1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Get Up) The Rockets and Nuggets top Jalen’s 2019-20 Western Conference playoff teams

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 18, 2019.

1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

2. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yup I saw that. Other guy is a lakers homer. I mean we won’t know how things will look like. It’s way to unpredictable to call right now. To many variables and what if to call one team the best team in the regular season. But if Denver is a top seed we should be up there. We will have pretty much the same team and we had a terrible start last season. Added that we should have won some of the easier games and we let them slipped.

If we had had no Melo and would have stayed focus for at least half the easier games we lost. We would have been the 1 seed. And if we wouldn’t have lost against okc the last game we would have been 3 seed instead and face the warriors in the western conference finals

So anyway we could be 1 seed no question about it. If Harden and Russ get on the same page is for sure. Plus Russ won’t let us lose those easy games and he will play more games than Chris played.
    We all know Harden carried us to the playoffs.

This season with Russ he will have someone to take some of the load. And he will be happier.

Hopefully Harden teaches Russ to tone it down a bit and Russ teaches Harden how to have some heart :p or at least not to stand and watch

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jalen

Rockets
    Nuggets
    Clippers

Blazers
    Lakers
    Utah
    GSW
    Spurs

#3 daywalker02, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    whiskeyred likes this.
  4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

im so excited guys finally the rockets have a juggernaut team this season, wooohoo!!

5. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

I'd rather the media not hype us up and we fly under the radar. We tend to not do well when expectations are high

BigShasta and naldodiaz like this.
  6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

How many time are you going to post this comment?

Clutchfans is going to find something to b**** about every step of the way, it’s festivus year round and the list of grievances is never ending.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Then take solace in the fact that their hype is really backhanded complimentary.

The Rockets will be great in the REGULAR SEASON because we all know how much they overvalue it and go stat chasing while the real contenders are playing the load management game. They will flame out in the playoffs.

That's basically the take of the national media. You should be happy.

8. Denovo

Denovo Member

The Nuggets are vastly overrated. They’ll do well in the regular season of course but they won’t get past Utah, LA, LAC, POR, HOU, or GS in a 7 game series assuming everyone is healthy.

I might throw a healthy Spurs team in there too.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Just imagine how good we'd be if our owner was willing to actually go into the tax for more players.

luckyman76, ROXTXIA and harold bingo like this.
  10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

yeah 538 and jalen are pretty encouraging.

by my own very scientific estimate:

• we won 53 games last year.
    • rus played 15 more than paul.
    • we have a full season of rivers and house
    • we have a full season with a defensive coach
    • we have no melo drama to start the season
    • better chemistry between our 2 max players
    • probably less missed games from harden and capela.
    i think its easy to see 58-60 wins which should put us squarely in first place.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, the last 2 seasons CP3 either flamed out or got injured.

I dun blame it on Load management entirely but it would have helped.

BigShasta likes this.
  12. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I think one of the reasons Harden resented Paul was because Jim carried the team through the regular season only to have CP3 dog him in the playoffs. And while Paul's critiques are likely valid, it probably felt like a version of The Scorpion and The Frog fable, Paul being the scorpion. Besides Westbrook being a friend, I think Harden saw someone who will be far more durable and productive in the regular season, which will be a form of "load management" for him, even if he doesn't get to skip a quarter of the season like Kawhi.

13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I was watching jalen and jacoby and he didnt even have us in the top 5 to compete for a title. Now he has us as the top western playoff contender...?

I didnt watch the video in op.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. s3ts

s3ts Member

The video explains the difference between title contention vs regular season seeding.

But I also see your point. If we're #1 seed, should at least put us in the top-5 for the contention. Either put us up into the top-3 in contention list, or drop us down from regular season seeding prediction to 2 or 3.

donkeypunch likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Who you would have signed if you were the owner?

16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol that's loser mentality.

N its obvious we gonna be really good...u notice what was the common factor in the top 2 team...mostly same rosters n teams that have players that dont miss games. While all the other team either dont play full season or major roster turn over.

It dont take a genius to figure out we gonna get off to a fast start.

N remember that's just reg season. I know clippers are the best team in the west..period. but I also know we gonna have a better record

Hakeemtheking and rhee like this.
  17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You honestly believe that our guys are sitting there watching this, and being like, "Oh ****....Jalen has us finishing first in the West?!? That's so much pressure though!"

vlaurelio likes this.
  18. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

1. Please type in English
    2. Whatever, I could infer from your post made no sense.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

the line is that we're good enough to be foils, and they hedge enough to not be outright wrong

20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol everything there is easy to read...can you read english?