1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greenland: To buy or not to buy?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Aug 16, 2019.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I don't play a shtick. I just disagree with you on some things, You've spent so much time assuming things about me that you ignore what I am actually saying.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Dunno. Are they still around to tell you?

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

On defense: We already have the Thule base. And, given that we're NATO allies, Denmark and Greenland would likely collaborate if we needed to expand our military infrastructure there. I don't believe the argument we need it for defense.

On mineral exploitation: Sure, we can make money mining it. So could Denmark. We could probably do a better job of exploiting it because we would have less regulation on how it was exploited. Which might be part of why Denmark wouldn't want to sell to us -- they don't want anyone destroying it like we would.

On the 50k residents: They pretty much all live on the coast. It'd be a pretty easy thing to buy 95% of Greenland and let Denmark keep the towns with their citizens in it. The US wants the drilling, not the residents.

My thoughts on this exactly. He canceled because of the embarrassment of going after being called absurd. But he did it to himself. He was already told no privately and made the offer publicly anyway. He should have known he'd get a strong refusal and how it has played out was totally predictable. The other thing, though, is that the way he canceled the trip -- saying Denmark disrespected us -- put way more attention and gravity to Denmark's response than it was getting before. This was just a funny interlude until he made it a personal affront. He's actually made the embarrassment worse by taking offense. Which is what feeds this wheedling little thought in my head -- given that he knew how this would play out and that he's increasing the fallout, is this actually his negotiating ploy to set the stage to eventually force Denmark to sell?

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Real estate genius..... buy Greenland while the price is low, raise the temperature of the planet until billions of people have to find a new home, sell quarter acre tracts on newly habitable glaciers, profit!

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, you do, you freely admitted you like to troll liberals - don't lie.

DD

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Watching far lefties like you lose their **** in face of reality isn't trolling. No trolling is needed when they find the truth absurb.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You like Trump because you think "he's a the money man". It's over the top comments such as that when Trump has shown that he doesn't even understand very elementary basic concepts such as the difference between health and life insurance that makes us believe you are trolling. No rational person thinks Trump is a subject matter expert in macro or micro economics. He's just a chode who nutted out of a 400 million dollar penis.

Your propensity to never be involved in nuance discussion about healthcare coverage, trade etc besides silly one liners of platitudic nonsense while mainly just focusing on low hanging fruit culture war bullshit makes me think all you do is watch right wing YouTube channels. Many people think you are a troll because your comments suggest it.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

says the radical.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A pretty unsettling interview with Miles Taylor formerly of DHS with one of the most being that Trump wanted to swap Puerto Rico for Greenland.