1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Details on CP3 relationship with Harden/Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 26, 2019.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Yup absolutely I agree

joshuaao, vlaurelio, TexAg713 and 2 others like this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

There's a certain kind of team that can not get along and still win, but it requires an enormous talent level (Kobe-Shaq, for example). Add in CP3's gimpy hamstrings, though, and it's hard to argue for riding that out another year or two and hoping they find a way to make it work.

vlaurelio and HP3 like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Oh LOL, is that what we are doing, all due respect to ch 44 but I trust Rivers and especially Tucker over him. And you are delusional if trust this insider source who wasn’t even sure over Tucker and Rivers

And please don’t call me son like you just dropped some knowledge haha. You don’t know anything you just complain like a punk.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Idk man I feel like Cp could have bounced back this year but I get it, he’s old and more decline is likely.

Like I thought they really enjoyed playing together last year man, it really looked like they did. I think this was just James not believing in Cp anymore.

derp and jcf like this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Maybe Rivers imagined himself starting at least 40 games while CP3 was recovering from a blown hammy. That's about the closest to a guarantee that Austin Rivers could possibly get to being an NBA starter at this point in his career.

Gray_Jay and malakas like this.
  6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

See I think Harden and everyone knows cp3 is useful to harden and any team.

It’s the age and contract that just didn’t mesh.

U can’t have a guy who came off his worst season shooting and scoring wise making 40m all while being injury prone and getting even older slower and more expensive.

I think it’s crazy to think cp3 would avg more than 14 and 8 next year with maybe better 3 point shooting but the same or worse fG% around the hoop and midrange because of his physical decline.

That hammy tear in the wcf took to much out of him.

lilbird20 likes this.
  7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I mean I was just going off the supposed other teams interested in him. Obviously it could be fake news regarding his other FA offers though, then again the contracts lately are crazy

Gray_Jay and topfive like this.
  8. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

I'm sure 30 yo star is a lot easier to trade a 35 yo star whatcha you think?

tc0330 likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oh, you mean Westbrook?

DD

Jayzers_100 and harold bingo like this.
  10. Caprah

Caprah Member

And the fact that Ryan Hollins a former teammate of Paul on espn just stated no one likes playing with paul

11. tc0330

tc0330 Member

yessir

arabrocket likes this.
  12. threepointshot3

No? You mean a guy who forced his way out of New Orleans , Los Angeles and now booted out of htown is not a good guy and a pain in the ass?

13. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

"When You Play The Game Of Thrones, You Win Or You Die."

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Sure but Russ is also 4 years younger and just avg 20/11/10 pretty big difference

At worst Russ stays that same cp3 only getting worse

And atleast Russ is available to play cp3 misses 1/3 of the season every year.

I like cp3 more than Russ if he was even 32 but he’s not he’s gking to be 35 at the end of this season.

Russ isn’t perfect but he’s better this year and moving forward.

It’s a no brainer.

What could u have gotten for cp3 that’s better than Russ?

15. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Heck, in this year's playoffs everyone was on pins and needles hoping Paul could physically survive the playoffs, he barely survived half of the regular season.

TheFreak likes this.
  16. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Lmao!!! So Russ 2 years removed from an MVP is equal to busted up CP3? Ok DD logic at its finest.

17. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hate-to-be-a-debbie-downer-but-thought-you-should-know.jpg.png

DD (Debbie Downer)

18. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

He wouldnt have. I'll repeat this so people dont misquote me"cp3 is still a good player" but he can not be your 2nd best player n expect to win a chip, not anymore. N it's nothing wrong with that he just old.

Like I said before I would of loved to kept him with Jimmy butler. If he ur 3rd best player u gonna win a chip. If he goes to the Lakers now. They would be my favorite to win...I actually think he gonna go there.

Harden actually is a really smart n cut throat guy, it was the right move. He swapped out a younger better player..u can win with russ being your 2nd best player. At this stage

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

preach

1 playoff series win since 1997 before Harden arrived

people need to start watching their mouths...

20. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I wouldn't be surprised to learn there was a handshake deal to take care of Rivers next year, now that he signed a contract that, though it only pays the minimum this year, gives the Rockets limited Bird rights on him for next year. I recall reading here that the Rockets could conceivably offer 32/4 to him. I don't know if it'll be that much, but I think it will be enough to reward his willingness to come back this year.

As to the point, what's the worst that can happen with WB, we agree his game is dependent on other-worldly athleticism, right? What happens to him when, like what happened with D12 as he also got older, he's no longer the quickest, fastest guy on the court. I can easily see his decline starting much earlier than a more cerebral, dependent on court vision, etc...player like Paul.

Naturally, I hope that won't happen, and that WB finds that Houston has rejuvenated his game and broadened his skills as a basketball player.

CCity Zero and topfive like this.