1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MVP] Harden Says Media Narrative Determines MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MystikArkitect, Aug 22, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It most really bother Harden if he is talking about this publicly. Furthermore, Rose-Gold is now on First Take? She is a Harden defender. Love how she took up for Harden in this segment. We have another one for us (at least Harden not sure her take on the Rockets) in the media on a big platform. She voted Harden for MVP last season.

EDIT: just watched this clip - ESPN took out most of Rose Gold's endorsement of Harden.. She backed it up with numbers and facts too. I'm going to try and find a clip.. but Disney takes down all the content. that sucks.

#21 DreamShook, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  2. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Totally agree but a fine is a cometh for that remark.....

amaru likes this.
  3. JW86

JW86 Member

Harden did not just lose to Giannis because of narrative, stop it.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

FTR, the hosts of the local radio station brought it up yesterday. casual conversation between them which was mostly to promote his JHtown weekend this weekend. I posted the whole interview with the box in the JHtown thread

DreamShook likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They are ridin for Harden on Jalen and Jacoby too.

beardsanity713, BMoney and jordnnnn like this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The media directly votes for it. Not sure how this is fine-able. Is the media going to fine him to uphold their "sterling" reputation?

Handles and Patience like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah I understand, but still, even when pressed, Harden doesn't engage unless it's annoying him. Harden routinely just brushes stuff like this off and steers the convo somewhere. Or he will ask the question back as affirmation he is thinking what you're thinking and then moves on.

J Sizzle likes this.
  8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

All i know is that I dont care about mvp anymore

we have harden and WB

we should have a great regular season ... and those guys will both put up monster stats

i really really really dont wanna see rockets media ( and DM's twitter) talking about how they should be the mvp

sure , maybe there is a case ( obviously this is hypothetical since the season hasnt played out yet)

I just dont care about anything but the playoffs at this point.

9. alethios

alethios Member

But the media chose Giannis before the season really started.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree, but I want Houston social media and DM making the media mad. I love it. Harden will never win another MVP, that's a granted, but I'm here for the Rockets gaslighting everyone on earth.

hakeem94 and snowconeman22 like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah, but I wouldn't even consider it a formal interview. I think if it was a one on one sitting with a espn reporter or so, he would of just brushed it off quick. In the setting yesterday, it was all jokes and barbershop talk where he definitely seemed comfortable and at ease

DreamShook likes this.
  12. JW86

JW86 Member

That’s silly, sure they try to have a narrative, but if Bucks had underperformed then the narrative would’ve switched to Harden’s performance.

13. AB423

AB423 Member

How about stop worrying about MVP trophies and start worrying about championship trophies?

cheke64 likes this.
  14. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I'm not a 'Harden Fan' per se, but he should be a four time MVP but for the pre-determined media narratives in each of the other three seasons.

bro2044 likes this.
  15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Season before last, the media were hardcore wanting Kawhi to win. Nothing against his talent, but if he hadn't been hurt, Harden would likely still be MVP-less. Just sayin'.

bro2044, arubato, slothy420 and 2 others like this.
  16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only pure fans know 97.9

17. thething

thething Contributing Member

Averaging 25/5/5 on a 60 win team is better than averaging 50/8/8 on a 50 win team.

That's just how the media votes. Injuries/teammates are almost irrelevant.

harold bingo likes this.
  18. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Yeah this. The man literally changed guard-play. He also took out effectiveness of the “big man.” He’s one of the highest IQ players in this generation. Giannis is just an athletic freak who is surrounded by other long athletic freak and a great coach. He doesn’t have the mentality to shoulder an entire team by himself. James is just a 1 man wrecking crew with durability and vision. That’s all

19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Harden reads Clutchfans confirmed

20. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

It's funny seeing her ask these two clowns about basketball. She won two state championships in high school and made it to the Final Four three times at Stanford.