1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[O'Connor] Harden may have request trade from the Rockets if Chris Paul weren't traded...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by blahblehblah, Jul 17, 2019.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol this **** is silly no facts. Bro I'm tired of people bringing this up. This is why I didnt care when people said its arguments cause all that's normal. Fact is west is better. I would of wanted cp3 traded to for a better fuking player

2. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

At this point, I really don't care anymore. we got westbrook and I just hope that rivers is okay with playing behind him. None of this s*** matters if we can win a ring.

3. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

None of any s*** matters if we win a ring.

This s*** matters because it makes it less likely that we win a ring.

J Sizzle likes this.
  4. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

"MAY HAVE"

House Rockets likes this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

POF's runnin' wild in this thread!!
    [​IMG]

6. mastan

mastan Member

If Harden is not demanding better supporting cast then it can be argued that either he overestimates himself or doesn't care enough for championship... the team needs improvement even after WB trade in order to compete for championship..the team currently has too many holes.

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He's had championship quality talent around him. I'd argue the past two years nobody that wasn't on the Warriors had more talent around them. It just happened to be the era of a 4 all-star Warriors team. Hard to overcome that but I'm really sick of the narrative that it's a failure on the organization's part. Just because the Warriors have done a better job of building a team than almost any team in the history of the NBA doesn't mean the teams that cannot beat them have failed. The Rockets gave them hell despite the disadvantage and I view that as a success.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

malakas, Deuce and blahblehblah like this.
  9. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I get that this is just more speculation/noise for some, but for others this is worthwhile because it's a validation/confirmation that Morey had little choice in the matter.

You don't have to believe CP and Harden hated each other ( Im guessing it wasn't THAT bad). But this will at least let me know not to blame Morey if it turns out horribly.

For the record, I'm a fan of the trade but like @Clutch thought it was very un Morey like move.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Warriors have a really smart FO but not only that, they were extremely lucky too.

Thanks to Curry being hurt his contract year and the cap spike, they really took advantage of that to build their super team. Not taking anything from them because they did draft Curry and Green and Klay and built a team but too, they took a huge risk with Kerr that paid off. Kerr was a completely unproven coach and he's more than proved himself as an excellent coach.

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Not surprised, you really think Harden would just run it back with Morey while every other team gets better?

Ppl here acting like Harden is fine with a washed CP3 as a teammate. It was all fun and games the first year and then Harden realized Cp3 will never play up to that massive contract.

Denovo and vlaurelio like this.
  12. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

#72 blahblehblah, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Agreed about luck being a factor and them making some great moves.

I know I for one erroneously thought they shouldn't have fired mark Jackson lol. And equally crazy, thought they were stupid not to trade Klay/Green for klove haha.

That move they made to clear cap, sending out two picks to sign Iggy was also super underrated in 2014

malakas and JayGoogle like this.
  14. Outlier

Outlier Member

What does IDIOT mean??

Houstunna likes this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It deserves it's own thread.

malakas and J Sizzle like this.
  16. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Everyone contact Harden on Twitter or Instagram and tell him to acquire Robert Covington. Also, ask him to force a trade that gets Robbie Ray to the Astros.

mikol13 and BMoney like this.
  17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol wut? Harden is a 100% true max player

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I would question the source unless its Woj or Shams confirming, but I said it last season numerous times that the Rockets were very dangerously flirting with Harden's loyalty to the Rockets, and would not be the least surprised if he requested a trade. Actually if you pay attention to how the league works now, you should probably EXPECT it if you're doing what Houston was doing last season in taking cost cutting measure, etc.

mikol13 and malakas like this.
  19. dejamike

dejamike Member

He is!! But knowing FT can be cheap, he is going to cut costs somewhere else lol.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

About damn time.