1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Thor 4: Love and Thunder

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Taika Waititi to Direct 'Thor 4' (Exclusive)
    JULY 16, 2019 10:37AM by Borys Kit
    [​IMG]

Taika Waititi | Phillip Faraone/Getty Images

Meanwhile, development concerns force Warners to push back 'Akira.'

Taika Waititi is returning to the many worlds of Thor.

Waititi has inked a deal to write and direct a follow-up to his 2017 smash, Thor: Ragnarok.

But his boarding of what would be a fourth installment of the Marvel franchise comes at a cost: Warner Bros.' long-gestating adaptation of Japanese manga Akira.

That project, which was penciled for a May 21, 2021, release and had Waititi testing actors in a worldwide search for talent, is being put on pause indefinitely as the two projects' production dates began to bump up against one another. Script development concerns caused Akira to push back its shooting start, and while some of those have been addressed, say sources, the dates were now too close for comfort.

Warners' next step for Akira is unclear. Several sources have said that Warners is keen on keeping Waititi involved for the long term and hopes to see him pick up Akira after Thor 4.

Waititi brought his own stamp to the Thor franchise with Ragnarok, infusing the movie with an idiosyncratic wit evident in his previous work like What We Do in the Shadows and Hunt for the Wilderpeople. Audiences responded to the tune of almost $854 million worldwide while critics’ raves put the movie at 93 percent on Rotten Tomatoes. The move also rejuvenated what had been a rare declining franchise performer for Marvel.

Chris Hemsworth is expected to reprise his career-defining role as the Asgardian god of thunder.

theimpossibles1 and B-Bob like this.
  2. Juxtaposed Jolt

This is interesting. Since Thor was last seen with the GotG, and the next GotG movie doesn't exactly have a release date, I wonder what Marvel has planned for the two properties...

Dankstronaut likes this.
  3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I had no idea he played Viago, my favorite character, in the What We Do In the Shadows.

i'm kind of over superhero movies but I'd watch Thor 4 if he directs it.

fallenphoenix likes this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

already pre-fapping

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, this is interesting. I kind of assumed they were combining GotG and Thor for future movies, but I guess it makes more sense to do them separate based on the box offices of the last two stand alones of those two. I was so pleasantly surprised by Ragnarok, I will definitely check this out. That might be my favorite non-Avengers Marvel movie.

B-Bob likes this.
  6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Pretty sure Guardians 3 will be out in 2021 at the latest, so I'm guessing Thor 4 will be the same year or later.

7. marky :)

marky :) Member

As long as Tessa Thompson is in it, I'm all for it.

rockbox and Jontro like this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm betting on GOTG3 to come out first, featuring Thor in it and then that movie plants something for his next solo shot.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I wonder if they're going to hand the torch down to Tessa Thompson's character (as they seemed to do in End Game) and allow fat Thor to ride the wave out in this 4th installment.

Loki should be back as well, so it'll be fun to see Tom Hiddleston reprise his role as the God of Mischief. He's become a really likeable villian after his premiere in Avengers.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

that scene where tessa valkyrie put on her secksy uniform and then held that huge blaster... fukkinnn fappp!

need this one to be rated super r for tessa nudity.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

That's what I tend to believe. Gunn and Waititi seem to have a very good rapport and a similar type of humor. I'm sure they're discussing things between each other.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We're never gonna get an Akira movie are we? :(

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Be careful what you ask for. I'm gonna call you out when it finally does release with a 13% RT score.

Jontro likes this.
  14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Thor 4: (Good God, Y'all) What Is It Good For

Blake, Dankstronaut and FLASH21 like this.
  15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Would also be cool if they decided to "combine" the two franchises for a two-parter, with the GotG movie containing Thor but focusing more on GotG, and the Thor movie containing the GotG but focusing more on Thor. Can bring about interesting villain combinations.

Jontro likes this.
  16. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

I'm guessing they drop off or lose Thor somewhere along the way early in the movie and he has the rest of it without GOTG

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Absolutely nothing*.

* Nothing being a number between 0.5 and 1.5 billion dollars worldwide.

MadMax and justtxyank like this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

More Korg, please.

whiskeyred and seclusion like this.
  19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I was hoping Guardians 3 would focus on the original group, but Asgardians of the Galaxy would be dope.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

To me, it would just be jarring if Thor and GotG weren't connected in whatever movie that's due out next, whether it's Thor 4 or GotG 3, since Thor was last seen on the Milano.

However, I could see them explaining how Thor helped the GotG for only a short time and then went their separate ways, in a post-credits scene for the next MCU movie though. (assumed to be Black Widow?)