1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gilbert Arenas: "This (Rockets) team will not be successful"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets11206, Aug 1, 2019.

1. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

The podcast is interesting albeit he is a horrible co-talk show host because he constantly tries to negate the other analyst, but he has some valid points and after the westbrook high has faded a little I actually agree with the following, He says:

-This rockets team according to him will not be successful and has no chance in the west due to mainly SIZE.

- Westbrook Trade helps somewhat b/c pg is taller now at 6'3 and have a reasonable SG @ 6'5 BUT SF 6'3, PF 6'5, Center 6"10. Not one true center in the lineup, states Clint is not a presence enough to be an Center with our smaller lineup. We saw a lot of that the entire year and IMO lost game 5 and 6 to the warriors because of REBOUNDING

- The WEST is actually bringing the height back, the Warriors small ball is not really a concern anymore. Lakers could boast a lineup of Lebron, KCP, Kuzma, AD, Cousins. That team boasts an entire lineup of 6'6 and up, Clippers: Beverley, PG, Kawhi, Jamychal Green, Zubac in itself is also daunting.

- The WEST is already the Lakers to lose, who on the Rockets will be able to guard/slow Lebron/AD. Don't have the personnel outside of a 34 year old PJ/ weak Clint.

Overall not too worried about one person, but the points are valid. We were absolutely wrecked last year interiorly and AD, Boogie and the Kawhi/PG clippers are a lot of good in what we are weak at. Morey better make another move in getting a solid SF/PF. What are your thoughts on Agent Zero's thoughts.?

mastan and ak99999 like this.
  2. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Opinions and thoughts?

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Probably the best criticism you'll find, because it's not about Harden/Russ, but the fact they still don't have any forwards/size.

I'm much less putting it on Clint than many. Put a legit sized PF and SF next to him, he probably doesn't seem as "exposed" as a "big" in the playoffs.

4. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Don't worry, here's your muscle. Tilman approves, doesn't hurt the pockets

[​IMG]

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They didn't have size last year or the year before. The warriors play green at C.

6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

yah and gibets arenas got broken ankles by tmac, and didnt play half his career. Rockets have 2 superstars on there team, with legitimate role players they will be a powerhouse.. Clippers are the only team Roxs are somewhat worried about

7. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

True, but style is shifting to length and size

OtisHerrera and fattz like this.
  8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

We are literally a Robert Covington away from being favorites. We should be offering 2 FRP and Shump every day until Rosas agrees

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Obligatory 'he knows all about losing' post

10. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

What's this gun toting fool talking about? Stick to BIG3 basketball bro.

Tfor3, Rhay1, RocketRed84 and 3 others like this.
  11. s3ts

s3ts Member

he sounds bitter, but he's speaking the truth.

plenty of guys in the garm were saying we got a shot at the chip. no way we were going to do that when we have no size in the lineup.

against an elite defensive setup, we were needing gambles at 3 pt shots to stay in the game. it wasn't going to pan out if we do it like that.

majicdonjuan, fattz and ak99999 like this.
  12. BigBum

BigBum Member

Lakers fans think Iguodala is going to join them. They just need to make a good trade.

It seems that everyone can't make good trades except Lakers.

13. BigBum

BigBum Member

It seems that Clippers have big advantage on bench players.

I don't expect MDA to lead this team to win championship this year.

Beat GS, Lakers and Clippers?

cheke64 and Killatron 2000 like this.
  14. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Didn't Capela take it to AD and Cousins? What Size got to do with anything when you spread those Big Men Out and switch them on PNR? Are the Rockets going to continue to switch everything on Defense?

BigShasta likes this.
  15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

If you think Covington will mean championship, you are delusional. He is not that good.

fattz likes this.
  16. JW86

JW86 Member

Yeah the size part is worrisome and definitely a huge problem. Tyson and Russ won’t fix that. We need an athletic strong PF so Tucker can be at SF. I’d trade Gordon for a good PF.

fattz likes this.
  17. Mr Chuck Norris

I was ready to curse him out but I agree somewhat? We DO need size. We always did. Hopefully someone breaks free.

GotGame15, justtxyank and ak99999 like this.
  18. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

IF size is your concern then we need a new coach.

Our current coach would play 5 guards if he could, the LAST thing he probably considers nor cares about is size.

I'm not saying we don't need size.. I agree, we do. BUT that is because I disagree with MDA~ for the record I also think we need to take some mid-range shots.

Anyways, Morey needs to build a team that is compliant to the coaches philosophy and he is doing just that. If that's not possible then you get a coach who's philosophy works with yours.

Morey is doing his job properly.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Somehow I think the Lakers are vastly overrated at this stage. Anthony Davis never got the Pelicans anywhere, although he has amazing stats. Lebron is past it and even missed the playoffs last year.

I'd be a lot more concerned about the Clippers.

To me it's between the Warriors, Clippers and Rockets.

20. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

another dummy making a thread