1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Future Legend PJ Tucker: “It’s time for my extension right now, so we’ll see."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Aug 21, 2019.

?

To extend or not to extend now?

1. Yes

67 vote(s)
    50.4%
  2. No

66 vote(s)
    49.6%
  1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

PJ has bad luck with timing. If CP3 had held up for even the first year of his contract the front office probably wouldn't be as hesitant to give an extension to another 34 year old player.

amaru likes this.
  2. BigBum

BigBum Member

I think Chris Paul final year contract is worth veteran minimum, but he gets 46 million. (playoffs age 37)

Tucker would get vet min if he signs a contract at age 36.

I really like the idea of not attaching any pick to Cp3 trade package because Thunder are not targeting anything now.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Bigger fonts and more bold type, please!

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oh I agree, for the most part - or you try to lock him in for more money up front in these 2 years, and decline in years 3 and 4.

DD

amaru, MorningZippo and tycoonchip like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Wrong, most important role player on our team, our BEST defensive player. Has missed one game in 4 years, shows up in the POs. Sheesh. Of course hes worth it.

Gray_Jay and RudyTBag like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Cripples a franchise LOL, what state do you think this franchise will be in once Harden leaves. So you want the guy who gives it his all every night and does his best to not give it his all? Or play worse?

7. HP3

HP3 Member

This situations is funny, during all these game threads its all like "We love you PJ" "Such hustle" "Always shows up in the POs" then once you get to actually paying the man its "Sorry pj cant do it" "Just a roleplayer" " We(loool) cant pay you that much" it gets cold real quick here I see.

jcf, joshuaao and PlayBall like this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously man. Dude was in Europe for years too, playing a super easy schedule. He has years left to give at this exact same level.

joshuaao and HP3 like this.
  9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

PJ has enough shoes.......amirite?????

He should have been more low key about his shoe collection- then maybe he'd get a deal

:cool::D

HP3 likes this.
  10. jb86

jb86 Member

Give me a ring... Then you can get your money.

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

LOL he's been showing up in the playoffs. The team not being quite as good as the competition isn't on him.

RudyTBag and HP3 like this.
  12. jb86

jb86 Member

It don't matter. This season we have a very good chance to win it all. If you really want that money, you have to make it happen. Go out there and win. The fans don't want to hear excuses.

13. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

I mean it kind of matters. You’re basically making the same argument as all those who call Harden a choker for not winning a ring yet. When you’re holding one player responsible for team outcomes, you’re badly oversimplifying.

glimmertwins and don grahamleone like this.
  14. jb86

jb86 Member

First off I never put it all on PJ. He said he is ready to get paid now. The truth is that the rockets don't have to pay him right now. The person thats next in line to get paid is Eric Gordon. With that being said, if you are in PJ's position you can't really demand more money until you show some hardware.

bmelo likes this.
  15. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Yeah the last sentence is where I don't think you're being fair to him. He's clearly outperformed his contract to date. Whether or not the team was able to get over the hump isn't just on him. You didn't specifically put it all on him, but when you say he can't demand more without a championship, you're at least partially holding him responsible for his teammates not being good enough to win.

Anyway it looks like we're just repeating ourselves at this point, so we can probably just let it go.

HP3 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You act like you'd give the man the max because he played hard.

cheke64 and bmelo like this.
  18. bmelo

bmelo Member

Well... nope. He's great for contract he has not for the bigger one. Man is like 34 6'5 PF and can't rebound, i love him but let's not act like he is not replecable with almost every draft class

19. bmelo

bmelo Member

He needs to stop acting all boujee he is not even an allstar to demand anything with 2 years left

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Not just played hard, he contributes ALOT. I would give him enough to where he feels valued and want to retire in Houston. I'd at least sign him for two more years because he has proven time and time agin he gets it done in the biggest moments, and night in and out takes the hardest defensive assignments.

So yea, sue me, I want out player's to remain here and get paid, especially guys like PJ who does so much and leaves it all out there. I hate the turn on a dime change people make when talking about money, it bothers me. They get cheaper than TIlman himself.