1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Visionary made an incredible CP3 tribute mix

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clips/Roxfan, Jul 25, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

HOFer - Thank You, Chris!

The greatest pure PG of his generation. Underrated shooter.

Even greater at doing community work.

Harden gained a friend but lost a competitor always barking up his arse.

#21 daywalker02, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    UTSA2step and FrontRunner like this.
  2. Chamillionaire

Definitely enjoyed watching him, but I have a feeling we won't miss him once Russ steps on the court.

amaru likes this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He hasn’t suited up yet, maybe we can lobby to reverse the trade and have a take back. If iirc “no take backs” have to be called when delivering unfavorable items and this was not said when dropping wb off

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Makes me sad for what could have been. Dude was perfect for this team... until he wasn't.

amaru and Deuce like this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

One hamstring injury away from being a champion, retiring a Rocket HOF legend, having his jersey retired etc. Just a damn shame.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

If not for that hammy, we would've won the title. I wonder how that would have changed last year and this summer.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Amazing video. I got sad, but reflecting back makes me appreciative of those 2 years with CP on the Rockets. That 65 win team will always be one of my favorites. Enjoy the journey.

BaselineFade, burlesk, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  8. s3ts

s3ts Member

I don't think we were asking him to take a vet min. Just make a few mil less than Harden to give wiggle room for Morey to go to work.

If I'm CP, I'm still good with making more than my previous contract. He wasn't an all-star, he wasn't an MVP caliber player, yet he made money like it. It was not a smart move on anyone's end.

I knew it was going to get sour when he got injured again at the beginning of the season. Yes, Harden had an MVP year because of CP. I don't want to take anything away from CP. But the dude taking money was betting himself to be good enough and then failed to deliver. Not smart, not good.

9. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

That money was committed to before the trade for CP3 was done. CP3 knew it was his last big contract. And after that initial season he had, there is nothing telling him "I am not worth this". Therefore: "TAKE THE MONEY!!"

Then last year happened. The wheels fell off. And we all saw that the year before was ours to lose. But again, game 6 and 7 we were up double digits. Not just double digits, we had 20+ point leads in BOTH FREAKING GAMES. That is more on Pringles that not having CP3 on the court.

It wasn't on "us" to do anything with the money that Les promised him before trading for him. The end result is just that he was now paid out of our range and OKC was CP3's end result. Still feel bad for him because CP3 was nothing but good for us, outside of his injuries. On and off the court. Hell he got Trevor Ariza to sing Backstreet Boys for the world. Priceless.

But that part of our history is over. It is now the Westbrook era.

UTSA2step and napalm06 like this.
  10. s3ts

s3ts Member

Yeah, I know there was a wink wink deal. I'm just letting you know it doesn't make me a liar to say I wouldn't take the money. If I'm CP, I can leave some money on the table and still be very very happy.

He chose to take all the money, and now lets see if he's going to be happy.

11. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

He look ok in the Instagram post with Beal and Tatum.
    Though he looked bad when he got crossed over by Tatum.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

That money he would have given wouldnt have changed anything though, in terms of roster improvements.

13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

The person who came in from the back with a cheap shot should've been suspended for the season. If that coward had good aim, Chris could've suffered a Rudy T-like injury or worse. The intent is what matters.

14. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

First let me quote you...

Then let me quote ME:

Since i don't know you, I cannot speak to your morals, so will stop short of calling you a liar. I CAN however speak to what I said. I am NOT HEARING IT. A man knows his worth and if you know this is your last chance to cash in or take care of you and your family. You are taking the money. If you leave the money for someone else and THEIR family for ANY reason. Sorry, I am abdicating from your family.

I don't question CP3's taking of the money at all. It did put the Rockets in a difficult position paying so much money to someone we all saw was not going to help the team as much as we needed or to justify that much money. Even OKC saw that thus the draft pick haul. And even now we are seeing the Heat make that same assessment. If we commit that much to a player that doesn't carry our team, we will need a bit more.

And it is also for that reason I feel CP3 has been so ...gracious (???) in not calling out the move by the Rockets. He did take money and may sacrifice a ring as a result. But he took the money.

Just my two cents. Not that we have to agree at all...

15. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Brandon Ingram.

Actually he did get suspended... from the Lakers to NO. Tough luck. (He also got a four game suspension)

dc rock likes this.
  16. s3ts

s3ts Member

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but I was sure Morey can use some head room with the MLE to sign better players. We were over the cap, sure, but like I keep saying, Tilman wasn't going to spend mid-tier money and expect to land a championship. He definitely was willing to spend into the top-5 most spending team, I think we just couldn't squeeze out good enough space for the mid-tier or max players.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

We had all of our mid level exception left i believe(Somrone correct me if im wrong) we had some deals in place with memphis that probably owuld have put us in the tax. So i dont think Cp had any effect on the trade deadline moves.