1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Shams] Details on CP3 relationship with Harden/Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Mr Chuck Norris

Understand now that the Lakers are title contenders they need a villian. We were the villian to GSW and now we’re a villian yo the Lakers. It really started last year. Now it’s a fight at the top of the west. So the media LOVES LA and always will. So we. Are going to get the shittiest of shitstorms thrown our way, all year. All we need to focus on is winning the west. And we have no warriors to run into so the time is now.

Ramo$e, lw17 and JVL713 like this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This **** was completely true and everybody here not only unfairly criticized the journalistic integrity of the writers but are now flip flopping to how WB (who couldn’t even shoot 40% from the field and was one of the worst 3 pt shooters) is an impactful player.

If James demanded it **** him for this

3. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

So many L's to take for all those who just want to believe everything is beautfiul via their rose tinted glasses

4. HP3

HP3 Member

What? This doesn’t prove that James and Chris hated each other at all. I believe Tucker/Rivers over everybody.

5. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Yes, you'd believe two players who are coming back to the team and have everything to lose but absolutely nothing to gain by saying there was indeed a rift

Keep Calm and Stay Delusional

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

James is the best **** that's happened to this organization since the Hakeem Olujawon days. We've been competitive, we've advanced in the playoffs, we've had really good records overall.

James is your franchise player. Everybody else is just a piece to the puzzle. I'm not happy with the trade, but CP3 showed his age last season and did not help when we most needed it. I don't think this is the solution to our puzzle, but if James thinks this is what he wants, then we should go ahead and just ride it out with him.

Morey would not be considered the great GM he is right now if it weren't for that James Harden trade. We'd probably be on our 2nd or 3rd GM by now.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

Rivers wasn’t signed with us when he said that. And if you think Tucker would go up and lie like that, you are delusional. Report already came out saying the Paul/Harden relationship wasn’t the reason for the trade.

Only one who’s delusional here is you. But hey you like it when the Rockets are bad so you can keep complaining have fun :rolleyes:

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Saying they hated each other is a bit dramatic. They obviously got along great that first season, but last year their dynamic changed for some reason. I still think it's because we dumped CP3's buddy Melo after 10 games; I wonder if he thinks Harden might have had something to do with that behind the scenes.

Anyway, these guys have to work together about 8 months out of the year. You don't have to HATE someone to decide you don't want to be around them that much. I've had shitty co-workers who were pretty decent people otherwise. CP3 seems Kobe-like in that he can probably make a 2-hour practice seem like 4 hours.

don grahamleone and HP3 like this.
  9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah Rivers was a FA and took less to rejoin, I'll definitely listen to players. I mean he would have just said it's a dumpster fire and joined another team for more money. You don't rejoin a team for less money if you think there's serious drama

Ramo$e and HP3 like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey talked to CP3, that was just a way to secure Plan C.

Plan A and B always has been getting rid of him. It is wicked.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is not about why we traded him, it is how.

Morey went to see him and openly backed him for the coming season......

and behind the back he was traded to a franchise he wasn't really fond of.

I know Fertitta told him to but another sign why Morey isn't well liked by players.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

o_O

Not beautiful, but normal when losing. There better be some god damn discontent in the locker-room with CP3 unwilling to take an open shot or be aggressive at all.

Richie_Rich, BigShasta and B-Bob like this.
  13. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

yes, Harden would say it's him or me without a rift. Or is ch44 now not credible?

LMAO, stay delusional, son

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  14. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

I agree with what you said, but I really see this trade more of ( let’s get out of Paul’s contract ) we can trade WB anytime we need to and get assets.

ElPigto, Ramo$e and tc0330 like this.
  15. tc0330

tc0330 Member

yea westbrook will be so much easier to trade than cp if $hit goes south

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

WB was the best thing to happen to OKC...doesn’t mean it’s good for the franchise. Harden gets to play with his buddy great that’s good for him, but this doesn’t exactly help the franchise. His style of play has become cancerous to any ball movement and has pushed those advocating for it away. I care about the rockets getting better.

17. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

What in the world do they have to lose?

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Considering that the Warriors have been the only team in our way the last couple of years, I would argue that we have done pretty ****ing well with the heavy isolation style we play. I get that it may not be fun to the media, but as a fan I've had a hell of a time watching the Rockets. Sure, there have been a lot of times I been disappointed and you can definitely find posts of me pouting and being angry at our style, but ultimately the results don't lie and our style has mostly delivered.

I obviously don't measure our success based on championships, otherwise every year it would be a failure.

I am trying to find the positives in this trade and although the shooting will not be great, it is nice to actually have another player that can get to the rim at will and create fouls. WB has never shot this bad from the FT line so I expect last year to be an anomaly. I am realistic and I don't expect his three point shooting to get much better, but I am hoping with Harden here that his usage will go down enough where he isn't harming us.

I am concerned about low IQ plays he makes, playing out of control and also his tendency to shoot his team out of the game when it is close, but once again I am hoping Harden will help mitigate. My more major concern has to do with the leadership and mentality that Paul brought. We been a much improved defensive team the last two years and although I love Tuck and I know he has a lot to do with it, I feel like the biggest voice in that locker room has been CP3. Russ has not been great defensively, ever, so I do feel we will slip which is what also makes me question this trade.

BigMaloe and Ramo$e like this.
  19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I like cp3 but dude was old and slow last year.

He wasn’t very efficient either last year.

Not to mention he’s gettibg even older misses 33% of the games and how many 6-8 point games did he have this year?

Way to many to be making 40m a year.

Can’t all be Hardens fault that Paul couldn’t score.

Dude had so many games were he shot 12-15 shots and scored 8 points.

Ya he’s assist and playmaking was still pretty solid but his midrange suffered he was terrible finishing around the hoop and his 3 point shooting wasn’t terrible outside of a 10 game stretch after he came back from injury.

I really like cp3 but this was a no brainer trade and I’ll say it again I don’t really like Russ but this will work better than cp3 would have last year.

Okc was good for a large portion of the season last year with Russ playing 2nd fiddle to PG13 and that was with no shooting.

PG13 got hurt they suffered.

Now he’s with a better offensive player in harden and a better collection of shooters and talent around him.

We’re going to be really good and I bet Russ shoots better maybe not from 3 but if he does get his 3 back to his mvp year of 34%? Watch out nba.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

I think it’s more that when James saw CP wasn’t useful to him(wrongly imo) and saw that Westbrook his friend was available he jumped at the chance. Combine that with Cp’s personality and Tillman being a moron and you have the result.

Ramo$e likes this.