1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Electricity Providers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mogrod, Apr 14, 2016.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You've probably been in good shape the last several months at least. I know a guy using them who calculates his rate every month and wants to compare with what I'm paying. He has the benefit of having very high usage (that $10/month is schmeared over more kwhs) but even on a normal household, his prices would be competitive.

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, energyogre.. I got tired of paying attention to the stupid contracts, they just autoswitch me, have saved a lot of money. Because sometimes I'd forget even by a month on the current contract and get stuck with a stupid bill. For $10 a month it's worth it, I think we've been w/ them 2 years now. Huge savings

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, the site is great as long as you set a reminder at contract time. Definitely works well, I just prefer forget everything method lately. Yeah, $10 a month sucks for energyogre but so far it's saved me from missing a switch/renewal etc.. Like I can't recall the company but I got majorly screwed on the kwh, like insane jump when I missed contract renewal. This was pretty early on but like trippled my rate. That one time was enough for an annual membership to eo. I don't know if they still do that or even what company it was with, but it sucked.

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Note powertochoose site is awesome as noted above by @donkeypunch , and it's really broken down for you. By far the easiest way outside of energyogre or someone else doing it for you. I highly recommend it as well, just know your numbers per month and pay attn to when the contract is signed (seasonal wise) and compare those months on previous bills usage (kwh) or... Even track your own etc. You'll be way ahead switching every time you can or even renewing your own contract etc.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Arent the electric providers supposed to let you know 1 or 2 months in advance that its time for a renewal? I want to say mine always has.

Im on a 12 month plan thats locked in at .08/kw and would be extremely annoyed if I had to remember when I signed the contract and not be reminded when it was up.

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, they probably did, I've been overly busy with everything. It's just one less thing to not worry about. But I think you're right.

donkeypunch likes this.
  7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yes, they will, but a lot of people will think it's junk mail and throw it away without opening it. It is actually pretty hard to convince customers to devote 5 minutes of mental energy to making a choice at contract time.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Bump.

GRIDDY :D

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

$8-9 :eek::eek:

10. Roscoe Arbuckle

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I've been hearing bad things about Griddy lately due to peak pricing being high

I have the free nights plan with Just Energy. It works well because nobody is home until about 7 PM and I charge my Model 3 "for free" on a timer starting at 9 PM.

12. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Anyone here have V247 Power as an electricity provider? Rates are nuts right now, and all plans seemingly have high energy charges on top of it. v247 offers decent rates and is amongst the lowest energy charges for a 12-month plan. Most of the bad reviews I've read about them were due to billing mishaps either by them or the customer. Wanted to see if anyone had any personal experience here