1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bushwick Bill-RIP

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Torn n Frayed, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

One of the most remarkable Houstonians ever. Heard so many heartbreaking, crazy stories about the lifestyle he led back in the day, heard the pain in his songs like "I Just Wanna Die," but all you'd ever hear is how he would randomly be at whatever event and be happy to meet everyone and take pictures. He always seemed to have a smile on his face. You could tell he really loved to entertain people. I saw him perform with Geto Boys several times over the years, with my favorite being their performance in the round at Arena Theater a few years ago. It was a great bill that night.

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

RIP Bushwick

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Sorry to hear this. I told my story of meeting him and the rest of the Geto Boys in the other thread. He was a super nice guy. Rest in Peace, Bill.

Houstunna likes this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, damn, this sucks. Part of one of the best acts to come out of Houston.

tinman likes this.
  5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

he was spending a lot of time in austin a few years ago doing a bunch of recording (maybe living here?) and would show up at local shows and jump onstage with random bands. he did it with some friends of mine and then invited them to his studio to jam. they recorded a bunch of stuff with him freestyling over it and got to hang out with him all night. he did this with a bunch of bands in town...from what i heard he was super-prolific while he was here. i wonder if any of that will see the light of day.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

7. Poloshirtbandit

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

9. OkayAyeReloaded

Rest in Peace, he was a part of classic albums. Houston Legend

10. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Came across this interview that paints a crazy ass picture between Bushwick and the Geto Boys. I am only posting one part of the Willie D interview but there are several parts find them if you want. Also, after the Willie D post is Bushwick's son's response. It seems the interviewer has a beef with the other interviewer which detracts away from the overall conversation. Very interesting regardless.

11. Poloshirtbandit

I knew Willie D and Bill didn't get along but didn't know it was that deep.

K mf G likes this.