1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are shooter manifestos published?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Aug 4, 2019.

?

Should shooter manifestos and media accounts be public

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

publishing them and calling them manifestos is a joke. these sickos have no right or real power to issue or declare their disgusting views. calling it such adds a level of respect to their words, as if they were a philosopher, religious leader, politician, etc... they're not, they're subhuman scum who are not capable of authoring a "manifesto."

Senator likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Okay... I guess not understanding where the hate stems from and what content they consume to aquire such views is unnecessary to public discourse.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

from uneducated mindless hateful people it is. don't give those sick facks an audience, they don't deserve one. fbi/cia/ss that's different. use the mindless drivel as part of the investigation and in doing so it becomes public record. however, that does not mean non law enforcement should publish and discuss, that's my point.

-edit- wanted to add, we now exactly where the hate stems from as you put it. it's pure evil, hatred born out of centuries of white greedy evil men teaching such hatred (that it became entrenched with many later generations) so they could get richer. they needed to convince the masses and "make me richer" wasn't gonna cut it. so sub-human, disease, slaves love being slaves, better than starving, Abraham had slaves, 10 commandments mentions(does not condemn) slavery, Jesus didn't condemn, etc... a whole lot of ridiculous reasons because as i said, "make me richer" wouldn't fly. deeply rooted, entrenched hate within certain races and historical cultures in this country.

#63 ipaman, Aug 6, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I don't think this is an uneducated issue. There's many similarities between this and other forms of terrorism:
    - income gap (being poor and hopeless is 70% of it)
    - disparities between your social standing - what you've been lead to believe vs where you actually are
    - appealing to socially isolated and alienated groups

Prob more to list upon further thought.

It's not the idea itself, rather the idea being a unifying vehicle for these frustrations.

5. Senator

Senator Member

It's "modern rhetoric" targeting and inspiring the people who end up joining ISIS , committing mass shootings etc. If you are not offended by ISIS propaganda being banned, why would you be offended by this? Banning it is a no brainer, but the backlash here is alarming. The extreme left would rather feel victimized than save lives. 2 wrongs do not make a right. They are no different to Justin Smollet , who of course is not serving jail time , and it shows what he did was a cultural thing. This leads to the backlash letting Trump get elected.

Saving lives is more important than you making up a narrative to feel sorry for yourself.

6. Senator

Senator Member

If you are not offended by ISIS propaganda being banned, why would you be offended by this?

These manifesto's , like ISIS propagnda, are total hit and misses but they do give frustrated terrorists in the making something to cling on to. Some modern "movement" they think they are a part of. When you modernize extreme violent rhetoric it makes a lunatic feel like it's no big deal. These aren't mentally healthy or stable individuals who can differentiate between reality and fantasy. And it only serves to empower them.

More extensive background checks aren't going to solve anything. Raising the age from 19 to 21 won't do anything.

Is it more important for you to feel like a victim or save lives? Are guns going to be banned any time soon, and if they are, how soon will the 400 million in circulation be accounted for? How will you control the black market? You need to accept you are wrong here because you think all these frustrated shooters , and ones in the making, think like you but what you want to do as a lawmaker is take away as much fuel as possible that lets the fire get out of control.

7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

People have a right to know what these people are thinking. By the way, the mother of all manifestos is the Koran + Hadith + 1000 years of Islamic jurisprudence.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The problem isn't manifestos the problem is that the right wing is indoctrinating hate the same way ISIS does, except the right defends it by crying about PC culture and censorship.

You guys are defending the spread of hate and then crying about manifestos. Classic.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Where un the **** did i defend these groups

Stop putting words in mouth. Ths thread is about manifestos *******. Tired of your projecting like you know what people think

Arrogant jerk as usual

King1 likes this.
  10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He's a worthless troll whose sole purpose on here is to race bait. Don't waste your time

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You clearly are against removing hate speech and censoring hate groups - yet you have issues with manifestos.

I stand by what I say. You can call me an arrogant jerk and claim I am projecting, but your own words tell a different story. Own up to it.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Love how you try to tie this evil back to Islam. Shows your true colors.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Saying they shouldn't be cencored isnt defending them.

You said you didn't believe in censorship eithe in the same thread jerk.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Moderator post: these are touchy subjects and lead to tempers flaring but don’t let it get too personal guys. I’ve avoided stepping in at all so far because I think people need to be allowed to express their raw beliefs, but if it’s gets personal again with badgering and harassment I’ll have to step in.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You can tell Sweet Lou to stop saying i said something after i said i didn't say it in his quest to win arguments

Its a very irritating constant issue

King1 likes this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You clearly defend their right in that thread to spread hate on channels like FB and Youtube - but in this thread you think we should prevent their manifestos to be available online?

Look, I'm just pointing out the incongruity in your argument. Why do you feel it's ok for these groups to use media to radicalize people but are against the now radicalized perpetrators of crimes from having their nonsensical dribble shared?

Seems to me it would be more effective to curtail the efforts of those who are radicalizing rather than deal with the aftermath. It might also help if you learn to debate without calling people names.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I quoted you where you were defending the spread of hate as you felt censorship was wrong. So please tell me how you didn't say it? I quoted you for all to see. I feel you should own up to it.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I didnt defend. I said they should not be censored. Two different subjects apparently youre too stupid to understand

Regardless stop saying i defend what they say. Thats what you wrote and thats why you're an ******* because i never defended what they say

#78 pgabriel, Aug 7, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bro they are political groups. They have a right to frer speech just like you.

Manifestos from a guy who just killed a bunch of people is a different subject.

These groups voluntarily put their beliefs out. Censoring them is different from a media organization voluntarily or not publishing a manifesto

#79 pgabriel, Aug 7, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@Sweet Lou 4 2

Another thing jerk, i never cried about P.C. culture.

On and on and on putting words in people's mouths