No new courts. We are not getting Iggy or no new courts. Not until the Rockets can win 2 Championships in a row.Then i can get my helicopter out of the pawn shop.. Also no more 10% off coupons at my Steak house.Damn it. .