1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

trump's nativist/racist tweets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 14, 2019.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

You know as well as I do that these women have joined an alliance to push a racial agenda and do not have the country’s best interests in mind. As far as Trump making fun of everyone who opposes him, I agree and that it’s silly and childish but I think it’s his defense mechanism from constant harassment from all angles from people that don’t want him to succeed. We can’t let Trump of all people accomplish great things and expose the political system for what it is which he is doing btw. Answer me this who and I know I’ve asked you before and you said independent but other than Trump who do you honestly believe would be better after listening to their total views of insanity?

Cohete Rojo likes this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I was not expecting Trump to ever go full Clayton Bigsby, but here we are.

3. mick fry

mick fry Member

No I’m asking would it be a racist tweet if one of them were Ukranian?

4. mick fry

mick fry Member

Why did Greeks hide in a huge wooden horse?

5. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Why should I care if he’s a racist (or not) if he can deliver on .... (whatever is of high value to his supporters).

It’s great that we have one of us (racist) as POTUS.

Those are the two I can understand as real reason for supporting him. The he’s not a racist is possible but I doubt there is a large number of those... many may pretend to be though

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You have to be kidding. You post why his “tweets” weren’t racist as hell, and why you aren’t pissed off that he made them.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

He’s right: if they don’t want to represent America then they can get on out.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I voted for a write in Republican in 2016. And this person greatly disappointed me, but I think a lot of it was due to kowtowing to Trump rather than standing strong. Unfortunately, I don’t think there is anyone known who can unite the country in its current state, but you can throw a rock and hit plenty of Republicans or Democrats who could govern in a better manner than the President. I think just about any 2016 Republican candidate would have done a better job with respect to the conservative platform as Trump has. Clinton would have been too polarizing, so I don’t have much confidence that things would have gotten accomplished, but I don’t think she would have been as insulting and mean as Trump. I do think Biden or someone of his ilk would have served the liberal agenda well.

foh and Jayzers_100 like this.
  9. edwardc

edwardc Member

Worst part of it all is his supporters know that he's a lowlife.

10. mick fry

mick fry Member

You didn’t answer. When you say Govern you mean not cause waves and not address pressing issues.

11. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To defeat the Trojans and take back Helen. Who’s Helen in this scenario? Kellyanne Conway?

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maybe Trump will get eaten by a gator on one of his taxpayer boondoggles at Mar a Lago.

DD

edwardc likes this.
  13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I would not consider that racist. Just anti-immigrant.

Would he be as ready to tell a white Ukrainian to go back to their country as a brown person or black person? Maybe, or maybe not.

Should he refrain from such tweets against brown/black people in particular because they would be embraced by white nationalists and help to normalize their racist attitudes and dissuade minorities from seeking out public office? Absolutely. Is his willful disregard of this racist in itself? IMO, yes.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He is going to have no where to turn soon. He is ok with for example his wife being here from Slovenia I guess. or others being from European countries etc. instead of these crap hole countries he is referring to these congresswomen are from.

the only thing is those Euro countries have things like universal healthcare and provided tuition to public universities. which conservatives hate also. massive medical bills and student is good. accepting human's impact on climate change.

overall you they whomever are going to have figure out what you don't hate besides 'Merica. Specifically white 'Merica.

joshuaao likes this.
  15. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

You’ve mentioned Bill Clinton twice. I’ve never once spoken about him. Why are you building a straw man?

I only mentioned Trump. Name a professional setting, particularly one which is exposed to media coverage, where his rhetoric would be acceptable? It’s not. For the sake of argument, I’ll say Clinton’s affairs and/or other nefarious activities (rape, sure) are harmful to the country.

Trump is harmful too. You can’t defend one man’s actions by denouncing another’s. And try as you may, tweeting words (in his position) is an action that has ramifications.

peleincubus and foh like this.
  16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I’ll play devil’s advocate with you as well. You think they should leave the country, or otherwise step out of leadership roles. Ok, fine. Do you think the sitting President of the United States of America should be talking the way he talks though? I don’t know if you’ve been part of an organization with a power structure, had a CEO, etc. or otherwise analyzed the significance a public figure has when speaking, but it has far-reaching implications.

There’s a reason Tesla’s stock took a temporary hit when Elon Musk smoked a blunt on a radio show. There’s a reason Donald Sterling had to sell the Clippers. You can’t tweet whatever ignorant thought comes to mind or behave any way you want to when you’re in charge of a large entity.

Donald Trump took on the responsibility to not disparage citizens of this country, to not talk s***t about foreign countries on a constant basis, to not use his twitter account to repeatedly insult those who disagree with him (Crooked Hillary, Lyin Chuck, etc). Part of his job description is to be a level-headed figurehead that at least makes an effort to unify rather than divide. He fails miserably. Find another guy to effectuate your policy goals, sure. But his behavior...not even factoring in other issues...is far below the standards of which we should elect a mayor, let alone the highest position in the country.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The tweet wasn't racist. This is a bold faced lie from the media and posters on this board. This is an obvious smear.

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

trump doubles down on his nativist/racist attack on the four congresswomen. And in the process, destroys one weak republican attempt to defend his tweet (that he only meant Congresswoman Omar, the only one not born in the U.S.). And yet, no republican lawmaker has spoken out against his nativist/racist attack, not even congressional colleagues. Shows how broken the trump-led republican party is.

19. NewRoxFan

Well, I stand corrected... the first republican congressman to criticize trump, in a weird "... on both sides" way, by attacking illegal immigrants and Democrats. Texas congressman chip roy...

20. NewRoxFan

Even the Prime Minister of Great Britain will say what the republican leadership won't...

https://af.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idAFKCN1UA11D