1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Rockets may be offering the farm trying to create space

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 26, 2019.

1. opticon

opticon Member

We get clicks

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

You're half right, they wanted Dwight as badly as us, Iggy was a plan B, but you're right and i was wrong about Iggy being dumped since he wasn't even there yet, they were about to dump only Bogut for Dwight, maybe they dumped Biedrins early and it was enough to get Iggy.

3. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

You mean like when Golden State added KD and lost Barnes, Bogut (when he was still useful), and a couple other role players in the process?
    (ok, fine, KD was a top 5 player, so the analogy is flawed. But great players can figure it out pretty quickly.)

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Yup, I remember that now. I think he notified each team one by one that he was not signing there, and it basically came down to us, the Warriors, and him staying with the Lakers. Man, I remember how hyped I was that day. Good times.

Vivi likes this.
  5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This ****ing sucks

6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If it was Tucker for Butler alone, your argument might make sense. That’s not the case, though. It’s three-fifths of the Rockets’ starting lineup for one player. Also, P.J. Tucker is on another level defensively than Trevor Ariza ever was. Tucker is capable of guarding elite perimeter scorers and elite post scorers, too. That’s insanely rare and useful in today’s NBA. He’s basically Draymond Green without the playmaking ability.

As for team chemistry, it was no coincidence that Eric Gordon struggled with his shot the entire time his name was mentioned in the Jimmy Butler rumors with Minnesota. You seriously think he will be thrilled to come back after the team continues to shop him this offseason? Pro or not, he’s still a human being. At this point, I don’t see how Gordon can be on the roster next year.

clutchdabear likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

I can tell you who didn't make that comment........... James Harden and Chris Paul.

Deuce and DVauthrin like this.
  8. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I really wish he had signed with the Warriors. Hindsight is 20/20

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Inb4 Tillman just wants to dump salary to save money and is using Butler as an excuse. Then when the Rockets get rid of all those players and Jimmy decides to stay in Philly, rockets can go into rebuild mode and Tillman saves millions of dollars.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

People say this all the time and it's never true. The guys Morey has gotten have been guys he targeted.

Nook likes this.
  11. DVauthrin

When did Kevon Looney develop a three-point shot, and when did Aminu develop enough lower-body strength to play center in a small-ball lineup?

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Also, fwiw, Rockets could still get back players in these trades, probably small salaries, but still...if they move Clint and Eric with Nene and a couple of minimum guys, they should be able to take back some more salary with Butler, maybe some diamond in the rough like Spellman from Atlanta (since they have Collins and Hunter) or Giles from Sacramento, just a couple of cheap players with potential that came into my mind.

BaselineFade and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. Kornel87

Kornel87 Member

SERIOUSLY WHY IS MOREY SO BENT ON US NOT HAVING ANY CONTINUITY. MY GOODNESS MOREY HAS TO F'ING STOP. Carrol didn't this and we won two championship. For crying out loud, keep Tucker. Do what the hell you please analytical sir with Capella and Gordon.

horig#25 likes this.
  14. mastan

mastan Member

PJ is a good bench player.. Rockets made him starting PF after Ryan Anderson got injured last season (2017-2018). I like Tucker from bench or if he is starting then at SF...I know all like his hustles but his lack of size and disappearance on offence every now and then are huge weaknesses. Only hustles though good but cannot compensate for lack of height, athleticism and lack of offensive skills. His defense is good though except for rebounding.

#234 mastan, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  15. Kornel87

Kornel87 Member

Btw I'm two deep into my pinot noir after a long work day lol. Do with that as you please!

16. RyanB

RyanB Member

when u're chasing a superstar you have to take those risks
    and in business there is no place for love feelings
    it's about winning
    look at Toronto, their GM didn't give a s... about hurting Lowry by trading his buddy Delozan... look at the results, he even fired Casey
    Fortunately Morey doesn't think like us sensitive irrational fans

17. DVauthrin

I must have missed where Golden State gave away Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson or Draymond Green to acquire Durant. Tucker is the Rockets’ version of Green. Capela is comparable to Barnes, and Gordon is much better than Bogut was.

The other thing is the Warriors had a collection of players that could all play off the ball. Curry, Thompson and Green did not always need the ball in their hands to be effective. Therefore, integrating a ball-dominant player like Durant was easier, and he, too, had the ability to be a catch-and-shoot player at times. That’s not the case with the Rockets.

18. mastan

mastan Member

Why not give up our next year's 1st round pick instead of trading for 1st round pick? We gave up this year's pick for nothing.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I said nothing about whether he's targeted guys or not, just that it comes as a surprise, as in no one knew the player acquired could even be had. Like Harden and CP3 were both acquired when no one even discussed the player could be had.

Butler is a player that could be had...but if Morey were to somehow end up with say Paul George or something that's what is meant by that phrase. I don't think anyone is saying Morey makes any moves on a whim, I'm certainly not, just that his biggest moves aren't often reported on for weeks and weeks other than the pursuit of Dwight Howard I guess.

20. s3ts

s3ts Member

we can't afford to lose Tuck. the only way i'd be okay w/ that is if we get back another small-ball PF/C who can do what he does. i don't see very many options out there to replace him. if Morey blindsides me w/ a great pickup like he did to get Tuck in the first place, great. but right now, doesn't look that great.

also, losing Capela + Tuck will deplete our front-court too much. Hartenstein? that's not enough to get out of the WC.